• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

if pics tell us something

My issue is not with TM's actions that night or the result. It is focused solely on the beliefs some have in this society we should "honor" him as the loser in charge of the white house says we should - I disagree. I honor veterans, police officers and volunteers. I'm glad to honor teachers, firefighters and other hero's. I do not honor THUGS and want to be criminals.

It seems odd the at you feel compelled to criticize the choices someone else makes as to who they honor.

I can't think of any easier decision to criticize; well I'd like to offer criticisms of his handling of Benghazi but he won't tell us what he did.

It seems odd the at you feel compelled to criticize the choices someone else makes as to who they honor.

I can't think of any easier decision to criticize; well I'd like to offer criticisms of his handling of Benghazi but he won't tell us what he did.

It sounds decisive and self serving. Portraying oneself as the man with all the "right" answers and everyone who disagrees is an idiot. Maybe a little hypocritical too, I can criticize you and your choices because I'm right but you don't have to same right to criticize mine....because I'M right.

Well Thank God its a free country and I can criticize the loser in charge as much as I want.

It sounds decisive and self serving. Portraying oneself as the man with all the "right" answers and everyone who disagrees is an idiot. Maybe a little hypocritical too, I can criticize you and your choices because I'm right but you don't have to same right to criticize mine....because I'M right.

Actually, pictures don't tell much at all...... unless they're evidence in a trial. And the evidence spoke for itself.

My issue is not with TM's actions that night or the result. It is focused solely on the beliefs some have in this society we should "honor" him as the loser in charge of the white house says we should - I disagree. I honor veterans, police officers and volunteers. I'm glad to honor teachers, firefighters and other hero's. I do not honor THUGS and want to be criminals.
all police officers ,all veterans are heroes ?

so it means all black chidlren are drug user potential criminals

you like generalizations

So let me understand... the OP posted pictures... and then is furious that the pictures she herself posted are fake and irrelevant???:shock: If EVER there was an example of making a strawman...:roll:

The third pic is not Trayvon Martin.. Its a boy who lives in Savannah.

The third pic is not Trayvon Martin..
Yes it is sharon. It may not be the correct Trayvon Martin, but it is Trayvon Martin.

And how is anything I said blind?

TM was a thief - found with stolen property in his pockets at school.
TM was a drug user - bragged about it on face book - caught with drugs at school.
TM had gang affiliations - was in routine contact with a gang leader - digital media shows us so.

FACTS illustrate TM was a thug - not an innocent little kid

I'm not really comfortable with your portrayal of him based on these criteria...in fact, I think it's kinda bull****.

he could been a thug or wannabe thug, who knows?.. but these generalization are kind lame, and rather useless...ultimately, his character makes little difference. his actions are what's important.

smoking weed does not a thug make
associating with "gang leaders" does not a thug make.

even though I lived a raucous life, I'm no thug.. but I smoke weed , drink whiskey, I used to love brawling and hell raisin',and many of my "associates" are ,and have been, neck deep in the criminal world.. from old school mob figures in Vegas and Kansas city, to "outlaw" MC officers.
based on our records and history, I'm far more thuggish than TM ever was... and supposedly, more deserving of getting killed.

I personally don't think TM's character, or public persona, matters much... it doesn't matter if he was a thug or a sweet innocent young man with a stellar character.... his choice to assault Zimmerman cost him his life, and that's all that really matters.

there's no sense in celebrating the guy (TM) and there's no sense in assassinating his character.

The bottom pic tells me that he could sure use a belt.....and better taste in clothes! Who the hell wears orange if they're not on a chain gang?
I know. And the music these kids listen to these days... Just a bunch of noise and garbage. Back in my day we had real music. ...and these kids keep getting on my lawn. wtf? In my day we had more respect for our elders.

I know. And the music these kids listen to these days... Just a bunch of noise and garbage. Back in my day we had real music. ...and these kids keep getting on my lawn. wtf? In my day we had more respect for our elders.

back in my day, my elders were appalled at our choices in music and dress...damn old fuddy-duddies :lol:

Yes it is sharon. It may not be the correct Trayvon Martin, but it is Trayvon Martin.

Its Trayvon Martin who lives in Savannah and attends Myers Middle School.

I'm not really comfortable with your portrayal of him based on these criteria...in fact, I think it's kinda bull****.

he could been a thug or wannabe thug, who knows?.. but these generalization are kind lame, and rather useless...ultimately, his character makes little difference. his actions are what's important.

even though I lived a raucous life, I'm no thug.. but I smoke weed , drink whiskey, I used to love brawling and hell raisin',and many of my "associates" are ,and have been, neck deep in the criminal world.. from old school mob figures in Vegas and Kansas city, to "outlaw" MC officers.
based on our records and history, I'm far more thuggish than TM ever was... and supposedly, more deserving of getting killed.

I personally don't think TM's character, or public persona, matters much... it doesn't matter if he was a thug or a sweet innocent young man with a stellar character.... his choice to assault Zimmerman cost him his life, and that's all that really matters.

there's no sense in celebrating the guy (TM) and there's no sense in assassinating his character.
His generalizations are not BS but dead on.

back in my day, my elders were appalled at our choices in music and dress...damn old fuddy-duddies :lol:
Back in my day, with my hair down past my shoulder blades, ratty jeans, and AC/DC playing in my Chevelle I was still not look at as a wanna be drug dealer or cop killer.
My music dosent make heros out of gangsters, portray police as pigs, degrade women or make the thug life something to aspire to.

Its Trayvon Martin who lives in Savannah and attends Myers Middle School.
OMG!
Look at that.
You got something right.
Yay!

His generalizations are not BS but dead on.

no, they are not" dead on"... you just happen to agree with them.

reading a book by it's cover has never been wise...as I , and many others who have been read that way, can attest to.

Back in my day, with my hair down past my shoulder blades, ratty jeans, and AC/DC playing in my Chevelle I was still not look at as a wanna be drug dealer or cop killer.
My music dosent make heros out of gangsters, portray police as pigs, degrade women or make the thug life something to aspire to.

long hair, ratty jeans, metal music in a muscle car....what does your "book cover" say about what character you possess?

my "book cover" says i'm a white trash outlaw biker.

book covers aren't worth spit....

no, they are not" dead on"... you just happen to agree with them.

reading a book by it's cover has never been wise...as I , and many others who have been read that way, can attest to.
Then please, give us a better over view of Trayvon. A person you never met. Whoes whole life has been investigated to the fullest and much of that investigation been printed and broadcast without any rebuttle by even his family.
So, tell us what a nice you man he was.

long hair, ratty jeans, metal music in a muscle car....what does your "book cover" say about what character you possess?

my "book cover" says i'm a white trash outlaw biker.

book covers aren't worth spit....
I was judged plenty by that cover in my day and am sure my heavily tattooed arms get me judged now.
But it takes only a few minutes to find out what I really am. People like Trayvon dont just look a certian way, its a life style.
I was never kicked out of school, suspected of robbery or burglary at 16/17 years old. I was never so much a problem that my parents had to ship me off for someone else to raise.

I was judged plenty by that cover in my day and am sure my heavily tattooed arms get me judged now.
But it takes only a few minutes to find out what I really am. People like Trayvon dont just look a certian way, its a life style.
I was never kicked out of school, suspected of robbery or burglary at 16/17 years old. I was never so much a problem that my parents had to ship me off for someone else to raise.

ahh, so it does take a little "reading of the book" to figure you out after all.... imagine that ;)

it may have been a "lifestyle" to trayvon.. or it may not have.... you don't know, and you'll never know.

put me in my dress blues, and you'll think I was a posterboard Marine.. catch me off duty, and you'd never know I was a Marine at all...you'd rightfully guess i was a biker
which persona was my "lifestyle"?

ahh, so it does take a little "reading of the book" to figure you out after all.... imagine that ;)

it may have been a "lifestyle" to trayvon.. or it may not have.... you don't know, and you'll never know.

put me in my dress blues, and you'll think I was a posterboard Marine.. catch me off duty, and you'd never know I was a Marine at all...you'd rightfully guess i was a biker
which persona was my "lifestyle"?
Well Trayvon gave Zimmerman no chance to show him anything different than a thug wanna be.
Even if Zimmerman was giving Trayvon a hard time, there was no provocation for punching Zimmerman.
Trayvon is dead because Trayvon went up against the wrong guy. Deal with it. And a jury trial said so.

And you left out being in possession of stolen property, and at 17 seeking a fire arm. I impeach his character and use these FACTs because many would think he should be adorned with our respect and honor. Many includes the loser in the white house who said it.

I never used or implied all. You want to play games you make yourself out the fool.

all police officers ,all veterans are heroes ?

so it means all black chidlren are drug user potential criminals

you like generalizations

Then please, give us a better over view of Trayvon. A person you never met. Whoes whole life has been investigated to the fullest and much of that investigation been printed and broadcast without any rebuttle by even his family.
So, tell us what a nice you man he was.
I won't/can't give you a "better view"... and that's the point here.

I don't know what kind of man he was, nor can I accurately guess.

you and me, we don't know the dude... neither of us can say what he was really all about.

the only thing i can say for sure is that his specif action ( the assault on Z) ultimately led to his death.... whether he was a thug or an altarboy is irrelevant.. his action is all that really matters.

that you don't feel i can't give an accurate description of the man character because i've never met him is entirely true.. but try to remember, you haven't met him either but here you are trying to tell us you know how he really was.

Well Trayvon gave Zimmerman no chance to show him anything different than a thug wanna be.
Even if Zimmerman was giving Trayvon a hard time, there was no provocation for punching Zimmerman.
Trayvon is dead because Trayvon went up against the wrong guy. Deal with it. And a jury trial said so.

deal with it?.. I applaud the verdict.. it was the correct verdict to reach.

that doesn't mean i need to adopt your opinion of Trayvon's character, though.... i'm perfectly fine knowing that I have no clue what his true character was... i don't need to impugn his character to believe his action was unjust and allowed Z to utilize deadly force to protect himself.

even if Trayvon was the most thuggish of the thugs in all of thugdom .. it doesn't make his actions more wrong, or zimmerman's actions more right...

Back
Top Bottom