• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If I would be a politician

Rainman05

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
With a deceitful, devious agenda, now would be the best time to pass into law that piece of legislation I always wanted but was too afraid of the backlash. Or do some nepotism business for a lot money. Or something.

With all the hype regarding Trayvon martin and zimmerman case and large number of people focused in on this meaningless, stupid trial, I can get away with legislative murder. The media won't pick up on it because it's too interested in race baiting and choosing sides like it's the media's job to be the prosecution or the defense.
And to top it all off, after I pass it, I would make statements about the travyon martin and zimmerman case and give my own observations, adding fuel to the fire, so that this meaningless crap will take as much of the publics' interest as possible.

And at the end of the day, I'd go sit on the couch and laugh at the lemmings.

With a deceitful, devious agenda, now would be the best time to pass into law that piece of legislation I always wanted but was too afraid of the backlash. Or do some nepotism business for a lot money. Or something.

With all the hype regarding Trayvon martin and zimmerman case and large number of people focused in on this meaningless, stupid trial, I can get away with legislative murder. The media won't pick up on it because it's too interested in race baiting and choosing sides like it's the media's job to be the prosecution or the defense.
And to top it all off, after I pass it, I would make statements about the travyon martin and zimmerman case and give my own observations, adding fuel to the fire, so that this meaningless crap will take as much of the publics' interest as possible.

And at the end of the day, I'd go sit on the couch and laugh at the lemmings.

What kind of devious law do you feel would best be passed at this time? A 'feel good for the few', or a 'kiss my political cronies whahukus' type law?

What kind of devious law do you feel would best be passed at this time? A 'feel good for the few', or a 'kiss my political cronies whahukus' type law?

Doesn't matter what I law I pass.

CISPA 2.0
NDAA 2.0
Sequester 2.0
Law that puts another 200mil $ into the budget for candy machines for Congress and my cousin just happens to own a candy factory and my other cousin happens to own an import/export business that brings in those candy dispensers from overseas.

The principle is that I could benefit from the lemmings and the media focusing on just this one, meaningless issue and do whatever the heck I wanted, if I were a deceitful, devious politician with such power.

When the lame stream media has your back every day is like today; no need for a distraction or even the rule of law. Our chosen dictator can't even follow the constitution and enforce the laws he set forth himself because they are so inept.

Doesn't matter what I law I pass.

CISPA 2.0
NDAA 2.0
Sequester 2.0
Law that puts another 200mil $ into the budget for candy machines for Congress and my cousin just happens to own a candy factory and my other cousin happens to own an import/export business that brings in those candy dispensers from overseas.

The principle is that I could benefit from the lemmings and the media focusing on just this one, meaningless issue and do whatever the heck I wanted, if I were a deceitful, devious politician with such power.

So it's all a matter of using/abusing powers granted unto you by people who had faith that you would do what is fair and right, and twisting it solely to your advantage.

You sure you're not already in DC? :wink:

You don't need any kind of deception. The Imperial Government has grown self-reliant. They don't need your approval, citizen. Just obey.

So it's all a matter of using/abusing powers granted unto you by people who had faith that you would do what is fair and right, and twisting it solely to your advantage.

my sentiments exactly.

This is why those people on the right believes so much in punishment ...because they personally know this is the only reason they don't steal and cheat.

my sentiments exactly.

This is why those people on the right believes so much in punishment ...because they personally know this is the only reason they don't steal and cheat.

Hate to disillusion you, but it's on both sides of the political fence. It's a PTD. (politically transmitted disease)

Of course it's a matter of abusing power. What purpose does power do if it doesn't lead to abuse? That's why the people need to keep an eye on those who we empower. And distractions from the real interest that we should have (public interest) are opportunities for corruption to seep in.

It's been 2 days now. I could have passed NDAA 2.0 and CISPA 2.0. If the circus would be in town tomorrow, something new and exciting.

Ofc, I am joking. But it is a reality. NDAA was signed on new years eve because Obama hoped nobody will notice, and it passed both chambers of Congress without any sort of debate that you normally see... and if there would not have been a huge blowback from it, I guarantee you the judicial branch wouldn't have acted on it either.

A scandal like this is better than New years' because you can abuse it to feed the fire and the rage.

By now I would have managed to pass any piece of preferential legislation I wanted and instituted martial law in the name of keeping tragedies like trayvon martin from ever happening again.

Back
Top Bottom