• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If it wasn't for double standards....

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
....Dems wouldn't have any standards at all.
Townhall.com

@townhallcom

Lori Lightfoot says that increased shootings at uniformed officers in Chicago are due to people "losing respect for the institutions of our democracy" and "the toxicity in our public discourse."

Oh is that right, Madame mayor.
h, well, if it's non-toxic public discourse Mayor Lightfoot wants to encourage, she should probably start with herself if she doesn't want to deepen her reputation as a hackish partisan hypocrite. It was just last week, after all, that she shouted "f**k Clarence Thomas" during her remarks at Chicago pride. Definitely a not at all toxic thing to do.

Lest you think her profane declaration was merely an emotional off-the-cuff reaction to what someone in the crowd said, here's Lightfoot doubling down on her statement to f**k a Supreme Court justice:

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Lori Lightfoot

@LoriLightfoot

I said what I said.

Liberals really seem to ignore Chicago.

(And depressingly so, that includes the liberals running Chicago.)

10 Most Dangerous Cities in the US (#1 is the highest cost of crime)​

1. St. Louis, Missouri - red state
  2. Jackson, Mississippi - red state
  3. Detroit, Michigan
  4. New Orleans, Louisiana - red state
  5. Baltimore, Maryland
  6. Memphis, Tennessee - red state
  7. Cleveland, Ohio - red state
  8. Baton Rouge, Louisiana - red state
  9. Kansas City, Missouri - red state
  10. Shreveport, Louisiana - red state

Chicago isn't even the biggest issue, so its not a matter of ignoring as much as simply paying attention to where attention is needed.

Far from Lori's first dance with doublespeak.

CHICAGO (TND) — Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot pleaded to the federal government for additional law enforcement resources on Monday to crack down on rampant crime, despite supporting measures to defund her city's police just last year.

A rampant crime crisis in major U.S. cities is causing progressive mayors who previously proposed dramatically reducing their city’s police budgets to reverse course and now portray a tough-on-crime stance.

Amid the anti-police protesting in 2020, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot pledged to cut $80 million from her city’s police budget, according to InjusticeWatch, but on Monday, she publicly pleaded for federal law enforcement agents to come to her city to help crack down on illegal guns.

Source: https://fox17.com/news/nation-world...m-pleads-with-feds-to-help-with-rampant-crime

1. St. Louis, Missouri
  2. Jackson, Mississippi
  3. Detroit, Michigan
  4. New Orleans, Louisiana
  5. Baltimore, Maryland
  6. Memphis, Tennessee
  7. Cleveland, Ohio
  8. Baton Rouge, Louisiana
  9. Kansas City, Missouri
  10. Shreveport, Louisiana

Chicago isn't even the biggest issue, so its not a matter of ignoring as much as simply paying attention to where attention is needed.
We've never claimed Chicago was the most dangerous. We just cite it as an abject failure of liberal urban policy.

Say, how many cities on your top-ten list are governed by Republicans?

We've never claimed Chicago was the most dangerous. We just cite it as an abject failure of liberal urban policy.
So one example is a failure everywhere? Surely you can come up with something better than that.
8 of 10 states in the list have GOP legislatures (which are the ones that make policy and is a more apt data point).

As I implied early. You folks are all about ignoring the problems in our cities.
And as I implied, its the states that are the issue. Cities only have limited legal authority versus the state it is in.

15 Safest Large Cities in the US (with a population over 300,000)​

1. Virginia Beach, Virginia - purple
  2. Honolulu, Hawaii - blue
  3. Henderson, Nevada - blue
  4. El Paso, Texas - red
  5. Mesa, Arizona - red
  6. San Diego, California - blue
  7. Raleigh, North Carolina - blue
  8. Anaheim, California - blue
  9. San Jose, California - blue
  10. Santa Ana, California - blue
  11. New York City - blue
  12. Austin, Texas - red
  13. Arlington, Texas - red
  14. Las Vegas - blue
  15. Riverside, California - blue

10 blue, 4 red, 1 purple (split between legislature and governor).

And as I implied, its the states that are the issue. Cities only have limited legal authority versus the state it is in.

15 Safest Large Cities in the US (with a population over 300,000)​

1. Virginia Beach, Virginia - purple
  2. Honolulu, Hawaii - blue
  3. Henderson, Nevada - blue
  4. El Paso, Texas - red
  5. Mesa, Arizona - red
  6. San Diego, California - blue
  7. Raleigh, North Carolina - blue
  8. Anaheim, California - blue
  9. San Jose, California - blue
  10. Santa Ana, California - blue
  11. New York City - blue
  12. Austin, Texas - red
  13. Arlington, Texas - red
  14. Las Vegas - blue
  15. Riverside, California - blue

10 blue, 4 red, 1 purple (split between legislature and governor).
"Safest" <> "safe."

Townhall.com
@townhallcom

Lori Lightfoot says that increased shootings at uniformed officers in Chicago are due to people "losing respect for the institutions of our democracy" and "the toxicity in our public discourse."

h, well, if it's non-toxic public discourse Mayor Lightfoot wants to encourage, she should probably start with herself if she doesn't want to deepen her reputation as a hackish partisan hypocrite. It was just last week, after all, that she shouted "f**k Clarence Thomas" during her remarks at Chicago pride. Definitely a not at all toxic thing to do.

Lest you think her profane declaration was merely an emotional off-the-cuff reaction to what someone in the crowd said, here's Lightfoot doubling down on her statement to f**k a Supreme Court justice:

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Lori Lightfoot
@LoriLightfoot

I said what I said.
On a serious note, Klattu..........

Do you ever pay attention to data, facts and truths.............and more importantly, are they important to you?

Just about each and every one of your OP's and/or posts have been "proven" to be devoid of facts, data and truths and on those where you have actually made a good point (few), you have been proven to be a total hypocrite as you complain of the same identical thing that the Republicans have been found to be guilty of (such as this OP).

Trumpsupporters1.png

So my question is a serious one because I am trying to determine if it is pure blind bias you are showing, interest in simply being controversial to get attention, or simply corrupt (getting paid to abase the Democrats). Which is it? There is no other choice than one of those 3 options.

Townhall.com
@townhallcom

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Lori Lightfoot
@LoriLightfoot

I said what I said.

Tell me why I should care. Clarence Thomas is indeed a danger to us all and to our reticence. He should be impeached.

Can you cite for me policies by Republicans that make cities safer??

Because as of now, there are not many major cities that are controlled by Republicans....

The largest city with Republican control is Jacksonville.....and...it is the murder capitol of the state....so why didn't those Republican policies stop it?

And Her Honor also reminded us that the sweet sensitive young gentlemen who are killing people are simply "unloved."

When people in dictatorships see the kind of elected officials running our cities (including New York City), no wonder they think to themselves: "Maybe this thing called 'democracy' is not such a good idea for us."

Here in Los Angeles, the woke Los Angeles Times is beside itself with joy over the possibility that our next mayor may be a similar bleeding-heart liberal as is the Honorable Ms. Lightfoot.

Can you cite for me policies by Republicans that make cities safer??

Because as of now, there are not many major cities that are controlled by Republicans....

The largest city with Republican control is Jacksonville.....and...it is the murder capitol of the state....so why didn't those Republican policies stop it?

The "broken windows" policing policy. Mandatory sentencing. Funding the police.

1. St. Louis, Missouri - red state
  2. Jackson, Mississippi - red state
  3. Detroit, Michigan
  4. New Orleans, Louisiana - red state
  5. Baltimore, Maryland
  6. Memphis, Tennessee - red state
  7. Cleveland, Ohio - red state
  8. Baton Rouge, Louisiana - red state
  9. Kansas City, Missouri - red state
  10. Shreveport, Louisiana - red state

did you see how they RANKED that in your survey.....by money
a democrat using a money ranking item

now this is the REAL rankings

not ranked by money....but actually by crime as it should be

did you see how they RANKED that in your survey.....by money
a democrat using a money ranking item

now this is the REAL rankings

not ranked by money....but actually by crime as it should be
Ok, for the sake of argument, let's take a look:

1. Detroit, MI - purple
  2. Memphis, TN - red
  3. Birmingham, AL - red
  4. Baltimore, MD - purple
  5. St. Louis, MO - red
  6. Kansas City, MO - red
  7. Cleveland, OH - red
  8. Little Rock, AR - red
  9. Milwaukee, WI - purple
  10. Stockton, CA - blue

So we have:
6 red states, 3 purple (split party between legislature and gov), and 1 blue state. The trending isn't as strong, but it still trends towards red states having problems.

Also, Chicago is still not on this list.

Back
Top Bottom