• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If gun control worked Mexico would be crime free [W:1235:1274]*****************

Re: If gun control worked Mexico would be crime free

Uh noooo... take that gun LOCKED AND LOADED!!! on your person into an airplane; that's what he means.
HMMM."LOCKED AND LOADED!!!" Cancels out box cutters.

I am about to sell a car. I or the guy who buys it may have to pay sales tax.
Unless you're a professional auto dealer and you are selling a brand new car there will be no sales tax. Sales tax only applies the first time something is sold.
We could cheat on the price, much like someone could cheat on any gun sale requirement. Big deal. By your logic we should not regulate anything, because people will cheat.
Most licensed gun dealers will not cheat on sale requirements because the penalties for doing so are high. Now, an unlicensed gun dealer who sells guns illegally would be a different story. If you say that we should crack down on unlicensed gun dealers and illegal gun sales than I agree.
I disagree, and in fact have no problem with guns being registered. Get all the guns you want from dealers who have to record the sale and do checks. Price of doing business. Ain’t gonna happen. As noted earlier, many French eat snails, many American eat guns. I don’t understand either practice.
The problem with registering guns is that it can be abused.

So you don't believe in banning guns. Alright, you live in New Zealand. I take it you're satisfied with the gun laws there.

I have no problem with them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_Zealand
Gun laws in New Zealand are notably more liberal than other countries in the Pacific and focus mainly on vetting firearm owners, rather than registering firearms or banning certain types of firearms.,

Or perhaps you might like to see the view of an american living in nz
Getting strapped in New Zealand, Americans learn ropes of gun control - The Seattle Globalist

Or alternatively you could try providing any link that backs your assertion that banning guns will reduce crime instead of this distraction.

Not just me, many others.

So you don't trust your neighbors. In that case my advice would be to live in the middle of nowhere where your closest neighbor is miles away.

the ban-pushed by a spiteful douche bag who was mad NJ's ability to harass traveling gun owners-was not based on any justifiable reason

its a valuable lesson that gun hating politicians only pretend crime control is their motivation. We know better and for those who don't, the ban should convince them

I really don’t care. I don’t want you owning a fully automatic weapon. If you want to get your rocks off shooting one under controled conditions, have at it. I’d probably would put that on a bucket list too. But you can’t take it home with you. Your freedom is limited, mine is enhanced. By the way, I don’t the you should be allowed to mount a Sargent York cannon on your garage roof either. Call it tyranny, if you wish. I call it reasonable.

I have no problem with them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_Zealand

Or perhaps you might like to see the view of an american living in nz
Getting strapped in New Zealand, Americans learn ropes of gun control - The Seattle Globalist

Or alternatively you could try providing any link that backs your assertion that banning guns will reduce crime instead of this distraction.

So you like NZ laws in that case I recommend staying there, you appear to be happy there.

Yeah; you're supposed to prove these fanciful ideas that you have...

(cough)

That's how the debate thing works, remember?

An argument to ridicule is a fallacy and doesn't need to be refuted, its false on its face.

I really don’t care. I don’t want you owning a fully automatic weapon. If you want to get your rocks off shooting one under controled conditions, have at it. I’d probably would put that on a bucket list too. But you can’t take it home with you. Your freedom is limited, mine is enhanced. By the way, I don’t the you should be allowed to mount a Sargent York cannon on your garage roof either. Call it tyranny, if you wish. I call it reasonable.

Of course you don't You don't understand such things apparently and you don't care about the fact that NO LEGALLY OWNED machine gun has been used to harm anyone in 80 years. What you do know is that conservatives tend to want to own guns and you want to harass conservatives. You are unable to articulate why a M16 is more "dangerous than an AR 15" because you have demonstrated you really don't know and more importantly, you don't care. You just know we want to own them and that is enough to oppose it. You won't be troubled to explain why -if a fully automatic is so dangerous-civilian police officers have access to them. its all about identity politics. If Republicans support gun ownership, you oppose it

claiming your freedom is enhanced by limiting the freedom of others to own something is pathetic

guess what-the people most likely to obtain firearms for illicit purposes aren't going to engage in private sales made pursuant to a background check. you are arguing for things that "make sense" only to people who are rather ignorant about how things actually work
TD that makes him and others here and elsewhere rather ignorant of how and when BGC' work. They don't understand what a BGC is. It's to catch criminals or those that should not have firearms,so by that simple definition it means they DON'T want to be caught. So much for a BGC huh. But I bet not a one of them get it.

An argument to ridicule is a fallacy and doesn't need to be refuted, its false on its face.

A fallacy about a fallacy?

So you believe that there is no such thing as a "right"? You believe that everything is instead a privilege granted unto people by their government?

Maybe you're living in the wrong country? Maybe you'd like North Korea, Cuba, or Venezuela better?

Your source for this claim?

His source is negation of the Declaration and Bill of Rights because they were slave owners, particularly Jefferson. We have seen him make this argument more than once.

Concerning natural rights, no I can't prove they exist. Believing natural rights exist or don't exist is exactly that, a belief. And beliefs can't be proven. Our forefathers did believe in natural rights and that's what they based the BOR on and I am loyal to their decisions.

Our forefathers did not even believe the statements in the Declaration where they wrote about natural rights. They were lies when quill was placed to parchment and the authors and signers knew it. So why are you so deferent to them?

A fallacy about a fallacy?

Jet discuss the topic or refute the point being made, enough semantic horse****.

The debate was resolved when they clearly signed on to the idea that our rights came from our Creator - which is God and there can be no argument or dispute about that reference.
Let us just assume they weren't given by our Creator. They sure as hell came from somewhere and they weren't granted by the govt.

Seld defense is merely an ability of an organism. It is not a right unless the government states it as such.
And this is why we have the Second Amendment. The govt. doesn't bestow rights on us or isn't supposed to. They(federal govt.)work for us as simply an agent. In other words to do those things that individual states would find hard. For example national defense and a means of currency but not lord over us.

Our forefathers did not even believe the statements in the Declaration where they wrote about natural rights. They were lies when quill was placed to parchment and the authors and signers knew it. So why are you so deferent to them?

So you disagree with our forefathers?

your silly arguments are dismissed. You NEVER take issue with the far more inane nonsense that comes from anti gun posters. You insult Americans in general and gun owners specifically. Nothing you have posted can be characterized as requiring a "thoughtful and intelligent reply" from what I have seen

where have pro gun posters or groups claimed "guns cause crime"? apparently you aren't even up on the various positions of the pro gun posters vs the anti gun posters. No wonder your arguments make no sense!
Guess I wasn't the only one to catch that. Good point to.

Not at all; I'm pointing out to you that no one is a libertine. And it;s that way by design.

Wtf??

That doesn't have the slightest relationship to your previous statements. I hope you don't just walk around blurting out **** at random like that in RL.

Yes, people are subject to changing their minds. But in this case I am 68 years old and have never advocated for slavery once so I think the chances it are not real strong.

OTOH, the chances might be even stronger considering your advanced age. Tomorrow you might forget what your previous position was. Since your previous position is based on nothing more than your whimsical opinion, it is easy to see that there's a 50/50 chance you might then light on supporting slavery.

Perhaps another point in favor of having some sort of moral framework involved with the idea of rights.

It is a right if the majority of people declare it to be a right

That rational justifies slavery and any other number of atrocities. You are in essence saying slavery was perfectly OK until the government said it was not. Says a lot.....

That's kind of begging the question. You're assuming it as being a universal lie because that is your position. But...it's possible for someone to tell what they believe is a lie but is actually the truth. Since you otherwise admit you can't disprove the proposition your argument is meaningless.

Any resources I can obtain? In that case I cannot prove that to you since I don't have the resources to get to Uranus.

But the fact of the matter is, I don't care to prove or disprove whether or not there are those monkeys you describe on Uranus. If you want to believe in them that's your choice.
Fuc***. Ever shoot caramel flavored coffee out your nose.Damn.:eek:

So you like NZ laws in that case I recommend staying there, you appear to be happy there.

So another failure by you not only to back that lie of a claim but even an admittance that you have no clue what a debate is or how it works.
Thank you for giving another demonstration of the disingenuous ways of the gun pro group.

That rational justifies slavery and any other number of atrocities. You are in essence saying slavery was perfectly OK until the government said it was not. Says a lot.....

I never said slavery was ok. Not once anywhere. That's all in your head

Back
Top Bottom