• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

If Jesus returned?

Kelzie said:
But when God does judge him, it's not going to go well, since he wasn't a follower of Christ, right?
Gandhi actually kinda *was* a follower of Christ.. People think that he was *non-violent* just b/c he was a Hindu, a view is *somewhat* (although not wholly) incorrect.. In reality, the one book (more than anything else) that caused Gandhi to assume his non-violent leadership role was "The Kingdom of God is Within You" by Leo Tolstoy.. It's Tolstoy's epic examination of the topic of Christian non-violence, focusing especially on the topic of Quaker non-violence.

Gandhi read that book, was moved to his soul, and the rest is history.

This part of Christianity bugs me, that they would condemn a good person to hell because they believed in a different God.
Christians who believe that others will be condemned to *hell* just for believing in a different pagan god than the one they happen to be believe in are wholly in error. Like the Master Himself teaches, "judge not, lest ye be judged".. Christians who judge in this manner will themselves be likewise judged by God Himself (and most likely, not in a positive manner) when the Day comes..

ThePhoenix said:
I ask this, Would you except someone who does not believe in you?
This is just as Allah, would not except one who does not believe in him. To Allah and his followers, I am an infidel and not worthy of him. Same belief, different God.
Actually it's a different belief but the same God.

If you start falling into the dialectic of "my (pagan) god is better than your (pagan) god", then you are (by definition) a pagan. About 99.8% of today's so-called "Christians" fall into this category... They idolize their "Jesus" as if he were some pagan idol, and they are convinced (heart and soul) that their pagan idol is superior to any other pagan idol .. This is, in short, paganism.

The true monotheist sees and understands that the whole of Creation is under the control of One God.. This One God has moreover seen fit to permit the evolution of hundreds of various religions, sects and creeds.. Far be it from the true Monotheist to question the widsom of God in this manner by condemning and pre-judging that which was created by God, but which he himself does not understand..

ThePhoenix said:
My view is that God is the God of Jesus, and he created all. He gives man and woman a choice of who to follow, it is all on faith. A person can be a good person in heart and action, but if you do worship him and believe that Christ died for our sin, and he is not his son, then he can not except this person. Like I have stated, this is my view.

What about Buddhists? They don't buy into the whole"God" thing. Or secularists, or athiests, or agnostics? These people could be the kindest, gentelist, people on Earth, who knows? But I guess they are going to a burning abyss for all of eternity?

psholtz said:
I believe Allah not to be the same God and this is why. Arabia was a pagan nation that worshipped over 300 gods. One of those was the moon god named, al-ilah. Legend has it that the moon god mated with the sun god and had two daughters, both of whom were worshipped as goddesses.

When Muhammad was said to have had his ‘vision’ and ‘revelation’ from Gabri he chose al-ilah as the god to build his army around. Muhammad shortened the name, al-ilah, to Allah, and declared that he alone should be worshipped. He forbid the worship of the daughters.

To this day, a crescent moon can be found at the front of every mosque, acknowledging that Allah was, and is the moon god.

Ghandi had problems with what followers of christ have done throughout history. He belived in God, and as what i see he followed christ (he gave up his possessions, he promoted peace, and as far as i can see he was a complete pacifist (like christ).

y not peace? said:
Ghandi had problems with what followers of christ have done throughout history. He belived in God, and as what i see he followed christ (he gave up his possessions, he promoted peace, and as far as i can see he was a complete pacifist (like christ).

Only God knows the heart of man and I feel all people are given the opportunity to know the truth. God I believe can come to any man who believes in his existence even in death and reveal the truth whether it be my belief or others and it is then up to us to except him or not.

Kelzie said:
How can you claim that your God is just if he condemns someone like Gandhi, who did so much good in the world, to an eternity of pain and suffering? Seems like a major case of the punishment not fitting the crime to me.
if you read up on Gandhi's beliefs you would notice that he has straightway refuted the Christian beliefs. just because he was good was not good enough to get him in heaven, because there is no such thing as a works based salvation.the following will demonstrate how my beliefs work for salvation.
for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God Romans 3:23
so all have sinned, what does that mean for me?
for the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
so there is a gift, how did God give it to me?
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
how do i accept this gift.
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9
how do i know i am saved?
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1
Because of Jesus' death on our behalf, we will never be condemned for our sins. I have full assurance of my future in the afterlife, i will be in heaven if i die or the rapture comes.

ThePhoenix said:
I do not preach to anyone, I only tell ... how I believe.

But when no one has asked, that "telling" is actually preaching ... ;)

ThePhoenix said:
I believe Allah not to be the same God ...

Then please explain this:

---
"And put thy trust in Him Who lives and dies not;
and celebrate his praise;
and enough is He to be acquainted with the faults of His servants;-
He Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is between, in six days,
and is firmly established on the Throne (of Authority):
Allah Most Gracious:
ask thou, then, about Him of any acquainted (with such things)." (Qur'an)
---

Do you know why Christians celebrate an alleged messiah's birth on Tammuz's birthday?

Point: Every religion has everything thoroughly screwed up.

PS: Do you know the pagan/occult significance of "The Phoenix"?

y not peace? said:

Gandhi described blacks in India as untouchables, just above animals. He has his own sins, he’ll face God when the times comes. If Gandhi never accepted Christ has his savior, he’ll face hell. He was far from Christ like.
For more about Gandhi:http://www.sikhsundesh.net/gandhi.htm

leejosepho said:
But when no one has asked, that "telling" is actually preaching ... ;)
Leejosepho, if you read below, at the beginning of the post and according to the title along with other conversations I had with others,..I was asked.
What would happen if Jesus and "God" returned?

leejosepho said:
Then please explain this:

---
"And put thy trust in Him Who lives and dies not;
and celebrate his praise;
and enough is He to be acquainted with the faults of His servants;-
He Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is between, in six days,
and is firmly established on the Throne (of Authority):
Allah Most Gracious:
ask thou, then, about Him of any acquainted (with such things)." (Qur'an)
Muhammad created Allah around the belief of the Torah

---

Do you know why Christians celebrate an alleged messiah's birth on Tammuz's birthday?
Christmas is not a Bible doctrine. If Jesus had wanted us to celebrate His birthday, He would have told us when to celebrate it and how to celebrate it. In it`s stead, I celebrate the resurection of Christ. I can not speak for others.

Point: Every religion has everything thoroughly screwed up.
Yes.

PS: Do you know the pagan/occult significance of "The Phoenix"?
Yes, I do, however, I prefer to see it as I do....

Phoenix Rising Myth

To understand the goals and spirit of Phoenix Rising, you must first understand the symbol of The Phoenix and what it has represented for centuries. The Phoenix is the symbol of hope and rebirth. Often alluded to as the Bird of Paradise, this mythical bird was the only one of it's kind. And because of this, God vowed that as long as The Phoenix lives, there is hope for mankind.

When man fell from grace in the Garden of Eden, man's disobedience and lack of gratitude to the Almighty enraged...more

Last edited:
ThePhoenix said:
I believe Allah not to be the same God and this is why. Arabia was a pagan nation that worshipped over 300 gods. One of those was the moon god named, al-ilah. Legend has it that the moon god mated with the sun god and had two daughters, both of whom were worshipped as goddesses.

When Muhammad was said to have had his ‘vision’ and ‘revelation’ from Gabri he chose al-ilah as the god to build his army around. Muhammad shortened the name, al-ilah, to Allah, and declared that he alone should be worshipped. He forbid the worship of the daughters.

To this day, a crescent moon can be found at the front of every mosque, acknowledging that Allah was, and is the moon god.
Wow, that's very interesting!

Yes, all the *gods* of the all the various world religions probably evolved in different ways, but .. at the same time, I believe there is *one* God who does rule Creation, although I do not ascribe to this God the name "Jesus" anymore than I do the name "Allah" or any other name (rather, I believe the *true* God has no name, being - as He is - uncreated and therefore unnamable)..

But I disgress.. :2razz:

ThePhoenix said:
If Jesus had wanted us to celebrate His birthday, He would have told us when to celebrate it and how to celebrate it ...

Are you familiar with the upcoming "Feast of Booths" or "Tabernacles"? The Messiah was likely born in one, you know, as there was no room at the inn.

leejosepho said:
Are you familiar with the upcoming "Feast of Booths" or "Tabernacles"? The Messiah was likely born in one, you know, as there was no room at the inn.
Please, expand more on this? I am not sure where you are going with this.

God has no name, being - as He is - uncreated and therefore unnamable)..
God spoke to moses and said: I am that I am. His name is I Am.
Ex 3.14
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Last edited:
psholtz said:

If that's the case, "God" must be a bloodthirsty tyrant. The extremeists that hijacked those planes did so for this "God". They thought they were doing a noble thing, and they thought it was seen as desirable in "God's" eyes. I guess this "God" condones the use of torture? I guess he likes the thousands of US coffins coming home?

Originally posted by Viper
Gandhi described blacks in India as untouchables, just above animals. He has his own sins, he’ll face God when the times comes. If Gandhi never accepted Christ has his savior, he’ll face hell. He was far from Christ like.

That's just an opinion, my good friend. I'll give you another one- IMO, the 2 greatest examples of non-violence in history were Jesus and Ghandi. Ghandi stood up to the most powerful army in the world, then, and said, "You can kill us, but we will not lift our little fingers, we will not retaliate."

Viper are u serious. Give me some evidence of Gandhi's racistness.

Also Gahndi was i believe to be the second most peaceful man earth has known. First being Jesus. Ganhdi defeated one of the most powerful armies in the world by using lets see here..........p e a c e.

He gave up all his possesions, fasted for important issues, and led his country to freedom. How can you hate on him. How in hell can you do that.

y not peace? said:

Also Gahndi was i believe to be the second most peaceful man earth has known. First being Jesus. Ganhdi defeated one of the most powerful armies in the world by using lets see here..........p e a c e.

He gave up all his possesions, fasted for important issues, and led his country to freedom. How can you hate on him. How in hell can you do that.

According to my ethics prof., he was extremely abusive to his wife. Did a lot of good stuff, but nobody's perfect.

y not peace? said:

I gave you a link in post #60, you should read it. My mother-in-law is Indian, from India. She is the one who directed me to the link. Evidently Gandhi felt that the white race was the race and that the Indian people were decedents of that race. She said the west is totally misled about Gandhi. He only believed in pacifism towards the white race. I am sure there is some bias in her thinking…in that you are very capable of making up your own mind. Research it, google the truth about Gandhi.

Kelzie said:
According to my ethics prof., he was extremely abusive to his wife. Did a lot of good stuff, but nobody's perfect.

Jesus was...:mrgreen:

ThePhoenix said:
Please, expand more on [the Feast of Booths or Tabernacles]? I am not sure where you are going with this.

After you had said something about Christmas not being a "biblical doctrine", I believe, I opportunistically said/asked what I did to see if you might be interested in hearing a little and/or doing some personal research concerning The Messiah and "The Feasts" ... such as Passover, Trumpets, Pentecost, Tabernacles, First Fruits and the other two I cannot recall by name at the moment. However, I must tell you there is far more about all of this that I do *not* know than what I actually do.

I will try to send you a PM ...

kal-el said:
What would happen if Jesus and "God" returned? I believe that if the powers in control knew Jesus was returning, that they would do everything in their power to prevent it. Think about it:

1) Churches would be out of business, preachers would lose power and prestige

2)The military would have nothing to protect and their reason for existance; war, would dissolve

3)Government and politics would come to a drastic halt

4)Banks would be holding worthless assets

5)Monetary wealth would end. The rich would face the fact of being equal to the poor

Jesus went into the sky after reurrection, and the bible very clearly states that this is the way he will return.

Let me put it this way, if Christ is returning soon, the welcome mat is not out.

The world will almost collapse. That is when the anti-christ shall come. He/she shall make peace with the Middle east and with Isreal. The world will become one country. We all shall go under one currency. Plauges will fill the Earth and to buy or sell anything you will have to have the mark of the beast (anti-christ) If you take it you will go to hell when Jesus comes back 7 years later. I think I got the jist of it. If any of this happens. Jesus is real and follow him and not the anti-christ immitator!

Wow! Where to start?

Response to #16, I wouldn't want to be "left behind" to inherit the earth. Satan will run the earth, not Jesus. The Left Behind series is extremely misleading to Christians on the whole. The idea of the Rapture is not a biblical doctrine, however, as with all scripture, there are those that can be used to substantiate an actual "taking up" of Christians.

Regarding the Celebration of Jesus Birth: predominate religions of the times take over pagan holidays to remove the over all power from that particular pagan god. Many have tried to determine the exact date of Jesus's birth and as far as I am aware they have not been able to do so. IMO I'm glad someone decided to celebrate on December 25th. Gives some pretty colors to the basic white of the winter season.:lol:

Response to #57 Very well said!!

Keeper of the Phoenix said:
Wow! Where to start?

Response to #16, I wouldn't want to be "left behind" to inherit the earth. Satan will run the earth, not Jesus. The Left Behind series is extremely misleading to Christians on the whole. The idea of the Rapture is not a biblical doctrine, however, as with all scripture, there are those that can be used to substantiate an actual "taking up" of Christians.

Regarding the Celebration of Jesus Birth: predominate religions of the times take over pagan holidays to remove the over all power from that particular pagan god. Many have tried to determine the exact date of Jesus's birth and as far as I am aware they have not been able to do so. IMO I'm glad someone decided to celebrate on December 25th. Gives some pretty colors to the basic white of the winter season.:lol:

Response to #57 Very well said!!

Not anymore. Me and Red made a little deal, and the Earth's going to be mine. :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom