• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If only Nunes had only done what the Constitution said he should have?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The House committees under Nunes should have done a complete and thorough investigation of all that happened with the Russian interference in our election and anything That the Trump administration had to do with it prior to and since the election. Instead he stymied the entire investigation and gave us the laughable conclusion that was probably written by the White House. If he had done what our Constitution called for, oversight of the Executive Branch by the House Committee he controlled, all of this might be over and we would have the answers to all of this that so many have been waiting for since the election. Now we will go through another round of investigations by the same House committee and at least 40% of the country will never believe the results, no matter what evidence is found. If anyone is to blame for the state the nation is in, it is not the Dems or the entire GOP, I feel a lot of tit is due to the choices made by Nunes.

The House committees under Nunes should have done a complete and thorough investigation of all that happened with the Russian interference in our election and anything That the Trump administration had to do with it prior to and since the election. Instead he stymied the entire investigation and gave us the laughable conclusion that was probably written by the White House. If he had done what our Constitution called for, oversight of the Executive Branch by the House Committee he controlled, all of this might be over and we would have the answers to all of this that so many have been waiting for since the election. Now we will go through another round of investigations by the same House committee and at least 40% of the country will never believe the results, no matter what evidence is found. If anyone is to blame for the state the nation is in, it is not the Dems or the entire GOP, I feel a lot of tit is due to the choices made by Nunes.

He was too busy hiding in the bushes.

I think what we're seeing is the beginning of what should have happened and didn't under the Republicans and they're going to pull out every dirty trick in their playbook to deflect attention, divert blame, distract and distort anything that the House investigations reveal in order to deflect attention from Trump and his family.

There's just no getting away from this. It was inevitable that there would be an intensive uptick in propaganda and allegations against any Democrat that Republicans could find with anything at all in their personal history even if they had to go back 35 years to find it. Case in point in my opinion are the abrupt allegations of the 3 in Virginia. All those allegations came out literally within days of each other. Anyone else find that just a little too coincidental? I'd be interested to find out exactly who made these allegations. The two charged with wearing a costume with blackface are events that happened 24 and 35 years ago respectively. The country had an entirely different political atmosphere then and ****, people all make choices that aren't smart when they're in high school or college. The sexual charged against Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax goes back to 2004. Does anyone see a parallel with Brett Kavanaugh's case? I sure do, and he's sitting on the Supreme Court today. Fairfax's accuser, Vanessa Tyson, still has another year before the statute of limitations runs out for her to file a criminal charge. She refuses to do that because a criminal charge would require conclusive proof which she does have just as Christine Blasey Ford didn't have although the statute of limitations had long run out for Blasey Ford.

I'm convinced that all three allegations have been brought forth suddenly just as the Trump investigations have commenced in order to deflect blame and attention to Democrats. Yes, it's dirty politics but we're going to see thing happening that are going to be much worse than this. We haven't seen the worst of the worst yet.

"The House committees under Nunes..."???

How many House committees was he in charge of?

Back
Top Bottom