• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

If Iraqis Vote for USA to leave, do we?

If Iraqis Vote for the American Military To Leave, Should We Go?

• YES

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • NO (Please explain)

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
If they vote and say that we should leave and the majority of Iraq citizens feel they are ready to support themselves we should most definately leave. if we didn't we would be betraying our purpose to give them a choice.

Before WWII the french were voted out of the German Rure region. It allowed the Nazi to gain more power but it also showed that its important to stick to what is right no matter what the consiquences. You have to let people pick there destiny.

french in the german region was not "right." Germany was f-ed up after WWI. There was not much morally right or wrong in that war. Because of France and other hardliners in the Allies who took a vengeful stance against Germany in the after-war treaty, German economy pretty much went to ****. French were basically exploiting Germany. Germany voting them out isn't the cause of Hitler's rise.

Secondly, if the Iraqi's voted us out which I doubt, the US would be in a dilemma. Remember US isn't there solely for Iraq, it has its own interests there as well, very important economic interests. Unless there is no serious threat to US-Iraqi business in Iraq, US will try hard to find excuses not to pull out.

I think you misunderstood me. First of the rure region was one of Germany's industrial centers and yes France stayed there to keep Germany from growing into a threat, they were getting revenge for the Franko-Prusian war as well as WWI. However all i meant was that Germany voteing them out allowed the Germans to have an industrial center to make military weapons.

Back
Top Bottom