• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If It's Trump vs Bernie, Who Will Win?

If It's Trump vs Bernie, Who Will Win?

• Total voters
We are way too early in predicting the general election results. If Bernie wins the nomination it is going to be critical that he picks a good rational VP that will excite someone other than overly progressive citizens. Having AOC campaign for him is one thing, having her a short step away from the presidency is down right scary.

Indeed. A Tulsi Gabbard or a Klobuchar would back Trump up against the wall.

Trumps 4th q contributions....46 ****ing milllion.....ouch....dems better start reaching into their piggy banks if they want to even try and come close to Trump in this election.

Democrats 4th quarter contributions: $34.5M + 24.7M + 22.7M + 21.2M + 16.5M + 11.4M + 6.6M + 3.4M = $141M... ouch. That doesn't even count Bloomberg spending.

What you are writing is conceived in a partisan bubble.

Because people like Steven Pinker and Jonathan Haidt are so conservative... Who do you think conducts research on political opinions?

And who do you think I am? I studied liberals all my life. I'm an economics PhD candidate and a Canadian to top it all off. Boy, do I fit the image of a recluse Redneck!

Dear, you're so far off the rails that you erased the line between your own life and a parody thereof.

Democrats 4th quarter contributions: $34.5M + 24.7M + 22.7M + 21.2M + 16.5M + 11.4M + 6.6M + 3.4M = $141M... ouch. That doesn't even count Bloomberg spending.

That might become a problem later down the road for Donald Trump.

The same polling that assured you the hildabeast would be elected president in 2016?

Electoral results are probably not that easy to predict. Votes are not fungible across the country because of the electoral college system, so the pattern matters.

It's not exactly fair to treat polling data as though it was useless. It's more that you have to be sophisticated to use them properly.

lol yeah...Trump still beat them all. If Hillary money didn't work...feel free to pool your money. We all got such a kick watching it all go down the hopper last time.

We are way too early in predicting the general election results. If Bernie wins the nomination it is going to be critical that he picks a good rational VP that will excite someone other than overly progressive citizens. Having AOC campaign for him is one thing, having her a short step away from the presidency is down right scary.
If Bernie gets the nod, dems lose easily. America would be forced to look at his VP as the next President and that wont go well at all for dems. People simply won't vote that way. Bernie is a geyser who already had a heart attack. Biden is a creep and everyone else isn't even close to winning against Trump.
Oprah and Michelle Obama would give Trump more of a run. That's how bad off dems are this time around.

Because people like Steven Pinker and Jonathan Haidt are so conservative... Who do you think conducts research on political opinions? And who do you think I am? I studied liberals all my life. I'm an economics PhD candidate and a Canadian to top it all off. Boy, do I fit the image of a recluse Redneck! Dear, you're so far off the rails that you erased the line between your own life and a parody thereof.

You can make it personal all you want, if that makes you feel better. I have studied libs, libertarians, cons, radicals, regressives, and progressives all my life. Go luck on your graduate studies. My time was wonderful, and I hope yours is as well. But I believe you are wrong. Nothing personal. Bernie can beat Trump for several reasons.

But I believe you are wrong. Nothing personal.

You accused me of partisanship. That's personal and presumptuous. Next time around, point out something about my comments instead of trying to attack me.

Bernie can beat Trump for several reasons.

That has nothing to do with the comment I made.

jamesbyoung But I believe you are wrong. Nothing personal.

TheEconomist You accused me of partisanship. That's personal and presumptuous. Next time around, point out something about my comments instead of trying to attack me.

jamesbyoung Bernie can beat Trump for several reasons.

TheEconomist That has nothing to do with the comment I made.

Calling you partisan, which you are, is neither personal nor presumptuous. It is presumptuous of you to attack me while denying what you are doing. IOW, don't dish if you can't take. It's that simple.

Bernie can beat Trump for several reasons.

Stay with the OP and discussion, please.

Not at all. I attend my mainstream traditional church several times a week. I attend evangelical church services as an observer.

So that qualifies you to judge everyone else? I always wonder about people who condemn blocs of people. They see Blacks as a unit. They see all Hispanics as a unit. They always see themselves as superior but that is not reality. The reality is that people who label others as a bloc generally lack intelligence. Mostly just retards that lap up hate spewed out by other retards.

Yeah, this Trump economy rocks.

So that qualifies you to judge everyone else? I always wonder about people who condemn blocs of people. They see Blacks as a unit. They see all Hispanics as a unit. They always see themselves as superior but that is not reality. The reality is that people who label others as a bloc generally lack intelligence. Mostly just retards that lap up hate spewed out by other retards.

Based on decades of observation, you bet I am qualified to judge evangelicals, far better than you are to judge others, bob. Condemn others at your own peril. You judge others as blocks, and you believe you are superior, but the reality is that your labeling is really only of yourself. :)

lol yeah...Trump still beat them all. If Hillary money didn't work...feel free to pool your money. We all got such a kick watching it all go down the hopper last time.

How do you figure? Who is Trump competing against on the Republican side?

$34.5M + 24.7M + 22.7M + 21.2M + 16.5M + 11.4M + 6.6M + 3.4M = $141M...

How do you figure? Who is Trump competing against on the Republican side?
no one. You are summing all of your candidates money together and claiming its more than Trump. Sure. I'd go with that. It didn't work for Hillary and it definitely wont work with Biden or sanders.

no one. You are summing all of your candidates money together and claiming its more than Trump. Sure. I'd go with that. It didn't work for Hillary and it definitely wont work with Biden or sanders.

Have you missed the point that there is no one competing with Trump?

It didn't work for Hillary and it definitely wont work with Biden or sanders.

It almost did.

Trump only won by 197,000 votes in Penn., Wis, Fl and Mich

Let us not forget that the Fakenews media plagued her campaign from almost the very beginning with E-mails right?

Maybe not one individual but the DEMOCRAT party is raising more money no? Like about 3x more?

Holy molly Batman!

Have you missed the point that there is no one competing with Trump?

It almost did.

Trump only won by 197,000 votes in Penn., Wis, Fl and Mich

Let us not forget that the Fakenews media plagued her campaign from almost the very beginning with E-mails right?
no but apparently you missed my point.

I don't think Bernie will even make it through the stress of an election. The guy was geyser 3 years ago but ya never know.

While Trump is a trim spring chicken?

Electoral results are probably not that easy to predict. Votes are not fungible across the country because of the electoral college system, so the pattern matters.

It's not exactly fair to treat polling data as though it was useless. It's more that you have to be sophisticated to use them properly.

You should also be sophisticated to work out when the polling results are completely full of ****. Scientific opinion polling is a valuable tool used to indicate trends when it is performed honestly. Election polling has not been done honestly in quite some time. The 2016 polling is a prime example. They weighted polls based on previous elections and failed to catch onto 2016 trends. There was an anti-status quo and anti-establishment politician movement that Trump tapped into and the polling failed to catch onto the Trump surge. 2016 polling led pundits to give Trump a 16% chance of winning the election and that carried all the way to election night. Across the pond, scientific opinion polling told the world that Brexit was going to go down in flames to the tune of 7%. Why the continued faith in opinion polling?

Re: If It's Trump vs Bernie, Who Will Win? I

I would think the person with the most votes but in america, who knows?

Back
Top Bottom