• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If it wasn't for double standards....

So since you think nothing will really fix this "crime" problem in Chicago -- the whole "what about Chicago" deflection isn't really about solutions; it just something right-wingers just reflexively say whenever their bullshit is challenged on other subjects??
I didn't present any "what about Chicago" deflection. I made a statement about Chicago in response to another member who made a statement referring to Chicago.

Again, prior to the attack Highland Park hadn’t had a murder for over a DECADE. It’s simply not an area where violent crime happens all that often.

Trying to equate to Chicago proper is flat out ignorant.....as has been repeatedly explained to you..
I get that but I'd never heard of the place and thought it was just a chicago subrurb.. which it is.

Agreed that some of those are definitely RED states and areas

But Baltimore and Detroit are about as Democratic as it gets, and Cleveland isnt far behind

Milwaukee is purple
St Louis is prob purple also
Kansas City would also go purple for city management
It may be possible that there is no strong correlation to a particular party then.

While we are on the subject...

Are there any booming Conservative metropolises from which we can see a shining example of how a city of millions is supposed to look

....Dems wouldn't have any standards at all.
Townhall.com
@townhallcom

Lori Lightfoot says that increased shootings at uniformed officers in Chicago are due to people "losing respect for the institutions of our democracy" and "the toxicity in our public discourse."

Oh is that right, Madame mayor.
h, well, if it's non-toxic public discourse Mayor Lightfoot wants to encourage, she should probably start with herself if she doesn't want to deepen her reputation as a hackish partisan hypocrite. It was just last week, after all, that she shouted "f**k Clarence Thomas" during her remarks at Chicago pride. Definitely a not at all toxic thing to do.

Lest you think her profane declaration was merely an emotional off-the-cuff reaction to what someone in the crowd said, here's Lightfoot doubling down on her statement to f**k a Supreme Court justice:

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Lori Lightfoot
@LoriLightfoot

I said what I said.
Speaking as the Mayor of Chicago, Lightfoot’s comment regarding Thomas was inappropriate.

Speaking as a private person, her comment was entirely appropriate. 👍

Liberals really seem to ignore Chicago.

(And depressingly so, that includes the liberals running Chicago.)
Especially when Chicago Liberals get indicted for things like tax fraud, embezzlement or wire/bank fraud

....Dems wouldn't have any standards at all.
Townhall.com
@townhallcom

Lori Lightfoot says that increased shootings at uniformed officers in Chicago are due to people "losing respect for the institutions of our democracy" and "the toxicity in our public discourse."

Oh is that right, Madame mayor.
h, well, if it's non-toxic public discourse Mayor Lightfoot wants to encourage, she should probably start with herself if she doesn't want to deepen her reputation as a hackish partisan hypocrite. It was just last week, after all, that she shouted "f**k Clarence Thomas" during her remarks at Chicago pride. Definitely a not at all toxic thing to do.

Lest you think her profane declaration was merely an emotional off-the-cuff reaction to what someone in the crowd said, here's Lightfoot doubling down on her statement to f**k a Supreme Court justice:

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Lori Lightfoot
@LoriLightfoot

I said what I said.
Lori Lightheaded is the female version of Rahm Emanuel. In other words, an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom