• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

if pics tell us something

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
129898_1_.jpg

from the link

trayvon-martin-drudge.jpg

not-trayvon-martin.jpg

Let's be totally clear about one thing.

Even if both of these pictures were of Trayvon, neither tell us ANYTHING about his character or the events leading up to his death.

Millions of teenagers – white and black, male and female – upload stupid pictures of themselves trying to look tough, every day. All male teenagers pose as tough guys. All of them. Especially online.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this post said the picture of the kid with a dartboard behind him was "definitely" Trayvon. It said the second picture may be Trayvon. Most media outlets are now using the picture with the dartboard as a picture of Trayvon, though some people question this. Also it's pretty clear now that the second picture is definitely not Trayvon.

http://www.businessinsider.com/just...ture-says-nothing-about-trayvon-martin-2012-3

The bottom pic tells me that he could sure use a belt.....and better taste in clothes! Who the hell wears orange if they're not on a chain gang?

The bottom pic tells me that he could sure use a belt.....and better taste in clothes! Who the hell wears orange if they're not on a chain gang?

that pic doesnt belong to him lutherf

994829_335085916624593_38004850_n.jpg

So let me understand... the OP posted pictures... and then is furious that the pictures she herself posted are fake and irrelevant???:shock: If EVER there was an example of making a strawman...:roll:

So let me understand... the OP posted pictures... and then is furious that the pictures she herself posted are fake and irrelevant???:shock: If EVER there was an example of making a strawman...:roll:

please read it again

Honestly, it doesn't matter if these pictures exist. They're irrelevant to the trial and facts of the case..

jo you let me understand what you mean ?

because l cant

the last pic doesnt look like him but lets assume it is his pic ,what article says is it doesnt mean he is guilty

The pictures don't illustrate guilt or innocence. Trayvon Martin was not accused of a crime by a court but only by a defense who was accused of another crime.

It does bother me that there are some people in society that want to admonish this young man of all his sins and "honor him" as I believe our dictator in charge recently said. I do not "honor" a thief, a would be gang member, a drug user and a person who I believe assaulted another for no good reason. Sorry that kid does not deserve honor or respect - he deserves our scorn - and I will disagree forever with anyone that says I should "honor" him.

The pictures don't illustrate guilt or innocence. Trayvon Martin was not accused of a crime by a court but only by a defense who was accused of another crime.

It does bother me that there are some people in society that want to admonish this young man of all his sins and "honor him" as I believe our dictator in charge recently said. I do not "honor" a thief, a would be gang member, a drug user and a person who I believe assaulted another for no good reason. Sorry that kid does not deserve honor or respect - he deserves our scorn - and I will disagree forever with anyone that says I should "honor" him.

l dont remember saying lets honor him

but comdemning a child without enough evidence seems so cruel

All male teenagers pose as tough guys. All of them.

Bull****. Not every male teenager is a fighter nor do they all desire to be seen as tough guys. By the time the majority of the fighters and/or tough guy wannabes get to be Trayvon's age they have grown out of that kind of mindset and behavior patterns.

Last edited:
Trayvon was an angel sent from above and Zimmerman hunted him down like a rabid dog, and if you dont go along with that your are racist.

Trayvon was an angel sent from above and Zimmerman hunted him down like a rabid dog, and if you dont go along with that your are racist.

As a Conservative I've managed to get quite used to that over the past few years.

this is not exactly racism but maybe prejudice and generalization about a group of people

Are you trying to tick people off or are you just that blind?

I didn't suggest you claimed we should honor him; that was something I attributed to the dictator in charge right now - it was our "beloved dictator" o'failure that said he should be honored.

l dont remember saying lets honor him

but comdemning a child without enough evidence seems so cruel

And how is anything I said blind?

TM was a thief - found with stolen property in his pockets at school.
TM was a drug user - bragged about it on face book - caught with drugs at school.
TM had gang affiliations - was in routine contact with a gang leader - digital media shows us so.

FACTS illustrate TM was a thug - not an innocent little kid

Are you trying to tick people off or are you just that blind?

I didn't suggest you claimed we should honor him; that was something I attributed to the dictator in charge right now - it was our "beloved dictator" o'failure that said he should be honored.

what is he supposed to say ?

TM was a drug user - bragged about it on face book - caught with drugs at school.
TM had gang affiliations
- was in routine contact with a gang leader - digital media shows us so.

does he deserve to be killed because he is not like other sweety white childern ?

TM had gang affiliations - was in routine contact with a gang leader - digital media shows us so.

I guess there is no talking to someone. Let's just leave it at this....let's say you are right (even though these are claims you are in no position to make given the information you have) it still is not evidence of his guilt. His innocence, in this instance, can refer only to THAT night. He was just walking through the neighborhood on his way home. Utterly innocent behavior.

My issue is not with TM's actions that night or the result. It is focused solely on the beliefs some have in this society we should "honor" him as the loser in charge of the white house says we should - I disagree. I honor veterans, police officers and volunteers. I'm glad to honor teachers, firefighters and other hero's. I do not honor THUGS and want to be criminals.

I guess there is no talking to someone. Let's just leave it at this....let's say you are right (even though these are claims you are in no position to make given the information you have) it still is not evidence of his guilt. His innocence, in this instance, can refer only to THAT night. He was just walking through the neighborhood on his way home. Utterly innocent behavior.

I'm not able to make that determination because it was not me he was trying to cause great bodily harm too. I'll never say - I don't know. All I'm saying is he does not deserve to be "honored" that is reserved for people who earn it. TM did not earn it - in fact he didn't even came close.

And your race baiting is pathetic.

does he deserve to be killed because he is not like other sweety white childern ?

Back
Top Bottom