• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"If my vagina was a gun...."

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
‘If my vagina was a gun’: Abortion rights supporter waxes poetic in Texas | Twitchy

The poem, by Katie Heim, was a hit with opponents of any abortion restrictions and has been reblogged extensively:
If my vagina was a gun, you would stand for its rights,
You would ride on buses and fight all the fights.
If my vagina was a gun, you would treat it with care,
You wouldn’t spill all its secrets because, well, why go there.
If my vagina was a gun, you’d say what it holds is private
From cold dead hands we could pry, you surely would riot.
If my vagina was a gun, its rights would all be protected,
no matter the body count or the children affected.
If my vagina was a gun, I could bypass security,
concealed carry laws would ensure I’d have impunity.
If my vagina was a gun, I wouldn’t have to beg you,
I could hunt this great land and do all the things men do.
But my vagina is not a gun, it is a mightier thing,
With a voice that rings true making lawmakers’ ears ring.
Vaginas are not delicate, they are muscular and magic,
So stop messing with mine, with legislation that’s tragic.
My vagina’s here to demand from the source,
Listen to the voices of thousands or feel their full force.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

She didn't think this through .....

Katie, if you're vagina was a gun, you would be advocating for their banning.

Maybe a pro-life individual should write a dumb poem titled "if a baby was a vagina..." to demonstrate how stupid this is.

But it ain't.

starkist-can.jpg

If vagina's were guns, Massengill would be manufacturing these....

deluxecleaningkit_17.jpg

War on vagina guns!

Vagina gun control!

I don't get the comparison and I hate poetry.

Even as a pro-choicer I'm willing to acknowledge that abortion simply is NOT a cut and dry issue. Some of us can see the logic in a pro-life argument that pins the rights of the "vagina" against the rights of the unborn, even if we lean towards the "vagina". Pro-choicers who think there is absolutely no justification for limiting abortion in any way irritate me as much as pro-lifers who call women murderers when they abort.

She didn't think this through .....

Katie, if you're vagina was a gun, you would be advocating for their banning.

[/INDENT]

1. You're point is brilliant.

2. I'd like to add to it that if it were a gun she would be trying to get rid of it at a government "buy-back" program.

Hahaha!

Loesch Stache @loesch_stache

#IfMyVaginaWasAGun I'd say "Say hello to mah little friend!"

On the plus side, if our vaginas were guns then male-on-female rape wouldn't exist.

On the plus side, if our vaginas were guns then male-on-female rape wouldn't exist.

And our babies would be bullet-sized? :2razz:

Gynecologist: "Okay, let's take a peek down here....whooooa! An AR-15! Nice!"

You must take a class, pass a test and pay a fee to take your vagina out in public.

In public, your vagina must remain covered at all times.

If you are caught with an unlicensed or unregistered vagina then you will lose your right to ever have a vagina again.

You cannot take your vagina into a school, sporting event or establishment that serves alcohol.

Enjoy your complete freedom to enjoy your vagina in your own home, but it must be kept in a safe when children are present.

Wife: "What do you want to do tonight, babe?"

Hubby: "Let's go to the shooting range!!!"

Wife: "Nah, I have a headache."

You must take a class, pass a test and pay a fee to take your vagina out in public.

In public, your vagina must remain covered at all times.

If you are caught with an unlicensed or unregistered vagina then you will lose your right to ever have a vagina again.

You cannot take your vagina into a school, sporting event or establishment that serves alcohol.

Enjoy your complete freedom to enjoy your vagina in your own home, but it must be kept in a safe when children are present.

Use of an infected vagina would result in a reckless endangerment and assault with a deadly weapons charge.

If you were a vagina,
And I was a gun,
We'd both go get loaded and have us some fun.
Your pink and sweet crevice,
My hardened blue steel,
You'd trip my trigger,
And my load I would spill.
You'd soon come to love me and learn very well,
It ain't the grain of my bullet but the caliber of my shell. :mrgreen:

You can sell your gun but you can't sell your vagina.

I'm sure I have a point but I don't know what it is. I just like vaginas I suppose.

Hello vagina, my old friend,
I've come to play with you again,
Because a penis softly creeping,
Left its seeds while you were sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.

The military would have

This is my vagina
this is my gun
one's for breeding
one is for fun

I don't get the comparison and I hate poetry.

Even as a pro-choicer I'm willing to acknowledge that abortion simply is NOT a cut and dry issue. Some of us can see the logic in a pro-life argument that pins the rights of the "vagina" against the rights of the unborn, even if we lean towards the "vagina". Pro-choicers who think there is absolutely no justification for limiting abortion in any way irritate me as much as pro-lifers who call women murderers when they abort.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner

Back
Top Bottom