• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If january the sixth had been successful, what do you suppose the government would have functioned like after they tossed all the dems?

OK...so the people who said it believed that the election was stolen through fraudulent vote counting, meaning they wanted it to be more thoroughly investigated before they were certified. That's literally the only thing I heard people saying. So, at worse, under your scenario the vote certification would've been delayed and then the same results would've happened.
Trump asked his minnions to come to D.C. to stop the steal. They did, and they didn't come to "thoroughly investigate" fraudulent votes.

Trump asked his minnions to come to D.C. to stop the steal. They did, and they didn't come to "thoroughly investigate" fraudulent votes.
OK....what is your alternative scenario?

OK....what is your alternative scenario?
It's playing out.

The people you literally didn't hear, showed up at the Capitol, broke the law, and are now facing the consequences in court.

No telling what we'd be facing if those morons had been successful, but it probably wouldn't have included elections.

It's playing out.

The people you literally didn't hear, showed up at the Capitol, broke the law, and are now facing the consequences in court.
The scenario presented in the OP is if they were successful. Try and keep up.

You're not clever.
Clever enough that having nothing to say about the actual OP, and then still typing something, is the makings of a really stupid post.

Clever enough that having nothing to say about the actual OP, and then still typing something, is the makings of a really stupid post.
Only clever enough to snip the post to make it look that way.

You got caught. Go be dishonest with someone else.

Only clever enough to snip the post to make it look that way.

You got caught. Go be dishonest with someone else.
Lol...caught for what? Pointing out that someone literally had nothing to say about the OP? You caught me.

So trump's goons attack the capitol, stop the vote count, declare victory and kick every democrat out of office and install nothing but republicans in their places.

How do you suppose the rest of america would react? Do you think the military would take orders from them?
Bunch of white trash rednecks playing Lord of the flies..

It's amazing to me how quickly the right seems to have disavowed trump while trying like hell to minimize january the sixth. You guys can tell each other 1/6 was no big thing while the rest of the country continues to vote trump and his followers out of office.
I don’t consider it “minimizing” to inject a very basic and obvious statement of reality into a discussion,

I notice you can’t actually answer an honest and direct question: who do you actually think was going to be convinced of the legitimacy of anything by a bunch guys in horn hats making people vote for something by force? Do you seriously believe our republic has only lasted these 200+ years because no one thought to take control of the Capitol and force an illegitimate vote before?

The thing that should be amazing you right now is how you have allowed yourself to believe such ridiculous things.

Bunch of white trash rednecks playing Lord of the flies..
Doubtful many of the folks you are referring to read Lord of the Flies so I don't think they are going to get the reference.

I don’t consider it “minimizing” to inject a very basic and obvious statement of reality into a discussion,

I notice you can’t actually answer an honest and direct question: who do you actually think was going to be convinced of the legitimacy of anything by a bunch guys in horn hats making people vote for something by force? Do you seriously believe our republic has only lasted these 200+ years because no one thought to take control of the Capitol and force an illegitimate vote before?

The thing that should be amazing you right now is how you have allowed yourself to believe such ridiculous things.
Holy jumpin' jesus. Those folks inside the capitol that day had every intention of overthrowing the government if they were able, because they failed doesn't make it any less true and if you don't think that's possible in america, you must see their actions as no big thing.

"As the Justice Department digs deeper into the conduct of former President Donald Trump and his inner circle, the conviction of two Oath Keepers leaders – as well as the conviction on another key charge brought against all five defendants – will be useful to building out a case around the plotting to overturn Trump’s loss that went beyond just the riot at the Capitol on January 6, 2021," CNN.

CNN continued, "A jury’s willingness to convict two leaders of a far-right militia of seditious conspiracy for plotting to forcibly oppose the government is a major vindication of how the Justice Department is approaching its investigation into the efforts to disrupt President Joe Biden’s 2020 win.

“As the verdict of this case makes clear, the department will work tirelessly to hold accountable those responsible for crimes related to the attack on our democracy on January 6, 2021,” Attorney General Merrick Garland said.

“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”
“When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules."
“We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”
"Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. We are going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.”
************************************************************************************************Donald J. Trump, Jan. 6, 2021

If january the sixth had been successful, what do you suppose the government would have functioned like after they tossed all the dems?​

Much better then the current shit show we have now,

You claim dishonesty but don't demonstrate it. That's telling.
It's not telling, it's more dishonesty on your part. Go back to the beginning of the conversation where you fabricated 'churches promoting diddling' to argue against.

It was all explained to you along the way.

Bother someone else.

It's not telling, it's more dishonesty on your part. Go back to the beginning of the conversation where you fabricated 'churches promoting diddling' to argue against.
1. That was a different thread.
2. That Trae dumbass is the one that brought it up in juxtaposition to the left promoting sexualizing children, doing permanent genital surgeries on minors, giving harmful hormone drugs to minors, doing sexual and fetish performances in front of children.
It was all explained to you along the way.
Bother someone else.
You're coming to me. So who is bothering who is reversed.

So trump's goons attack the capitol, stop the vote count, declare victory and kick every democrat out of office and install nothing but republicans in their places.

How do you suppose the rest of america would react? Do you think the military would take orders from them?

Their plan was to force a contested election. It might have worked if Pence cooperated, but he chose not to, thank goodness.

But, if he did cooperate, it would have caused a constitutional crisis, there would be a lawsuit, and emergency rulings from the courts, then SCOTUS, and they would have until Jan 20 to do it, or the house elects the president, where republicans have a two state majority. the courts would view such a lawsuit as a major hot potato, so it's unpredictable how they would rule.

I think they would vote in favor of Biden because repubs have not provided evidence for their contested votes. Fairness dictates they would need evidence, and without it, what is left is a coup plot, which will get them in a lot of legal trouble. Repubs would be taking a major chance. Note that this is what they tried, and they failed, but it could have happened, if Pence cooperated. Fortunately, he saved the nation a lot of headache.

It never ceases to amaze me how fragile our democracy appears to the left.

Apparently, all it takes to bring down the United States of America is 700 rioters.

Have you informed the Chinese?

It's not built in steel, either.

The rioters had nothing to do with the Trump/Eastman/Navarro scheme. The riot was a fumble. I don't really think Trump expected to breach the capitol, only to make a lot of noise.

the scheme was to force a contested election in the joint session where the house has a two state majority, which might have worked, if Pence cooperated with the scheme, but he rejected it, and he so stated in the reworded patter he spoke during the ceremony.

Now, here's the thing, some 100 congresspersons and senators were in on the scheme and were prepared to contest their state's vote ( by 'objecting') the objective of which was to have Pence remand those votes back to the states for curing, the idea of which they would be unable to fix their votes to the satisfaction of the members of Joint session by the Jan 20 deadline, and that would trigger a house vote, where Repubs have a two state majority.

What mucked it all up was the attack by the rioters, and all of those congresspersons and senators who were going to contest, given it was much later at night, and contesting would keep them there to the wee hours of the morning, plus the fact it would now appear a lot more like they were cooperating with the rioters in a coup plot, exposing them to legal jeopardy, those who were planning to 'object' decided not to. so the plot was foiled, essentially by the attack.

So, that was an unintended consequence of the attack, Trump didn't foresee it, so the whole thing is due to Trump's complete incompetence. He originally wanted to march on the capitol with his followers behind him and make a lot of noise on the capitol's steps, pressuring Mike Pence to do his bidding, fulfilling the scheme: THAT was the plan, NOT the attack and breach. What Trump did not foresee was that the Secret Service, in no way shape or form, were going to let the President follow the protestors down to the capitol, because they had no preplanned perimeters laid out, it just wasn't part of the schedule, no way to really protect the president, and some of those folks were armed. Trump was so used to barking out orders, he didn't realize his power was not absolute, not when his life is in danger, the SS has a greater duty to their own oaths of office, to protect the president, even if it means violating his orders.

Thng is, a more competent President could have pulled it off, which is now why there is legislation before congress to fix the ambiguity in the Electoral Count Act, so that this never happens again.

Last edited:
1. That was a different thread.
2. That Trae dumbass is the one that brought it up in juxtaposition to the left promoting sexualizing children, doing permanent genital surgeries on minors, giving harmful hormone drugs to minors, doing sexual and fetish performances in front of children.

You're coming to me. So who is bothering who is reversed.
You're right. I'm juxtaposing two threads. Easy to do because you're wrong in both.

The other thread when you argued against something no one said.

This thread when you said I had nothing to say about the OP. It was in the part you snipped out of my partially quoted post.

Two 'demonstrations' of your dishonesty.

You're right. I'm juxtaposing two threads. Easy to do because you're wrong in both.

The other thread when you argued against something no one said.
That's the way the Trae idiot phrased it. Take it up with him and whine about him setting up his rant in a way that created a false equivalency.
This thread when you said I had nothing to say about the OP. It was in the part you snipped out of my partially quoted post.

Two 'demonstrations' of your dishonesty.
It's not dishonest. You had nothing to add to the thread, but commented anyways.

Back
Top Bottom