• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If it helps your side, do you support cheating in an election?

Do you support cheating if it helps your side?

• Total voters
Since cheating is wrong, period, does that mean you will fight President Trump's efforts to undermine our mail system before and during the election?

Lol there's no mail system to undermine.

In person voting, in booths with curtains is the NORM.

Conservatives will fight liberals' efforts to undermine our entire traditional system of voting.

Notice 16 states are allowing people to return ballots before the first debate has even taken place.

This it not about COVID safety, it is not about the minority vote, it is about nothing but moving the election date up before Biden has had a chance to appear on a debate stage. And before the economy has had a chance to fully recover.

I shouldn't have counted you as a liberal poster, my bad. But four liberal posters liked that post, which, in my view, provides a justification for cheating.

Bull.

The post is a justification for cheating. Implying that we are taught as kids not to cheat, but that in the adult world, things are difficult. And lines are blurry.

A conservative would say that cheating is wrong, period.

You believe so much in the sins of Democrats and in your own righteousness that you perceive evidence where it doesn't exist. That works if you're hunting witches in the 1700's but not here.

Conservatives will fight liberals' efforts to undermine our entire traditional system of voting.

Notice 16 states are allowing people to return ballots before the first debate has even taken place.

This it not about COVID safety, it is not about the minority vote, it is about nothing but moving the election date up before Biden has had a chance to appear on a debate stage. And before the economy has had a chance to fully recover.

I shouldn't have counted you as a liberal poster, my bad. But four liberal posters liked that post, which, in my view, provides a justification for cheating.

Except in the states that have had mail in voting for years now with no problems. Do try to keep up with current events.

Except in the states that have had mail in voting for years now with no problems. Do try to keep up with current events.

Bearpoker,

In-person voting is the norm.

For the majority of our nation's voters.

I'm sure you are aware of this. ;)

I will ignore your appeals to ignorance regarding bypassing the debates. I personally think Biden will fare better than most Republicans have been led to believe, so I disagree with that premise. That said, I do agree with you on the highlighted portion above. That seems wrong to me too, but doing some research shows that has been common in several states for several years.

State Laws Governing Early Voting

I will ignore your appeals to ignorance regarding bypassing the debates.

I'm appealing to nothing but liberals pretending they care about COVID safety and minority vote suppression in order to move the election date up in order to hide Biden's mental fitness.

I'm appealing to nothing but liberals pretending they care about COVID safety and minority vote suppression in order to move the election date up in order to hide Biden's mental fitness.

President Trump's attempts to derail the USPS will only further that conspiracy theory. By undermining the mail system, states like mine that rely heavily on mail-in voting will have to offer other alternatives to receive ballots and vote earlier to avoid bottlenecking our systems with ballots turned in too late. That means we will be forced to vote earlier than many of us would like. I already know I will have to vote before the third debate if I want my vote to count. We have been told to vote as soon as we can via mail due to the delays in mail delivery, but now there are no guarantees that mail delivery will even exist in 2-3 months. It is a nice self-fulfilling prophecy your president has set up for everyone, and it seems you have fallen for his snake oil sales job on destroying systems where mail-in voting is the primary voting method.

Bearpoker,

In-person voting is the norm.

For the majority of our nation's voters.

I'm sure you are aware of this. ;)

I'm sure you are aware that mail in voting is widespread and is the norm in several states. There has never been a problem with all mail in voting where it is practiced. Trump simply wishes to suppress turnout because he thinks a lower voter turnout will favor him.

President Trump's attempts to derail the USPS will only further that conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theory?

We literally had a poster argue that as kids, we are taught that cheating is wrong, but as adults, life, and politics, are more complicated. Four liberal posters liked the post.

I'm sure you are aware that mail in voting is widespread and is the norm in several states.

Yes, this is now a CNN talking point lol.

Many drivers go 75 mph in 65 mph zones. Just because a few states have allowed mail-in voting, doesn't justify universal, nationwide mail-in voting.

Yes, this is now a CNN talking point lol.

Many drivers go 75 mph in 65 mph zones. Just because a few states have allowed mail-in voting, doesn't justify universal, nationwide mail-in voting.

They do more than just "allow" mail in voting. They have replaced in person voting with mail in or on line voting. Your comparison with speeding on the highway fails since no laws are broken by mail in voting.

So the answer is no.

You don’t care about cheating as long as it benefits your side.

Clear cheating Trump and his lackey at the post office has embarked upon.

Got it.

In most precincts in AZ we see a significant difference between the results from mail in ballots and polling location votes. For example, Clinton got 41.44% of the polling location vote and 46.13% of the mail in vote. Trump was just the opposite at 52.99% of polling place and 48.73% of mail in. Stein and Johnson were both higher at the poll and lower by mail but both of them were right around 0.2% difference. McCain and Kirkpatrick saw the same kind of thing. In the local race for my state rep the swing between polling place and mail in was more than 10%. I didn't see ANY races where the GOP candidate did better on mail in than the Democrat did so there's damned sure something going on with mail in ballots.

Arizona Secretary of State Election Night Reporting

Five states currently have a system known as universal vote-by-mail, which means they conduct all of their elections almost entirely by mail: Washington, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, and Hawaii. In this system, the state's election commission sends a ballot to all registered voters well ahead of Election Day. Voters mark the ballot, put it in a secrecy sleeve, then put the whole thing into a mailing envelope. They sign an affidavit on the exterior envelope and either put the sealed package in the mail or drop it off at a collection location.
What you need to know about voting by mail - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Just seeing where everyone’s at, or where they THINK they’re at.

I, would not.

So, you think Biden should step down since China and Iran want to influence the election in his favor?

Here's an idea for another poll!

"Do you support assassination of the opposition if it helps your side win?"

I bet the same people who voted YES on this poll with give a YES vote to that one too!

Seems it would even be okay to have Roger Stone join The Manson Family if it helps Trump.

In most precincts in AZ we see a significant difference between the results from mail in ballots and polling location votes. For example, Clinton got 41.44% of the polling location vote and 46.13% of the mail in vote. Trump was just the opposite at 52.99% of polling place and 48.73% of mail in. Stein and Johnson were both higher at the poll and lower by mail but both of them were right around 0.2% difference. McCain and Kirkpatrick saw the same kind of thing. In the local race for my state rep the swing between polling place and mail in was more than 10%. I didn't see ANY races where the GOP candidate did better on mail in than the Democrat did so there's damned sure something going on with mail in ballots.

Arizona Secretary of State Election Night Reporting

Is it possible that Democrats tend to trust mail-in voting more than Republicans, so Republicans show up at the polling stations in larger numbers?

Only 1 in 5 Republicans say they’re likely to vote by mail

They do more than just "allow" mail in voting. They have replaced in person voting with mail in or on line voting. Your comparison with speeding on the highway fails since no laws are broken by mail in voting.

Just because drivers ignore speed limit laws doesn't mean they're right.

Just because a few states ignore nationwide voting policy doesn't mean they're right.

It's like arguing that Jim Crow laws were fine because they existed in certain states.

Is it possible that Democrats tend to trust mail-in voting more than Republicans, so Republicans show up at the polling stations in larger numbers?

Only 1 in 5 Republicans say they’re likely to vote by mail

That's a good question and Democrats seem to have voted by mail at a higher percentage than Republicans did but not by a high enough percentage to explain the difference between in person and mail in vote percentages. In the 2016 presidential race the Democrats voted by mail for Clinton less than 2% different than Republicans voted by mail for Trump.

This is patently false. There is no way for one person to cast 1000 votes without being caught and have them counted.

What would stop me? I have the registered voters book for the precinct. I know who has not voted. I had thousands of blank ballots to run thru the machines. Often I was the only one there. It would be no more complicated than running ballots I filled out thru the machines.

So what if the vote count on the machines doesn't add up? There would be no way to know which votes to erase and nothing proving that I did anything, so even if it KNOWN 1000 false votes were cast they all still would count.

Until mail in ballots, voting fraud happens WITHIN the voting precincts themselves by the partisan election workers/judges within the precinct. They can cast as many votes as they want to. There are reasons they do NOT require any verification in many precincts - no writing down their last 4 numbers of their SS number or DL number, no fingerprint taken - literally everything possible to make voting fraud a piece of cake.

How do you verify a mail in ballot was filled out by the voter? You can't.

There are 10,000 registered voters. But 17,000 ballots for Biden and 7,000 for Trump. So at least 10,000 fraudulent ballots. No way to know which are fraudulent. So what then? Remember how in Michigan there was so many discrepancies in vote totals that state law PREVENTED a recount because the fraud was TOO great to even figure - so ALL votes counted knowing there were huge numbers of fraudulent votes.

Not only does nothing prevent fraudulent voting there is nothing that can be done about it even if it is known to have happened.

What gobbledygook....come back when you've got something intelligent to add.

The point is there are lots of documented cases of voter fraud over the years some of which have been deciding in elections....the other point is that those are just the ones we know about!

1200 forever is insignificant.
Over the last prez elections only, there were 250M votes.

0.00048%. That's if the 1200 cases were just in the last 2 prez elections.

The number will never ever be ZERO.
48 out of 10,000 votes can be considered fraud. If we just use the last 2 prez elections only.

In reality, it's more like 48 out of 1M or more votes.

Back
Top Bottom