• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

If Jesus returned?

I gave you a link in post #60, you should read it. My mother-in-law is Indian, from India. She is the one who directed me to the link. Evidently Gandhi felt that the white race was the race and that the Indian people were decedents of that race. She said the west is totally misled about Gandhi. He only believed in pacifism towards the white race. I am sure there is some bias in her thinking…in that you are very capable of making up your own mind. Research it, google the truth about Gandhi.

Ineteresting link, but can you give me a direct quote or anything "direct" of him saying those things. If not than i just cant beilve you.

y not peace? said:
Ineteresting link, but can you give me a direct quote or anything "direct" of him saying those things. If not than i just cant beilve you.

Gandhi Quotes:

26 September 1896 “Ours is one continued struggle against degradation sought to be inflicted upon us by the European, who desire to degrade us to the level of the raw Kaffir, whose occupation is hunting and whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with, and then pass his life in indolence and nakedness."

March 18 1905: "Clause 200 makes provision for registration of persons belonging to uncivilized races, resident and employed within the Borough. One can understand the necessity of registration of Kaffirs who will not work, but why should registration be required for indentured Indians who have become free, and for their descendants about whom the general complaint is that they work too much?"

The Indian Opinion published an editorial on September 9 1905 under the heading, "The relative Value of the Natives and the Indians in Natal". In it, Gandhi referred to a speech made by Rev. Dube, an early African nationalist, who said that an African had the capacity for improvement, if only the Whites would give them the opportunity. In his response, Gandhi suggested that:

"A little judicious extra taxation would do no harm; in the majority of cases it compels the native to work for at least a few days a year." (4)

Then he added:

"Now let us turn our attention to another and entirely unrepresented community - the Indian. He is in striking contrast with the native. While the native has been of little benefit to the State, it owes its prosperity largely to the Indians. While native loafers abound on every side, that species of humanity is almost unknown among Indians here."

In a letter to the editor of the Times of London, published in 12 November 1906. Gandhi complained that under British rule, "Kaffir police" were "hustling" Indians in South Africa. Gandhi wrote:

"Poor people were, under the registration effected by Lord Milner's advice, dragged at four o'clock on a cold winter's morning -from their beds in Johannesburg, Heidelberg and Potchefstroom, and marched to the police station, or Asiatic Offices, as the case might be. It is they who under the Ordinance would be hustled by the Kaffir Police at every turn, and not the better-class Indians." (6)

Gandhi's opinion of a series of 1906 amendments to the 'Asiatic Law,' No. 3 of 1885, which placed certain restrictions upon Indians in British South Africa, are also insightful as to his true views on race. Writing in his Indian Opinion newspaper on 8 June 1907, Gandhi remarked that that the law "does not apply to Kaffirs and Cape Boys" (7) and went on to write that one of the main concerns he had with the act, which he called an "obnoxious law", was that a "Kaffir police constable" could detain an Indian. He wrote:

"At present, only the Permit Secretary is authorized to inspect a permit. Under the new Act, every Kaffir police constable can do so. Under the new Act, a Kaffir police constable can ask [an Asiatic] for particulars of name and identity, and, if not satisfied, can take him to the police station." (8)

By Arthur Kemp
http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=2419

A couple more Gandhi Quotes:

A general belief seems to prevail in the colony that the Indians are little better, if at all, than the savages or natives of Africa. Even the children are taught to believe in that manner, with the result that the Indian is being dragged down to the position of a raw Kaffir.

If the whole objection to the Indian proceeds from sanitary grounds, the following restrictions are entirely unintelligible:
1. The Indians, like the Kaffirs, cannot become owners of fixed property.
2. The Indians must be registered, the fee being 3 pounds 10S.
3. In passing through the Republic, like the Natives, they must be able to produce passes unless they have the registration ticket.
4. They cannot travel first or second-class on the railways. They are huddled together in the same compartment with the Natives.

And just so you understand, a Black African referred to as a Kaffir is very insulting.

y not peace? said:
care to explain how this is so?
i will answer. have you ever told a lie, even a little one? if you answered yes then you are not perfect, and if you answered no, then you are lying and therefore have sinned and are not perfect.
"for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"
"for there is none perfect, no not one." these quotes prove that we are imperfect,now the next logical question is what are the consequences of sin?

The U.S. would brand him as a communist and make life as miserable as possible for him.

Z.D. said:
The U.S. would brand him as a communist and make life as miserable as possible for him.
good luck with that. he is going to israel first, but that is only after the greatest earthquake that will ever occur in mankind's history, not to mention when the oceans are gone.

From the practical side if Jesus returned tomorrow I believe the first thing he would do is hire a dream team of lawyers to sue all the opportunists who have used his name and his image for their own finacial gain.

I think he would be really unhappy with most of us Christians because I don't think he envisioned the world the way Christians have made it.

I also doubt that he would convert to Christianity.

I hope he was a really good carpenter because he would still have to make a living.

If he formed another gang of 12 and started the same thing over again he would be labled a terrorist and executed then we would all be wearing little gold electric chairs arounf our necks.

If I had the oppotunity to warn him I'd tell him not to come back. Too many people are still too traumatized from his last visit. I would also tell him not to tell anyone he is the son of God. They lock people up in instituations for that today. Then I'd take him to a Chinese reaturant for lunch.

Lastly, if he had all the brains and sense people claim he had he would be too smart to come back here at all.

Inuyasha said:
From the practical side if Jesus returned tomorrow I believe the first thing he would do is hire a dream team of lawyers to sue all the opportunists who have used his name and his image for their own finacial gain.

I don't think he would sue anyone.

I think he would be really unhappy with most of us Christians because I don't think he envisioned the world the way Christians have made it.

I am in total agreement here.

I also doubt that he would convert to Christianity.

True

I hope he was a really good carpenter because he would still have to make a living.

....:rofl .

If he formed another gang of 12 and started the same thing over again he would be labled a terrorist and executed then we would all be wearing little gold electric chairs arounf our necks.

Indeed, Christians claim to love him, but they glorify the cross, the instrument on which Jesus was killed in the most dispicable way?

If I had the oppotunity to warn him I'd tell him not to come back. Too many people are still too traumatized from his last visit. I would also tell him not to tell anyone he is the son of God. They lock people up in instituations for that today. Then I'd take him to a Chinese reaturant for lunch.

Yes, if he would make a cameo apperance, he wouldn't be greeted with open-arms, I'll tell you that much.

Lastly, if he had all the brains and sense people claim he had he would be too smart to come back here at all.

Indeed, why the **** would he want to return to this primitive zoo?

kal-el said:
Indeed, Christians claim to love him, but they glorify the cross, the instrument on which Jesus was killed in the most dispicable way?
Jesus said "No one takes it (His life) from Me, because I lay it down of myself. I have the power to lay it down, and I have the power to take it again. This command I have recieved from My Father." (John 10:17-18)

Jesus embraced the cross for your sake and mine. However, the Scripture says that the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those who are being saved it is the power of God. This is one thing I know.

However, what I don't understand is why people spend so much time making silly comments about the cross and the second coming. If it is fiction to you, wouldn't you be tired of it by now? I suspect what it really boils down to is a political "us vs. them" attitude which over exposure to the media usually breeds. Am I wrong?

conan said:
Jesus said "No one takes it (His life) from Me, because I lay it down of myself. I have the power to lay it down, and I have the power to take it again. This command I have recieved from My Father." (John 10:17-18)

Jesus embraced the cross for your sake and mine. However, the Scripture says that the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those who are being saved it is the power of God. This is one thing I know.

However, what I don't understand is why people spend so much time making silly comments about the cross and the second coming. If it is fiction to you, wouldn't you be tired of it by now? I suspect what it really boils down to is a political "us vs. them" attitude which over exposure to the media usually breeds. Am I wrong?

Well, we can't get away from seeing it. It's directly centered on almost every place of worship, not to mention, I don't understand why people have it dangling from they're necks. If he was stabbed, they'd have aknife hanging from they're necks. IMO a piece of wood in the shape of a cross means nothing. A cross is not the christ.

This is assuming that the description of Jesus in the bible is accurate.

I don't deny that the man existed. But it seems far more accurate, that as a legitimate claiment to be king of Israel, that the Romans killed because he was a threat to the Roman occupation of Judea.

Jesus isn't coming to earth again. The Bible says that when He comes again it will be on the last day.

Guys, Im right here, chill out.

jesus is dead and god doesnt come to earth in the form of man.
if he was coming back dont youthink he woulda dont it in the 2000 years you fools have been waiting?

clone said:
jesus is dead ...

You could easily prove that by just leading us right to His gravesite ...

clone said:
... and god doesnt come to earth in the form of man.

Agreed.

clone said:
if he was coming back dont youthink he woulda dont it in the 2000 years you fools have been waiting?

Some people have thought that, but it seems we are just now nearing the seventh (Sabbath) millenium ... and I have heard that could be a significant factor here.

Lucidthots said:
The "Christians" would CRUCIFY him!

Probably lead by Robertson and Falwell.

If jesus returned I would be very comfortable....as I feel I have been a good person (not perfect), but good to thy neighbor and my kids.....I have made mistakes and repented as well....how about you?

alphieb said:
If jesus returned I would be very comfortable....as I feel I have been a good person (not perfect), but good to thy neighbor and my kids.....I have made mistakes and repented as well....how about you?

My impression of you is that you hate GOD, religion and anything and everything spiritual.

And my impression of you is that if Jesus came to your house you would spit in his face and call him an evil demon from hell.

alphieb said:

My impression of you is that you hate life and livingness.

You love death sorrow and pain.

You hate good and love evil all in the name of religion.

Back
Top Bottom