• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

If Jesus were not crucified and resurrected ,would you still believe in Him ?

If Jesus were not crucified and resurrected ,would you still believe in Him ?

• Total voters

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Qoran claims he was neither crucified nor resurrected but muslims accept him as a holy prophet not matter what he is .the same thing is valid for all christians ?the Parables of Christ would not be worth believing if he was just a normal prophet ? the main teaching of christianity is really based on his resurrection ? if so why ? He was different than many other prophets and used to have a more spiritual way of life too.resurrection is needed ?

thanks for voting

The Birth, Death, Burial, and Resurrection of Christ is the center piece to Christianity.
Nothing else He technically mattered. The miracles that He performed and did was meant
as evidence to prove who he was.

The reason that His death and resurrection was so important is the atonement of sin.
Without that we are all still lost with 0 chance of salvation. There would be 0 atonement of sin.

Parables are earthly stories with a heavenly meaning. Christ was attempting to give people an
example of who the Father was and what heaven is like. That is why almost every parable started off
The Father is like or Heaven is Like.

The Birth, Death, Burial, and Resurrection of Christ is the center piece to Christianity.
Nothing else He technically mattered. The miracles that He performed and did was meant
as evidence to prove who he was.

The reason that His death and resurrection was so important is the atonement of sin.
Without that we are all still lost with 0 chance of salvation. There would be 0 atonement of sin.

Parables are earthly stories with a heavenly meaning. Christ was attempting to give people an
example of who the Father was and what heaven is like. That is why almost every parable started off
The Father is like or Heaven is Like.

Moses and Muhammed did not rise from dead ? they were fake ?God's message can not be passed without this ?

Moses and Muhammed did not rise from dead ? they were fake ?God's message can not be passed without this ?

no where did I say that they were fake. God's message is the atonement of sin through the death burial and resurrection of Christ.
just that neither moses or muhammed can save you.

no where did I say that they were fake. God's message is the atonement of sin through the death burial and resurrection of Christ.
just that neither moses or muhammed can save you.

nobody can save nobody

I am fine with Christ just being a man who ran around preaching things like love your neighbor, care for the poor and don't be greedy. I do find it interesting that so many people deny that part of his existance while clinging to his resurrection. It tells me all I need to know about them.

nobody can save nobody

then why are you posting in this forum?
this is the religious forum. you asked a question I gave you an answer.
I never understood people like you. you come into a religious setting as a religious question.
get the answer to your question then from some no stance position claim that it isn't.

if you didn't want to know the answer or where not interested in the answer then why post?
better yet why even ask the question?

and no Jesus Christ redeemed the world and provided a way to forgive sin.
PS people save other people all the time so you are wrong.

I responded (likely) 'no', based upon practical reasons:

Without his trial, conviction, death, and Resurrection, I likely wouldn't have known about him!

then why are you posting in this forum?
this is the religious forum. you asked a question I gave you an answer.
I never understood people like you. you come into a religious setting as a religious question.
get the answer to your question then from some no stance position claim that it isn't.

if you didn't want to know the answer or where not interested in the answer then why post?
better yet why even ask the question?

and no Jesus Christ redeemed the world and provided a way to forgive sin.
PS people save other people all the time so you are wrong.

as a believer I am asking questions in this forum.share your own and go on.a resurrected prophet is needed to be saved according to this logic and I just wonder why.this is the suitable forum to discuss it.many people comdemn muslims in this forum,judge them please

Qoran claims he was neither crucified nor resurrected but muslims accept him as a holy prophet not matter what he is .the same thing is valid for all christians ?the Parables of Christ would not be worth believing if he was just a normal prophet ? the main teaching of christianity is really based on his resurrection ? if so why ? He was different than many other prophets and used to have a more spiritual way of life too.resurrection is needed ?

thanks for voting

Jesus claimed to be the Son of God. If he was lying, then he was not a holy man. So no, he couldn't have just been an ordinary prophet.

thanks for voting

The Koran also claims Mary is part of the Trinity, so I don't believe the ramblings of Muhammed can really be taken seriously. Wasn't the Koran written over six centuries after Jesus? How reliable can it be?

The Koran also claims Mary is part of the Trinity, so I don't believe the ramblings of Muhammed can really be taken seriously. Wasn't the Koran written over six centuries after Jesus? How reliable can it be?

I am not discussing Qoran ,just mentioned it and No ,it does not approve the trinity,how did you come to this conclusion? anyway.

Jesus claimed to be the Son of God. If he was lying, then he was not a holy man. So no, he couldn't have just been an ordinary prophet.

if I am not wrong ,his followers who were raised to sainthood claimed this

I am not discussing Qoran ,just mentioned it and No ,it does not approve the trinity,how did you come to this conclusion? anyway.

I never said it "approved the Trinity". You are the one who brought up the Koran.

if I am not wrong ,his followers who were raised to sainthood claimed this

Yes, his immediate followers recounted for us, his claim to divinity.

Yes. I would still be a believer, if the death and resurrection was taken out. I am suprized King James left it in? He deleted over 33 books in common use at the time anyway. I feel the death and resurrection are not the main points of His message anyway.

The tale of the three day death & resurrection has actually been told several previous times in antiquity pertaining to other prophets / holy men and the like, anyway.

To me...and this is only my opinion, TO ME...the story of Jesus Christ is incredibly unique in one aspect, and had never been told before.

The story of Jesus was the first and only time in history where a deity said an individual was loved, had meaning, and was precious to the deity. That had never been done before.

Before, it was the deity saying if you do not please me, I will bring a bunch of hurt down upon your ass. So go kill all your goats, burn all your grain, and then I "might" let you live.

Early Christianity spread so quick and so fast because its message was one that YOU as an individual were loved by the deity. That was a mind blower back then.

The story of the resurrection, the miracles, and everything else had been heard before.

It was the fact that your ugly, smelly, dirty, flea bitten carcass had worth and was loved....and you did not have to scale a rock faced mountain with your toenails to earn that love.

SIDE NOTE: 16 posts and only 3 people answered the POLL. Hmmm.

Last edited:
Yes.

The tale of the three day death & resurrection has actually been told several previous times in antiquity pertaining to prophets and the like.

To me...and this is only my opinion, TO ME...the story of Jesus Christ is incredibly unique in one aspect, and had never been told before.

The story of Jesus was the first and only time in history where a deity said an individual was loved, had meaning, and was precious to the deity. That had never been done before.

Before, it was the deity saying if you do not please me, I will bring a bunch of hurt down upon your ass. So go kill all your goats, burn all your grain, and then I "might" let you live.

Early Christianity spread so quick and so fast because its message was one that YOU as an individual were loved by the deity. That was a mind blower back then.

The story of the resurrection, the miracles, and everything else had been heard before.

It was the fact that your ugly, smelly, dirty, flea bitten carcass had worth and was loved....and you did not have to scale a rock faced mountain with your toenails to earn that love.

SIDE NOTE: 16 posts and only 3 people answered the POLL. Hmmm.

I don't believe in Jesus as a god. So, I can't really answer the poll.

the Resurrection myth can be traced back to atleast ancient egypt, the god Osiris, who was crucified and came back to life three days later, this is symbolic of the winter solstice, which symbolizes the death of "the sun", its three days of standing still on the equinox, then rising back into the sky, and bringing new life for the next harvest. The word solctice comes from "sun standing still" then it "comes back to life" or starts to rise again, on the 3rd day.

the Resurrection myth can be traced back to atleast ancient egypt, the god Osiris, who was crucified and came back to life three days later, this is symbolic of the winter solstice, which symbolizes the death of "the sun", its three days of standing still on the equinox, then rising back into the sky, and bringing new life for the next harvest. The word solctice comes from "sun standing still" then it "comes back to life" or starts to rise again, on the 3rd day.

I know the whole story and historical backgrounds of the religions.however it does not mean the abrahamic books are totally fictional

I never said it "approved the Trinity". You are the one who brought up the Koran.

İf it does not approve it it should not mention either,no way is it claimed there is a trinity and mary is a part of it.on the contrary it is comdemned

Cause and effect. Spiritually, when we sin, there is a negative effect. It is something that cannot be erased on its own. It is like someone jumping off a cliff. The reality is it is done, you have fallen. In regards to sin, the effects may be fear, darkness, depression, regret, pain. In this mortal fallen mortal world our physical bodies, if we live long enough, will be in a state of decline, decay. Spiritually without some way of erasing the effects of sin, both small and large, our spirits would be in decline and decaying into darkness and misery. In the pre-mortal world we all existed as spirit sons or daughters of God. We are all one big family. God presented a Plan of Salvation, which each of us freely accepted or we wouldn't be on the earth today, where each of us in our second estate would come to this earth, receive a physical body, have our faith tested, and see if we'd choose good or evil and follow God. We would have a veil over our pre-mortal memories. Being born on this earth is a Fall. In it we all will sin once we reach the age of accountability, in one degree or another. But in order to grow spiritually, a fall is necessary. Joy cannot be known if you've never known misery. the same way sweet cannot be tasted and discerned without ever tasting bitter. That a Fall is necessary, and cause and effect must exist for existence, then you have a problem. How to erase the effects of the fall, and free the person from the chains of death, so that they can return to eternal life, a brighter star than ever before with infinite joy. What Heavenly Father presented in His Plan was a Savior. Someone would be needed to be strong and virtuous enough to live a perfect life so that justice would have no chains on them, and then perform an Atonement where that person would literally suffer the eternal consequences of every sin committed by the human family. He or She would feel all the pain, all the regret, all the depression, all the darkness that would have been the end result of all the human family's sins. It would be pain and suffering incomprehensible. It will take infinite mercy to pay the price of infinite justice. Only pure love could accomplish it, any other motive and no one could have had the ability to perform it. When Heavenly Father asked all of us who He should send, the first born of our family,our eldest brother, the great Jehovah, the pre-mortal Jesus, humbly volunteered to perform the Atonement. We all cheered for joy because we had great faith In Jehovah, the pre-mortal Jesus. Heavenly Father accepted this from His most beloved son.

Many Christians may believe the Atonement and the most pain was being nailed on the cross. But I think the bulk if not all of the Atonement was performed in the Garden of Gethsemane. In the space of what appeared to be a few hours to his apostles, Christ somehow suffered the eternal consequences of sin for all of humanity. Time is relative, and so what appeared to be a few hours, to Him it was in reality an eternity. It caused so much much pain and anguish that He bled from every pore. A mere mortal would have passed out and died immediately at the amount of pain involved to sweat one drop of blood, but there was no such relief given. Our mortal minds cannot comprehend completely the depths of the Atonement. That Christ successfully accomplished it, and gave His life, He has risen above all things and has infinite healing power.

The Atonement is the central theme of the entire Biblical religion. The Mormons have received additional revelation on Adam and Eve. The Pearl of Great Price shows that after Adam and Eve left the garden, God commanded them to routinely sacrifice a first born lamb without blemish as an offering. After they had did this they were shown why they were asked to perform these sacrifices. It is symbolic of when Christ would perform the Atonement so that the human family can return to God and live life abundantly. All of the Old Testament prophets knew the real symbolism. The Atonement of Christ is everything. Without it, there would be no resurrection, no life after death. We all would be doomed. That is why whether we know this truth or not in this life, every knee will gladly bow to Christ in the next life and know He is the Savior.

Last edited:
so Jesus in not just a prophet, He is the one all the true prophets prophesy and testify of.

İf it does not approve it it should not mention either,no way is it claimed there is a trinity and mary is a part of it.on the contrary it is comdemned

Of course Muslims do not believe in the Trinity, to do so is considered polytheism. But the Koran mentions that Christian belief holds that Mary is part of the Trinity. Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Back
Top Bottom