• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If House Passes a Continuing Res w/o o'care?

CalGun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Who is then responsible for a govt shut down?
- will obama demand Harry fall on his sword and block it in senate or
- will Harry let it to a vote putting "his boys" on the hook
- will the senate then pass it too forcing ofailure to shut it down with a veto?

How do House Republicans get blamed for a Govt shut down if they authorize spending for all but o'care?

If there is a shutdown, it will be Obama's fault. Liberals seem to tend toward the kind of tantrums I've usually seen from two year olds, where they thoughtlessly set out to destroy the whole thing if they can't get their little bit of waste, fraud and abuse.

However, we can be sure that the MSM will not report it honestly.

- will the senate then pass it too forcing ofailure to shut it down with a veto?

How do House Republicans get blamed for a Govt shut down if they authorize spending for all but o'care?
Easy. The GOP is responsible for global warming, starving children, the homeless, the jobless, the Taliban, your shrinking paycheck, and the stopped up trap under your kitchen sink. It's not a big problem to add just one more thing to the list. After all, look what they did to Don King's hair.

Easy. The GOP is responsible for global warming, starving children, the homeless, the jobless, the Taliban, your shrinking paycheck, and the stopped up trap under your kitchen sink. It's not a big problem to add just one more thing to the list. After all, look what they did to Don King's hair.

Good morning, humbolt. :2wave:

Since all the polls taken by Media Matters and the like indicate that what you have posted is undeniably glaringly apparent to the Libs, how can they shout in the next breath that the GOP is obstructionist? It looks to me like they have been very busy indeed! I guess that we should add that preventing Harry Reid from bringing anything about Jobs bills to the Senate floor for a vote is just another example. And don't even mention the fact that the GOP wants to cut spending. Can you imagine the gall of wanting to decrease the $17 trillion debt? Too shocking to contemplate, when everyone knows that more wasteful spending is needed now! Honestly, those GOP people need instruction on how to run a government! :mrgreen:

Since all the polls taken by Media Matters and the like indicate that what you have posted is undeniably glaringly apparent to the Libs, how can they shout in the next breath that the GOP is obstructionist? It looks to me like they have been very busy indeed! I guess that we should add that preventing Harry Reid from bringing anything about Jobs bills to the Senate floor for a vote is just another example. And don't even mention the fact that the GOP wants to cut spending. Can you imagine the gall of wanting to decrease the $17 trillion debt? Too shocking to contemplate, when everyone knows that more wasteful spending is needed now! Honestly, those GOP people need instruction on how to run a government! :mrgreen:

Calling the GOP 'obstructionist' is never challenging, its in the nature of their ideology even in the best of circumstances for the best of reasons. Right now they have neither.

The GOP has neither the desire nor the ability to cut spending, at least not unless Democrats do it with them. They can't justify their pro-corproate agenda when they are absolutely unwilling to help poor people who suffer because of it. That's why they only assert themselves against the welfare orthodoxy in minor, annoying ways.

On point. The GOP has power they don't realize. They're running the government when things go bad. When things go well, which hasn't happened in some time, they're the ones that nearly prevented it. If as much as a dime is cut from the deficit, children will starve. If we drill for energy, we'll poison and despoil the country. If you happen to drive a fossil-fueled vehicle, you're cooking the planet every time you do. I suppose that as long as there are people who buy this crap, we're going to continue hearing it. I may just stop listening for a while. I had hoped we were smarter than this.

On point. The GOP has power they don't realize. They're running the government when things go bad. When things go well, which hasn't happened in some time, they're the ones that nearly prevented it. If as much as a dime is cut from the deficit, children will starve. If we drill for energy, we'll poison and despoil the country. If you happen to drive a fossil-fueled vehicle, you're cooking the planet every time you do. I suppose that as long as there are people who buy this crap, we're going to continue hearing it. I may just stop listening for a while. I had hoped we were smarter than this.
... and as if to demonstrate your point, there's comment #5

Public opinion will be framed by how the media reports the story. So to answer your question we would have to guess how this will be reported.

Remember that old game Mad Libs?
Stick with me on this, Hum ... it's like comment #5 is filled with examples of the kind of lefty word/phrase selections that serve as a training manual for the Left using the Mad Libs framework.
And the cool part is that the name "Mad Libs" itself is just a big fat appropriate coincidence ... like ... like ... "Margaret Spellings" was Secretary of Education.

Public opinion will be framed by how the media reports the story. So to answer your question we would have to guess how this will be reported.

You're right ... I've made my guess.

The same way you'd blame Democrats if they'd passed a budget that Republicans wouldn't agree with that funded everything except for the department of defense. The republicans lost on ObamaCare and they need to grow some nuts and take it like men. This just makes them look like moronic assholes.

Remember that old game Mad Libs?
Stick with me on this, Hum ... it's like comment #5 is filled with examples of the kind of lefty word/phrase selections that serve as a training manual for the Left using the Mad Libs framework.
And the cool part is that the name "Mad Libs" itself is just a big fat appropriate coincidence ... like ... like ... "Margaret Spellings" was Secretary of Education.
I see some places one might go with this which could demonstrate the whole charade. Weaving the emotional content into it might be a challenge, that is, loading the words with the desired emotive content. It's really a question of building on the first established element of BS, and then proceeding progressively downward...

I see some places one might go with this which could demonstrate the whole charade. Weaving the emotional content into it might be a challenge, that is, loading the words with the desired emotive content. It's really a question of building on the first established element of BS, and then proceeding
progressively
downward...
heh ... "progressively" ... sometimes it just flows naturally, huh.

The same way you'd blame Democrats if they'd passed a budget that Republicans wouldn't agree with that funded everything except for the department of defense. The republicans lost on ObamaCare and they need to grow some nuts and take it like men. This just makes them look like moronic assholes.
That's right. Now the republicans seem to be proposing a moronic 'solution.' If Obamacare is as damaging as they claim it will be--and I think it will be--then they need to let it happen, and actually start winning elections based upon them cleaning up Obamas mess and actually fixing the health care system. Distracting from this with a government shutdown is incredibly foolish political strategy.

That's right. Now the republicans seem to be proposing a moronic 'solution.' If Obamacare is as damaging as they claim it will be--and I think it will be--then they need to let it happen, and actually start winning elections based upon them cleaning up Obamas mess and actually fixing the health care system. Distracting from this with a government shutdown is incredibly foolish political strategy.

I see it as the exact opposite. This is their last ditch effort to stop ObamaCare before people realize that it's not evil like they think. It's already being reported that health insurance prices are dropping, in some states eve more so than expected. And when people with pre-existing conditions etc. get health insurance on the exchanges, you'll be hard pressed to tell them that that's a bad thing.

I see some places one might go with this which could demonstrate the whole charade. Weaving the emotional content into it might be a challenge, that is, loading the words with the desired emotive content. It's really a question of building on the first established element of BS, and then proceeding progressively downward...

So all that's needed is an acceptance of everything that is told to you, as long as it uses words that stir the emotions, and doesn't require logical thinking, fact, or the truth? Well, that sounds easy enough...and helps explain a lot. :mrgreen:

heh ... "progressively" ... sometimes it just flows naturally, huh.

Good morning, Bubba! :2wave:

Humbolt does have a way with words, doesn't he? :lamo: :thumbs:

So if the the House passed a continuing resolution and enabled the govt to move on (without obasmacare) would the media portray them as shutting down the govt, Reid or obama?

Why do you call standing by your principles as "looking like moronic assholes" or is that just how you roll and everyone else must live by your opinion?

So if the the House passed a continuing resolution and enabled the govt to move on (without obasmacare) would the media portray them as shutting down the govt, Reid or obama?

If you are asking me to guess. I would say it is very probable that they would blame the Republican house.

Why do you call standing by your principles as "looking like moronic assholes" or is that just how you roll and everyone else must live by your opinion?
Because in this case, standing on your principles is politically foolish. Look, republicans cant win on this. If they pass a funding bill that excludes Obamacare, Obama will allow a government shutdown and he will NEVER capitulate. EVER. There is no way he will watch the signature achievement (if you can call it that) go down in flames this way. He will shut down the government and do everything in his power to see to it that that shutdown impacts the most people possible. He will be out there every day campaigning (which is all he ever does) against the republican House; so will his democratic allies and his allies in the media. Republicans WILL CAVE. And they will look completely foolish. Let Obamacare happen; let it be the disaster it will certainly be, then run on repealing it and replacing it for the next two election cycles. That is how it will work and should work. You want power to change things, win elections.

Burning down the village because you didn't get your way isn't "standing by your principles".

I think you are right, but is it right? If the House were to pass a continuing resolution and it is the Senate or obama that won't accept it - how is the House at fault?

And by the way, I believe the Republicans' did win elections, many of them, which is why they control the House. How is that any less important than obama's win? You seem quite dismissive?

If you are asking me to guess. I would say it is very probable that they would blame the Republican house.

Then who is being moronic if it is the president that will never capitulate? Why must the Republicans capitulate and not obama?

Because in this case, standing on your principles is politically foolish. Look, republicans cant win on this. If they pass a funding bill that excludes Obamacare, Obama will allow a government shutdown and he will NEVER capitulate. EVER. There is no way he will watch the signature achievement (if you can call it that) go down in flames this way. He will shut down the government and do everything in his power to see to it that that shutdown impacts the most people possible. He will be out there every day campaigning (which is all he ever does) against the republican House; so will his democratic allies and his allies in the media. Republicans WILL CAVE. And they will look completely foolish. Let Obamacare happen; let it be the disaster it will certainly be, then run on repealing it and replacing it for the next two election cycles. That is how it will work and should work. You want power to change things, win elections.

Back
Top Bottom