• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Nancy is doing her job and Donald is doing his...

Middle_Ground

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Will the government ever open again?

My thought is Nancy and Chuck are doing exactly what 53 million Americans that voted in the midterms want them to do.

While Donald is doing what 62 million Americans that voted in 2016 wanted him to do.

How can this ever end without either sides feeling as if they got burnt?
I don't know the answer but what I do know is we need to pay the people that are working on our behalf and those that can not get jobs due to their government contract anything else is ridiculous.
What are your thoughts on this?

My thought is Nancy and Chuck are doing exactly what 53 million Americans that voted in the midterms want them to do.

While Donald is doing what 62 million Americans that voted in 2016 wanted him to do.

I don't know the answer but what I do know is we need to pay the people that are working on our behalf and those that can not get jobs due to their government contract anything else is ridiculous.

The problem is that Donald has had 2 years to do what the Americans who voted for him wanted him to do. They either squandered that time, or probably more accurately, simply pissed it away because they never intended to do it to begin with. The time has come for them to recognize that the public has spoken and given Nancy the power she has now, and get over themselves.

You are correct though.....we need to get people paid before this starts having long term affects on peoples lives.

If I were the Dems I'd counter-offer $5 bill for the wall and fund the other proposals Trump mentioned in return for permanent DACA relieve. I tend to think that or something like that is what Trump has in mind.

Donald isn't doing a thing, really. He's been b.s.ing in the White House since day one. Nancy and Chuck, on the other hand, aren't fooling around.

If I were the Dems I'd counter-offer $5 bill for the wall and fund the other proposals Trump mentioned in return for permanent DACA relieve. I tend to think that or something like that is what Trump has in mind.

Was already offered and Trump refused it. In fact it was a better offer than the 5 billion but he blew it as he's not a negotiator. He's a failed businessman that has gone bankrupt numerous times. He's a fraud. He didn't even write the art of the deal.

Two problems with giving Trump what he wants

1. He isn't reliable and changes his mind at the last second.

2. We will be right back here again in the future.

The only way the government is going to reopen is for McConnell to put a bill on the floor to vote on that was already passed previously and on it's way to being signed until Lardass and the Adams apple lady open their traps. At some point republicans in the senate have to become desperate enough to override a presidential veto.

Trump and Pelosi aren't budging.

Last edited:
Was already offered and Trump refused it. In fact it was a better offer than the 5 billion but he blew it as he's not a negotiator. He's a failed businessman that has gone bankrupt numerous times. He's a fraud. He didn't even write the art of the deal.

Exactly. Trump had $25 billion in hand in return for DACA. Now he's stuck with maybe offering up DACA for $5 billion.

The reality is that people who start off earning $200,000 a year when they're three years old and receive 10s, if not 100s of millions of dollars from the father in either payouts or rescue payments are by and large really ****ty negotiators.

We knew that in October, 2016.

Nothing has changed.

Was already offered and Trump refused it.
When?

Engima001 said:
In fact it was a better offer than the 5 billion but he blew it as he's not a negotiator. He's a failed businessman that has gone bankrupt numerous times. He's a fraud. He didn't even write the art of the deal.

Ok, I can't argument against idiotic Trumpophobia.

Trump has nothing in mind but to try to get the spotlight off his crimes

3 million more votes for the Dem in 2016. Pretty obvious.

Please tell me its not standard procedure to call the mans factually provable screwups Trumpophobia around here.
Not sure one Trumpophobe can see the errors another makes.

One hopes that English is not your first language, because this is not correct.
LOL, when all else fail trot out the person attacks, eh? You can't argue about that.

Trump has nothing in mind but to try to get the spotlight off his crimes

Exactly. That's what most of his theatrics are about these days.

Not sure one Trumpophobe can see the errors another makes.

What did he say that wasn't factual? There was no mistake.

For God's sake man.....he torpedoed his OWN party not that long ago. If that isn't unreliable, I'm not sure what is. The crazy part about it.....they gave him what he wanted before he drove the bus over them.

What did he say that wasn't factual? There was no mistake.

For God's sake man.....he torpedoed his OWN party not that long ago. If that isn't unreliable, I'm not sure what is. The crazy part about it.....they gave him what he wanted before he drove the bus over them.
LOL, you're an embarrassment to the bullseye clan. :lamo

LOL, you're an embarrassment to the bullseye clan. :lamo

I'll take your lack of comment as a tacit admission that you have nothing valuable to add.

What I said was factually accurate, and the above was your weak response. Talk about being an embarrassment....

The only way the government is going to reopen is for McConnell to put a bill on the floor to vote on that was already passed previously and on it's way to being signed until Lardass and the Adams apple lady open their traps. At some point republicans in the senate have to become desperate enough to override a presidential veto.

Trump and Pelosi aren't budging.

When do you think that will happen before or after some horrific event?

My thought is that all 62 million Trump voters aren't behind him on the shutdown.
The hardcore base is, but I think that's about it, if the numbers are any indication.
And in a few weeks, even some in the hardcore base are going to feel the sting big time.

The problem is that Donald has had 2 years to do what the Americans who voted for him wanted him to do. They either squandered that time, or probably more accurately, simply pissed it away because they never intended to do it to begin with. The time has come for them to recognize that the public has spoken and given Nancy the power she has now, and get over themselves.

You are correct though.....we need to get people paid before this starts having long term affects on peoples lives.

I agree they did have 2 years and there wasn't even a bill brought to the floor of either house until after the midterms.
But we've passed that point so what now?

One shutdown per month minimum if he wins this one.
The list of things he is willing to do a shutdown for is practically endless.

If that's what he was thinking why did he not say it in his big Saturday speech. Instead he offered some temporary bull****. Yo yoing people lives.

Please tell me its not standard procedure to call the mans factually provable screwups Trumpophobia around here.

It IS "standard procedure to call the mans factually provable screwups Trumpophobia around here."
Sorry.

I agree they did have 2 years and there wasn't even a bill brought to the floor of either house until after the midterms.
But we've passed that point so what now?

Simple....Donald now gets to accept that fact that the time for his "mandate", whatever that may have been, is over. He now needs to do something he has never been able to do, and that is actually negotiate. Fat chance of that actually happening, but its whats gonna have to happen. The new mandate was that they no longer get total control and don't get to call all the shots anymore. If they don't, its almost a guarantee it doesn't end well for the next group of Senators up for reelection.

Back
Top Bottom