• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Obama Had A City, It Would Look like Detroit

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Richard Butrick
July 20, 2013

Consider the following regarding the city of Detroit:

40% of its street lamps don't work.

210 of its 317 public parks have been closed.

It takes an hour for police to respond to a 911 call.

Only a third of its ambulances are drivable.

One-third of the city has been abandoned.

Forty-seven percent of adults are functionally illiterate

Read more:
Blog: If Obama Had A City, It Would Look like Detroit

Of course that how Obama would like to see the rest of America "Transformed"

Actually, Obama has a city. It's Washington D.C., for better or worse.

By Richard Butrick
July 20, 2013

Read more:

Do you honestly believe President Obama would like the rest of America transformed in this way?

Do you honestly believe President Obama would like the rest of America transformed in this way?

Well if you remember the words of Obama proclaiming the eve of the beginning of the "Fundamental Transformation of America". The state of the economy is now a shambles, our cities are incapable of sustaining the high costs of pensions imposed upon them by the unions. Schools show that even with massive injections of money are still unable to teach our young. If this were only found in the city of Detroit perhaps I might agree with you. The things I itemized are found in every state of this union. Can you counter with all those fundamental changes that have improved employment, the economy, foreign policy, and repressive government?
BTW what has Obama done to alleviate the racial unrest that he and his Progressive race baiting friends have put this country through?

Last edited:
By Richard Butrick
July 20, 2013

Read more:

do you summarize the theme of a holywood film *?

hehe

Actually, Obama has a city. It's Washington D.C., for better or worse.

Yes we know. Have you ever been through the city itself, seen the poverty and the places working people really live?

If 0bama had a city, it'd look like PyongYang.

By Richard Butrick
July 20, 2013

Read more:

The truth is right in their faces and yet they continue to deceive

An army of illiterates is exactly what the Democrats want. The US is being turned into a Banana Republic. That's what Hope and Change meant. That's why Obama and the Democrats want to legalize 30M illegals instantly so they can start voting Democrat while at the same convincing idiots like Rubio into being the face man for their schemes. That's what "fundamental transformation" meant. We've been desensitized to it because of the media brainwashing machine, but I hate it to break it to the Kool-Aid drinkers is that Obama never promised his "Change" would make the country better than it was before he entered office. You see it with the way Obama breaks the law all the time using the carnival barker Carney to spread the web of lies and deceit. They only enforce laws they agree with. What do you think the Zimmerman case is really about. You're distracted by blacks protesting in the streets while the Obama Administration blatantly tries to discredit our jury system. That's what The Left is attacking. Our system. We are supposed to be an enlightened society where the jury's ruling is respected. The MSM is trying to create their own truth. The doctored audio tapes. The constant fanning of racial flames. Trying to make this about race. Even lying about Zimmerman's race to try and push this Leftist fairy tale of white privilege.

Look at how the Hip Hop Community worships Obama because of his race. Look at how blacks cry and worship over Obama like he really is a god. They aren't faking it. In the absence of religion a vacuum must fill that place. Look at History. It's right there for you to see. Lenin, Hitler, Mao they were all Community Organizers. How did they get into power? The peasants. The illiterate. This Zimmerman case was sent to trial for the specific purpose of failing. Look at how the Obama Administration is using it as a weapon to cause disunity and chaos all over the country. This is a planned and coordinated political campaign for the never ending Obama Campaign. That's what these demagogues do. They never stop campaigning. We're always in crisis. They are causing the crisis but brainwashing everyone by using the media (propaganda) to make the country believe that person is the only "savior" who can fix the problem. It's textbook man. They use one crisis to the next to grab up more and more power. It's a gradual, slow process. We're frogs in the pan and they are turning up the heat. We don't notice the slow changes, we only adapt to them and accept them as our reality.

America needs to wake up

Well if you remember the words of Obama proclaiming the eve of the beginning of the "Fundamental Transformation of America". The state of the economy is now a shambles, our cities are incapable of sustaining the high costs of pensions imposed upon them by the unions. Schools show that even with massive injections of money are still unable to teach our young. If this were only found in the city of Detroit perhaps I might agree with you. The things I itemized are found in every state of this union. Can you counter with all those fundamental changes that have improved employment, the economy, foreign policy, and repressive government?
BTW what has Obama done to alleviate the racial unrest that he and his Progressive race baiting friends have put this country through?

In other words; EVERYTHING IS OBAMA'S FAULT!

And if Republicans had a city, it would be a small gated area with wealth and luxury and a giant slum next door, hidden by high walls.

And before Jan. 09 everything was all peaches and cream with a chicken in every pot.

Been almost 60 years ago I lived there. Can't say I've kept up. I do know that if you are willing to work there, you get paid the big bucks (in computer programming that is).

Yes we know. Have you ever been through the city itself, seen the poverty and the places working people really live?

Been almost 60 years ago I lived there. Can't say I've kept up. I do know that if you are willing to work there, you get paid the big bucks (in computer programming that is).

That's all well and good. We know that education has not been effective and less than 50% of the students graduate. Crime rampant in the streets. That is why one of the reasons Washington DC is a ghost town at night and people staying in the hotels are warned not to go walking in the streets after dark.

And before Jan. 09 everything was all peaches and cream with a chicken in every pot.

Of course it wasn't. The question remains, why didn't Obama do something about it when he said he would.

It doesn't matter what his intentions are, you can see the results of 50 years of sole Democrat rule and a model city for the War on Poverty in Detroit.

Of course it wasn't. The question remains, why didn't Obama do something about it when he said he would.
No, the question is why does the GOP keep obstructing everything he ties to do? No president can't get things done when the other parts of government keep obstructing him. The GOP spent 4 years trying to make him a one term president.

It doesn't matter what his intentions are, you can see the results of 50 years of sole Democrat rule and a model city for the War on Poverty in Detroit.
I believe they have election there.

No, the question is why does the GOP keep obstructing everything he ties to do? No president can't get things done when the other parts of government keep obstructing him. The GOP spent 4 years trying to make him a one term president.

and if the DNC loses the white house next election and keeps one half of congress, they will obstruct also that current president.

i had heard that Detroit has been ruled by democrats since 1961 .

Last edited:

Sorry for the delay, I had to put on my barn boots. The manure was getting a little high around my desk as it came out of my laptop when I clicked on your post. Your reasoning has nothing to do with the lack of assistance by Obama. Please come up with some facts where Obama or the "Democrats" made any proposals to assist Detroit?

Sorry for the delay, I had to put on my barn boots. The manure was getting a little high around my desk as it came out of my laptop when I clicked on your post. Your reasoning has nothing to do with the lack of assistance by Obama. Please come up with some facts where Obama or the "Democrats" made any proposals to assist Detroit?
It's sounds like you might be happy with all that manure around you. Are you willing for your tax money going toward helping Detroit?

That's all well and good. We know that education has not been effective and less than 50% of the students graduate. Crime rampant in the streets. That is why one of the reasons Washington DC is a ghost town at night and people staying in the hotels are warned not to go walking in the streets after dark.
Less than 50% graduation rate? The latest numbers for the 2009-10 year show a 78.2% on time graduation rate. High School Graduation Rate at Highest Level in Three Decades | ED.gov Blog

A discussion is useless if we're just making up "facts" to support our stance. Obama is not failing our kids, graduation rates are posed to reach the highest rate in US history. Oh, and if you think that they've "watered down" the education, I say you must not have seen modern homework. I've been helping my cousins with their homework in math and science, and they're doing stuff in 5th grade that I didn't do until 8th, or even 9th grade. I have every reason to think that they'll have a better education from High School than I got from my University. It's progress, simple as that; Obama has nothing to do with it, for better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom