• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

If Jesus returned?

Lucidthots said:
The "Christians" would CRUCIFY him!

Agreed. But crucification, is way too barbaric nowadays, but I agree with you on the point. I'm sure if someone arrived claiming he was the Christ, the Christian fundamentalists would quickly mock and jail him. If he performed "miracles" to show himself the Christ, they would only claim him to be Satan.

Lucidthots said:
My impression of you is that you hate GOD, religion and anything and everything spiritual.

And my impression of you is that if Jesus came to your house you would spit in his face and call him an evil demon from hell.
WELL, GOD HAS BEEN KIND TO ME

alphieb said:
If jesus returned I would be very comfortable....as I feel I have been a good person (not perfect), but good to thy neighbor and my kids.....I have made mistakes and repented as well....how about you?
for by grace are ye saved through faith, it is a gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast.

you imply that works are all that is required to get into heaven by Jesus's book. but He said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father, but by Me."

dthmstr254 said:
it seems that you have little knowledge of the book of Revelation. when Jesus returns, He will come to judge.

Judge who? If indeed he does return, he better be one hell of a carpenter, because even he needs to make a living!:lol:

kal-el said:
Judge who? If indeed he does return, he better be one hell of a carpenter, because even he needs to make a living!:lol:
well, here is the context of His coming and His first actions on this earth:
Revelation 16
1And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

2And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

3And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

4And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.

5And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.

6For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

7And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.

8And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

9And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

10And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,

11And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

12And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

13And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

17And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

18And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

19And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

20And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

21And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Revelation 19:11-21
11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.
for some reason, I don't think that men will have much say over what Jesus does when He returns.

dthmstr254 said:
for some reason, I don't think that men will have much say over what Jesus does when He returns.

Yes, that's if and only if we recognize him when he returns.

kal-el said:
Yes, that's if and only if we recognize him when he returns.
hey, who won't recognize that an army is coming from the sky on horses with Jesus at their front??? I think the only people who will have trouble recognizing that will be the people who are blind and deaf and dumb.

dthmstr254 said:
hey, who won't recognize that an army is coming from the sky on horses with Jesus at their front??? I think the only people who will have trouble recognizing that will be the people who are blind and deaf and dumb.

You are throwing to much trust in a book again. You need to open your eyes and live, instead of burying your head in an out-dated book.

dthmstr254 said:
....an army is coming from the sky on horses with Jesus at their front??? I think the only people who will have trouble recognizing that will be the people who are blind and deaf and dumb.

Why does Jesus need an army? (rhetorical question, please do not insult me with an answer.)

Maybe Jesus could enlist The Salvation Army. They already do good things for people and they have neat red uniforms so we would recognize them if we were walking down the street. So instead of selling crappy furniture to po folk, they could be Jesus' muscle.

You know, go around and bust a few heathens heads and sell "insurance policies" to the local store owners.

Last edited:
kal-el said:
What would happen if Jesus and "God" returned? I believe that if the powers in control knew Jesus was returning, that they would do everything in their power to prevent it. Think about it:

1) Churches would be out of business, preachers would lose power and prestige

2)The military would have nothing to protect and their reason for existance; war, would dissolve

3)Government and politics would come to a drastic halt

4)Banks would be holding worthless assets

5)Monetary wealth would end. The rich would face the fact of being equal to the poor

Jesus went into the sky after reurrection, and the bible very clearly states that this is the way he will return.

Let me put it this way, if Christ is returning soon, the welcome mat is not out.

I agree with you 100%. I think the "rapture", should it happen (I'm not holding my breath), will be quite a surprise for the folks who claim to be generouse and rightous. It's like what the Dead Kennedy's said about Nazi punks, "In the real fourth Reich, you'll be the first to go!". I'm not sure if you are familiar with punk rock of old but I thought I'd throw it in.

"Happiness is wearing pink pajamas and blowing kisses to the Bungwhang's gold Rolls Royces'"

Saboteur said:
I agree with you 100%. I think the "rapture", should it happen (I'm not holding my breath), will be quite a surprise for the folks who claim to be generouse and rightous.

Yep. It might not happen at all. It says Christ will return in the bible, but the bible is just written hearsay. It cannot be taken as a factual document to say the least. But, there's a possibility it is true, and I think those in power would do everything they could to stop it. I think they would try to convince the world that he is the "antichrist". And that person will try and convice the world that he is indeed god in the flesh, and attempt to gain the support of the world's religious leaders, i.e. the Pope.

It's like what the Dead Kennedy's said about Nazi punks, "In the real fourth Reich, you'll be the first to go!". I'm not sure if you are familiar with punk rock of old but I thought I'd throw it in.

Actually, I'm not familiar at all with that, sorry.

kal-el said:
Actually, I'm not familiar at all with that, sorry.

Hey it's alright. Have you ever read The Story of B by Daniel Quinn?

I think you might enjoy it, unless you don't like anything of a spiritual nature. And if you don't that's okay.

I've often thought about the return of Jesus. And I just can't get a feeling about it one way or another.

I'm sure if it happened it would be Jesus vs the ancient Roman Empire again. Or at least the American version of it.

Saboteur said:
Hey it's alright. Have you ever read The Story of B by Daniel Quinn?

Nope.

I think you might enjoy it, unless you don't like anything of a spiritual nature. And if you don't that's okay.

I'm not really into spiritual things, but I can stand them.

I've often thought about the return of Jesus. And I just can't get a feeling about it one way or another.

I'm sure if it happened it would be Jesus vs the ancient Roman Empire again. Or at least the American version of it.

How do you think the powers that be would take to such an individual? I figure they'd probably smear him via tv ads, and then, if he becomes too much of a nuisance, jail him. If someone were to preach and be followed in numbers, attemtping to revolutionize the way we live, and let's say preach in front of the White House, cause I doubt Jesus would condone this war, surely George Bush will have him flogged.:2razz:

kal-el said:
How do you think the powers that be would take to such an individual? I figure they'd probably smear him via tv ads, and then, if he becomes too much of a nuisance, jail him. If someone were to preach and be followed in numbers, attemtping to revolutionize the way we live, and let's say preach in front of the White House, cause I doubt Jesus would condone this war, surely George Bush will have him flogged.:2razz:

I think they'd send the ATF and Homeland Security forces after him claiming that he is a terrorist.

He would probably submit to them and they'd take him to 'Gitmo where he would convert the musslems and then there would be an uprising. Jesus would be killed and then rise again.

After that everybody would believe and maybe then the T.V. would come into play. But it would be hard because he would probably call all the evangilists charlitans.

Back
Top Bottom