• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If it wasn't for double standards....

I'm not aware those policies have been implemented in Jacksonville. Are you?
It's Republican controlled - and you reflexively made the claim that since something is republican controlled, that makes it safer.....

And since much of the whole broken windows theory is predicated on criminalizing the poor and homeless -- maybe you can tell me the "Republican" cities where broken windows policing is practiced

The biggest driver of shootings in Chicago ( and most big cities ) are gangs. The biggest for gangs is no daddy.
The biggest reason for no daddy is the 69 % illegitimacy rate.

The biggest driver of shootings in Chicago ( and most big cities ) are gangs. The biggest for gangs is no daddy.
The Highland Park shooter had a daddy......

I enjoy my many visits to Chicago......definitely won't consider it a shit-hole.....just like I don't think most rural Trump areas are shit-holes...even tho some places do look like this....as Trump said, the system is rigged against those people.......so he gave them somebody to look down on so they can feel better..

bc275fa5-3541-497b-b7e6-70d1aa949f4a-IMG_7758.jpg

We've never claimed Chicago was the most dangerous. We just cite it as an abject failure of liberal urban policy.

Say, how many cities on your top-ten list are governed by Republicans?
None. I did some google research and all 10 cities have a Democrat mayor.

I also noticed yesterday that conservatives seem to think Highland Park is Chicago.
Highland Park is a suburban city located in the southeastern part of Lake County, Illinois, United States, about 25 miles (40 km) north of downtown Chicago. Per the 2020 census, the population was 30,176.[2] Highland Park is one of several municipalities located on the North Shore of the Chicago metropolitan area.

Gosh no idea how anyone would think they are at all related... Ya'll focus on the most asinine things to ignore the actual debates.

....Dems wouldn't have any standards at all.
Townhall.com
@townhallcom

Lori Lightfoot says that increased shootings at uniformed officers in Chicago are due to people "losing respect for the institutions of our democracy" and "the toxicity in our public discourse."

Oh is that right, Madame mayor.
h, well, if it's non-toxic public discourse Mayor Lightfoot wants to encourage, she should probably start with herself if she doesn't want to deepen her reputation as a hackish partisan hypocrite. It was just last week, after all, that she shouted "f**k Clarence Thomas" during her remarks at Chicago pride. Definitely a not at all toxic thing to do.

Lest you think her profane declaration was merely an emotional off-the-cuff reaction to what someone in the crowd said, here's Lightfoot doubling down on her statement to f**k a Supreme Court justice:

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Lori Lightfoot
@LoriLightfoot

I said what I said.
I find it interesting that the right talks about blacks distrust and even hatred of the police. I guess after seeing unarmed black men being shot on a regular basis makes the police targets for blacks. Yes we also have black on black killings in big cities as the drug business in the cities is one of the only ones available to many blacks and the fight for territory goes on and on. A twelve year old lookout can make 40 grand a year, which helps support their family with ever increasing costs of housing and food in big cities and no way out for these people.

None. I did some google research and all 10 cities have a Democrat mayor.
Here is how it works......

When a city has a high crime rate -- but a Republican mayor (as if mayors alone fight crime) -- then the goal posts move to something else...usually, just blaming black people in general.....

Tulsa

Or Lubbock....

Another goal post move is to claim "well, those aren't really big cities" -- well maybe you should blame that on the Republicans running for office in those cities and their failure to win elections....no candidate is entitled to win any election....

I enjoy my many visits to Chicago......definitely won't consider it a shit-hole.....just like I don't think most rural Trump areas are shit-holes...even tho some places do look like this....as Trump said, the system is rigged against those people.......so he gave them somebody to look down on so they can feel better..

View attachment 67400418
This is the kind of shithole stuff I am referring to...

and hopefully whoever is responsible for the violence is prosecuted......and punished...

Are you saying if the mayor was a Republican, crime will go away or the usual narrative around it will change?

In my personal opinion, Republicans are so void of having any popular policies -- all they have left is racially tinged fearmongering.....

Surprised no one has blamed transgender people for crimes in Chicago yet

And yet by percentage of population, Chicago is not even in the top ten cities when it comes to crime. Many of the top ten are in Red States, including cities like Memphis and New Orleans.

Oooh! I have an idea on how to fix that problem with illegitimacy! Let's ban abortion!

Ok, for the sake of argument, let's take a look:

1. Detroit, MI - purple
  2. Memphis, TN - red
  3. Birmingham, AL - red
  4. Baltimore, MD - purple
  5. St. Louis, MO - red
  6. Kansas City, MO - red
  7. Cleveland, OH - red
  8. Little Rock, AR - red
  9. Milwaukee, WI - purple
  10. Stockton, CA - blue

So we have:
6 red states, 3 purple (split party between legislature and gov), and 1 blue state. The trending isn't as strong, but it still trends towards red states having problems.

Also, Chicago is still not on this list.
Agreed that some of those are definitely RED states and areas

But Baltimore and Detroit are about as Democratic as it gets, and Cleveland isnt far behind

Milwaukee is purple
St Louis is prob purple also
Kansas City would also go purple for city management

and hopefully whoever is responsible for the violence is prosecuted......and punished...
I hope so, too, but this is such a common occurrance in that city I don't think any prosecution and punishment will remove Chicago from the shithole category.

Are you saying if the mayor was a Republican, crime will go away or the usual narrative around it will change?
No.

In my personal opinion, Republicans are so void of having any popular policies -- all they have left is racially tinged fearmongering.....

Surprised no one has blamed transgender people for crimes in Chicago yet
shrug...

This is irrelevant and I really don't care about your personal opinion or what surprises you.

And yet by percentage of population, Chicago is not even in the top ten cities when it comes to crime. Many of the top ten are in Red States, including cities like Memphis and New Orleans.
Just because there are worse shithole in our country, that doesn't mean Chicago isn't a shithole.

I hope so, too, but this is such a common occurrance in that city I don't think any prosecution and punishment will remove Chicago from the shithole category.

No.

shrug...

This is irrelevant and I really don't care about your personal opinion or what surprises you.
So since you think nothing will really fix this "crime" problem in Chicago -- the whole "what about Chicago" deflection isn't really about solutions; it just something right-wingers just reflexively say whenever their bullshit is challenged on other subjects??

Chicago has had violent gangs literally for over a century, which makes your narrative laughably ignorant.....but then again, it’s abundantly clear no conservative knows literally anything about Chicago.

Highland Park is a suburban city located in the southeastern part of Lake County, Illinois, United States, about 25 miles (40 km) north of downtown Chicago. Per the 2020 census, the population was 30,176.[2] Highland Park is one of several municipalities located on the North Shore of the Chicago metropolitan area.

Gosh no idea how anyone would think they are at all related... Ya'll focus on the most asinine things to ignore the actual debates.

Again, prior to the attack Highland Park hadn’t had a murder for over a DECADE. It’s simply not an area where violent crime happens all that often.

Trying to equate to Chicago proper is flat out ignorant.....as has been repeatedly explained to you..

Back
Top Bottom