• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If january the sixth had been successful, what do you suppose the government would have functioned like after they tossed all the dems?

So trump's goons attack the capitol, stop the vote count, declare victory and kick every democrat out of office and install nothing but republicans in their places.

How do you suppose the rest of america would react? Do you think the military would take orders from them?

Government would have become very oppressive.

It never ceases to amaze me how fragile our democracy appears to the left.

Apparently, all it takes to bring down the United States of America is 700 rioters.

Have you informed the Chinese?
Yeah, this coup attempt has been shown to be inept from the top. Not a lot of brainpower on the Trump right.

It's not built in steel, either.

The rioters had nothing to do with the Trump/Eastman/Navarro scheme. The riot was a fumble. I don't really think Trump expected to breach the capitol, only to make a lot of noise.
Not sure how you can suggest the rioters had nothing to do with the Eastman plan.
Step 1 of that plan was having Pence not certify the electoral votes.
A multitude, if not all of the rioters knew this.
The hang Mike Pence chants, the mock gallows, the text from Trump to the rioters about Pence doing his duty, were not random.

That the rioters were not going to be able to thwart the certification of the electoral vote by going after Mike Pence, or the fact that their efforts may have actually worked against pulling off the Eastman plan does not mean they had nothing to do with it. Some of them were very much attempting to help that plan work.

but it is true! the ridiculous statemet as you called it, it's true
I'll put this as politely as possible: you have no idea what you're talking about. "Nobody" means "not one person" and clearly there were a lot of people who cared about the 3 week event in Seattle. Trump certainly did, as he threatened to send in the feds to "resolve" the situation. Are you saying that Trump was, "nobody?" Get real.

I live in Seattle and CHAZ was way overblown by the national media and by the GOP. I visited the CHOP when it was still called that. Lots of people here cared about it, but didn't get their knickers in a twist over it. We all knew that it would blow over once tempers calmed - and it did. Sadly, there were injuries and the whole thing was handled poorly by the police and the mayor's office.

I'll put this as politely as possible: you have no idea what you're talking about. "Nobody" means "not one person" and clearly there were a lot of people who cared about the 3 week event in Seattle. Trump certainly did, as he threatened to send in the feds to "resolve" the situation. Are you saying that Trump was, "nobody?" Get real.

I live in Seattle and CHAZ was way overblown by the national media and by the GOP. I visited the CHOP when it was still called that. Lots of people here cared about it, but didn't get their knickers in a twist over it. We all knew that it would blow over once tempers calmed - and it did. Sadly, there were injuries and the whole thing was handled poorly by the police and the mayor's office.
blame the cops, I see where your views lie, there was a killing there, police station burned and yet you do not blame the rioters and yes TRUMP is a NOBODY

Holy jumpin' jesus. Those folks inside the capitol that day had every intention of overthrowing the government if they were able, because they failed doesn't make it any less true and if you don't think that's possible in america, you must see their actions as no big thing.

This appears to be the sort of “logic” you are using

1) John Hinckley thought killing Ronald Reagan would get Jodie Foster to have sex with him
2) John Hinckley almost killed Ronald Reagan
3) Therefore, John Hinckley almost had sex with Jodie Foster

Do you see the logical flaw there?

they thought the election was being stolen and were protesting it.
It was more than protest. It seems that to the extent there was any plan, they wanted to prevent Congress from certifying the election. Had they been successful, I believe that would have stimulated massive protests that could have turned violent. But I believe theirs was an impossible dream. They were hoping for something like Mussolini’s successful march on Rome which brought him to power. But it more likely would have turned into Hitler’s failed “Beer Hall Putsch,” which it resembled greatly.

Not sure how you can suggest the rioters had nothing to do with the Eastman plan.
Step 1 of that plan was having Pence not certify the electoral votes.
A multitude, if not all of the rioters knew this.
The hang Mike Pence chants, the mock gallows, the text from Trump to the rioters about Pence doing his duty, were not random.

That the rioters were not going to be able to thwart the certification of the electoral vote by going after Mike Pence, or the fact that their efforts may have actually worked against pulling off the Eastman plan does not mean they had nothing to do with it. Some of them were very much attempting to help that plan work.

In another forum, I suggested the attack and breach might have been preplanned, we did see Stone with the Proud Boys.

That being the case, I don't think they foresaw how some at the Joint Session changed their mind --after the attack and they resumed -- and didn't contest the vote, like they planned.

The Oath keepers and Proud boys might have known all about the Eastman plan/Greenbay Sweep, but most of the crowds were just pawns.

I believe they were trying to decertify enough votes so Trump could “win”. How were they going to get rid of all the Democrats?

If they had succeeded it would have been challenged in court and the Electoral Count Act , or at least part of it, would have been ruled as violating the 12th amendment and therefore unconstitutional. Biden won the election and that would have been the end result.

What doesn't make sense to me is that John Eastman, the guy who drafted the Eastman Memo, which outlines a fantastical plot to force a contested election, requiring Pence to remand contested votes back to the states with the hope of delaying the certification process with the scheme that....

1 States would decertify and replace with Trump's 'alternate electors' (no way, José) and Trump would win, or, if that doesn't work, then
2. Delay the certification process (due to all the ensuing litigation/chaos over the remanded votes) past the deadline triggering a house vote in which Republicans have a two state majority, thus Trump would remain in power,

So, how in holy hell does this guy draft this memo, in clear violation of the ECA, in clear violation of any sane idea of what Democracy is supposed to be, because he was Dean of the Chapman University of Law, and a professor there you'd think he wasn't that stupid.

In another forum, I suggested the attack and breach might have been preplanned, we did see Stone with the Proud Boys.
you are free to suggest that.
However, in the recent trials, the government has not presented evidence this was so.

This appears to be the sort of “logic” you are using

1) John Hinckley thought killing Ronald Reagan would get Jodie Foster to have sex with him
2) John Hinckley almost killed Ronald Reagan
3) Therefore, John Hinckley almost had sex with Jodie Foster

Do you see the logical flaw there?
Yes. This is about the 1/6 folks, not hinkley, not foster. Anything else?

Trump lovers and Republican Conservatives in  general are the most anti-Democratic group that I have ever seen.

blame the cops, I see where your views lie, there was a killing there, police station burned and yet you do not blame the rioters and yes TRUMP is a NOBODY
Since I said none of that, my post must have been unclear for you to reach such conclusions. Here are my views"

1. CHOP/CHAZ was overblown by the national media, by Trump, by the GOP/MAGAsphere for political purposes.
2. There were good and bad actors in the CHOP/CHAZ group; but it was extremely decentralized with no clear leadership. The idea was a peaceful protest but the lack of police presence became a problem as it allowed a few lawless elements (anarchists/criminals) to take advantage of the situaton.
3. There were no problems that I am aware of with individual police. There were problems with how the department and the mayor's office handled the situation. And it a a situation compounded by years of behavior by law enforcement that made residents feel unsafe because of a police presence.

Police violence in Seattle has been a problem for a long time. Here's one example:

4. I appreciate that the authorities decided not to respond immediately with a cracking heads crackdown. Instead, they waited for emotions to calm somewhat and reasserted authority 3 weeks later. But the aforementioned violent culture of the police fostered resentment and suspicion in the community. If the people don't trust you then it's hard to do your job as law enforcement.

5. Seattle is a poster child for "defunding the police", meaning putting money back into social services that deal with social problems - addiction, homelessness, mental health - that the police were unreasonably forced to deal with but never trained for. Many notable deaths at the hands of the police around here have occurred during interactions between law enforcement and people with these problems.

I don't "take sides" in this issue. I want sensible policies that deescalate situations, make people in need and make everyone safer, including law enforcement.

you are free to suggest that.
However, in the recent trials, the government has not presented evidence this was so.

Well, we don't know, let's see what Special Counsel comes up with.

Second, I'll gladly wager ten bucks, to be donated to DP, of course.
If GOP doesn't make Lindell the RNC chair, I'll pay up.
Results are in. ;)
2F4D82F2-A352-4436-B022-F7602AF91CD3.jpeg
“Eighty-four votes were needed to win a majority of the 167 votes cast in the contest. McDaniel received 111, while Dhillon received 51 and Lindell got four.”

Results are in. ;)
View attachment 67434435
“Eighty-four votes were needed to win a majority of the 167 votes cast in the contest. McDaniel received 111, while Dhillon received 51 and Lindell got four.”

I was hoping for Lindell. :cry:

Results are in. ;)
View attachment 67434435
Want to me to forward the ten bucks to you or donate to DP?
I pay my bets if I lose!
I really did believe Lindell was going to get it at the time, I swear.

It's a protest, not a real attempt to take over the country.
That's a lie. It was a real attempt to take over the country.

It's not about the views of the rioters. They could vary from it being a big riot party to enjoy, to trying to 'stop the steal' of the election, it doesn't really matter.

What matters is the view of the powerful people, most of all traitor trump, who planned it as a scheme to steal the election.

That plan was very much to 'take over the country', by exploiting processes in the constitution. A primary scheme was to have Mike Pence refuse to count some of the states' electors, which would invoke a constitutional process to move the election to the House decide, where each state gets one vote, and Republicans control a majority of the states.

'Honest' Republicans would not go along with such a scheme to steal the election. We saw there are very few of them, and that the Republican Party was more than happy to steal the election, as states sent 'alternate electors', and hundreds of Republicans in Congress voted to refuse to accept the results of the election and to execute the scheme.

To speculate about the military, I think they began with a strong conviction to protect to democracy and to want to thwart such a scheme.

But had it occurred, it would have had just enough claim to following the constitution - however dishonestly - to raise the possibility for the military that fighting the result would be worse for the country than accepting it.

If the packed Supreme Court blessed the scheme, that would likely seal the deal for the military to accept it - just as the 2000 election saw Bush steal the election with the blessing of the Republican Supreme court.

Apparently, all it takes to bring down the United States of America is 700 rioters.

But it wasnt just 700 rioters.

If you don't understand that by now your ignorance is intentional.

It never ceases to amaze me that some still think a riot at our Capitol which began with the President stating to the rioters that they needed to" fight like hell or they would not have a country anymore" was nothing more than a protest.

Results are in. ;)
View attachment 67434435
I wonder what 4 conplete idiots voted for him.

Back
Top Bottom