• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If it helps your side, do you support cheating in an election?

Do you support cheating if it helps your side?

• Total voters

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Just seeing where everyone’s at, or where they THINK they’re at.

I, would not.

No. Follow the rules.

The game's fun, if everyone follows the rules.

Just seeing where everyone’s at, or where they THINK they’re at.

I, would not.

The people who support open cheating rationalize their position by continuing to narrow their definition of cheating. Rest assured, though, that if Republicans openly stuffed ballot boxes on live television, they'd simply redefine the meaning of "cheating."

That's how you're going to see people who have no business voting "no" voting no.

I don't have a side. But NO. on cheating

It is damn near impossible to cheat anyway.

This is a difficult question. As children, we are taught that it’s not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game. When you reach adulthood, you have already witnessed many instances of hypocrisy in this regard. Looking back through history, politics has always been a dirty business. The current climate has just removed much of the subtlety that was exercised in the past.

There have been crimes that showed some imagination and class, we now are witnessing a daylight smash and grab, imo.

I don't believe I would never cheat at something as important as an Election. What's the point of changing the results even if it's as benign as playing a game of solitaire? Does it make you feel better? If it actually does, I'd wonder seriously about your mental state.
I've said this before but perhaps needs repeating. "I've had a Bank of America debit and credit card for something like 35 years...put money in and out untold thousands of times.
Not once..again..not once has the balance been wrong by even one cent" "So why in the hell can't politicians come up with a (insert cussing here) ..system that's even close to what a bank can do" I've heard excuses for my whole life but I ain't buying it. With all the modern technology at our hands, any excuses are pure Bullsh!t. It CAN be done but most of us know that the puppeteers who really control the strings don't want it to be concise or fair. GGGGRRR.. :)

No. If you can't win without cheating, then you don't deserve to win. The Trump Party likes to cheat by seeking interference in our elections from foreign actors, voter suppression, etc. They have admitted if they don't suppress the vote, they would never win.

Anyone seen our local trumplings????

They are waiting for their talking point to explain how cheating is not cheating.

Or they can go into the conspiracy theory of Obama's alleged spying justifying what Trump is doing.

I don't support cheating.

They are waiting for their talking point to explain how cheating is not cheating.

Or they can go into the conspiracy theory of Obama's alleged spying justifying what Trump is doing.

Oh they will have excuses alright, something like they are stopping mail in voting expansion because they are trying to stop voter fraud something that has not actually occurred. Cutting funding to the USPS then claiming that the USPS cannot handle lots of mail in votes. Same with closing polling places, close them down make people wait in long lines so that they may just give up, especially in Dem heavy areas, all in the name of safety. What is truly amazing is that they actually think no one notices and will be gullible enough to believe their nonsense,

I don't have a side. But NO. on cheating

It is damn near impossible to cheat anyway.

That's true but it has happened over the years. It just takes the right corrupt individuals in the right places.......

Here in southern Texas we still have not forgotten the infamous "box 13 scandal in Duval county in 1948 that put Lyndon Johnson in the Senate and ultimately the White house.

If local Dems and a Dem county Judge had not cheated on that ballot box its likely that Johnson would have never been elected to high enough office to have inflicted his bull**** on our country.

The last surviving member of that scandal confessed the whole thing...what everyone already knew happened on his death bed....people in that county still don't like to talk about it.....

Of course not. The integrity of the election system is much more important that the results of an election.

That's true but it has happened over the years. It just takes the right corrupt individuals in the right places.......

Here in southern Texas we still have not forgotten the infamous "box 13 scandal in Duval county in 1948 that put Lyndon Johnson in the Senate and ultimately the White house.

If local Dems and a Dem county Judge had not cheated on that ballot box its likely that Johnson would have never been elected to high enough office to have inflicted his bull**** on our country.

The last surviving member of that scandal confessed the whole thing...what everyone already knew happened on his death bed....people in that county still don't like to talk about it.....

It was so forgotten, I never heard of it til now.

But, I am no where close to Tx either.

edit
I suppose there are some who'd say the 2000 prez election and the results of Fla was cheating.

Last edited:
Oh they will have excuses alright, something like they are stopping mail in voting expansion because they are trying to stop voter fraud something that has not actually occurred. Cutting funding to the USPS then claiming that the USPS cannot handle lots of mail in votes. Same with closing polling places, close them down make people wait in long lines so that they may just give up, especially in Dem heavy areas, all in the name of safety. What is truly amazing is that they actually think no one notices and will be gullible enough to believe their nonsense,

Oh yeah, thats another one, this insistence that wide spread voter fraud is a thing, in spite of a complete lack of evidence.

Looks like they’re not gonna show, bar maybe 1 that has voted already.

They may be just self aware enough to realize they shouldn’t vote at all.

"We have to stuff ballot boxes to prevent election cheating."

I don’t get a vote, but yeah some yanks I know say the Democrat Machine ( their words) pick up the street people in buses and drive to the polls to vote and Maccas for a free meal. Is that considered cheating?

Absolutely NOT!

I believe in the Scandinavian type of honesty.

Although I realize that such a goal is impossible for Americans, I like to think that the cheating on November 3 will not be too excessive.

I plan to vote for President Trump, but I agree with the polls that he is toast.

So if the election is (reasonably) honest, and if Ms. Harris is elected the de facto President, then that is only fair.

Then the people who voted for her will have to suffer the consequences.

Sadly, of course, so will the loser's supporters.

I don’t get a vote, but yeah some yanks I know say the Democrat Machine ( their words) pick up the street people in buses and drive to the polls to vote and Maccas for a free meal. Is that considered cheating?

The words Bogan and Maccas would seem to indicate you’re an Aussie.

You can still answer the question.

It is a general question, you do have elections in your country so...

Their database goes back to 1982

Voter Fraud Map: Election Fraud Database | The Heritage Foundation

so that is works out to 33 or 34 cases a year. Its small enough to ignore and certainly way too small to try and shut down major institutions over. Also this does not differentiate between local, state, and national elections. I need something statistically significant before I am going to worry about this.

I voted "yes" because it used the word "cheating" and not "illegal activities."

Elections are a pre-planned non-violent potential revolution of challengers against the status quo. In a sense, it is like war but without the violence and physical destruction. All is fair in love and war.

The election is not a sporting event. It isn't a movie production. It is for the fate of my city, my state, my country and the entire world. The stakes are massive. The survival of my entire family and everyone I know may be decided upon the outcome.

The OPer doesn't define "cheating" or even who makes and defines the rules for what constitutes "cheating." Is lying cheating? Every candidate for president is doing so. Most on this forum do not post "fair" non-bias messages. Is that cheating? What about spies in the other's campaign? Is that cheating? Is taking the opponent's statement out of context to attack "cheating?"

What I intensely oppose is voter and election fraud, which seems to be the #1 strategy of the Democratic Party for this election, for which the goal might more be to make the election so impossible to count that Pelosi, not Biden, becomes president.

The words Bogan and Maccas would seem to indicate you’re an Aussie.

You can still answer the question.

It is a general question, you do have elections in your country so...

Typically we avoid voting although they can fine you, I don’t think it is possible to cheat in Oz elections, personally I couldn’t be ****ed doing anything to help any politician ( they are all bloodsucking assholes )

Back
Top Bottom