• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If FDR reacted to Pearl Harbor s Trump has to covid

That video is your response? What a f'n joke. He just said what I said he said. You want to say it meant something else in some other language other than english. Not going to happen.

If you actually think this, do you ever wonder why you are losing? Try to open your mind a little and see things the way sane rational people do.

FDR talking to his cabinet before speaking to the American people. First, we do not want to panic the American people so we will tell them this. First we will say we were having war games with the Japanese. Then we will tell them that some bombs were dropped into the harbor as part of the war games. We will not tell them that those bombs fell on our ships as that could cause a panic. We will also tell them that there were a few minor injuries in the games as there were a few minor injuries so that is not a lie. We will not tell them that there were over 2,000 killed and how many were seriously injured. We do not want to scare or panic our citizens by this attack, so we will not declare war as that could hurt both the economy and the stock market. Do you Trumpsters out there get the picture. Americans should get and can handle the truth.

If Trump had been President back then, we would not have been attacked and would've stayed out of the war.

If this is about the Woodward thing, he is the one getting destroyed on it. No matter how much the MSM that no one believes anymore hyperventilates over it.

The only question is: why would the President give this POS an interview?

Woodward has been caught in so many lies over the years that people who would normally agree him have openly speculated "Was Nixon actually guilty of anything"? When Woodward writes a book the only reputation that gets destroyed is Woodward's.

I guess you forgot that everything Woodard has written comes directly from Trump's own mouth and is on tapes. Are you saying that the tapes are false? Even the most zealous Trumpster could not believe that the tapes are false. Trump is so arrogant he thought he could outwit Woodward and instead just made a fool of himself. So do not blame Woodward for doing his job, blame the idiot in the White House that gave the interviews.

Have you listened to the tapes? I have.

The President was not talking about deception he was talking about not causing a panic. That is why it's Woodward no Trump getting destroyed.

Trumpsters, some times I can not believe that you either never understand what Trump was saying or you just do not want to know. It was not the American public he did not want to panic as can be seen by his failure to lead during the pandemic shows. even though he knows how dangerous it is he still tells his followers not to wear masks and to hell with social distancing. The real people he was afraid would panic were the people who have money in the economy and the stock market. He knew at the time if he could push this past the election with his "great" economy intact, he had a better chance of winning a reelection. Now do you understand, or will you still just go and stick your head in the sand.

If Trump had been President back then, we would not have been attacked and would've stayed out of the war.

Do they actually teach history in schools anymore, apparently not in the school you attended. The Japanese attacked us at Pearly Harbor so they could take over the areas of that part of the world so they had the raw materials to keep their war machine going. I am not going to tell you the whole story of the war, but they knew they had to eventually meet and defeat us if hey wanted to control that area. Sorry, but Trump could not have stopped them one damn bit. Learn the history of the war and then come back and write.

Trumpsters, some times I can not believe that you either never understand what Trump was saying or you just do not want to know. It was not the American public he did not want to panic as can be seen by his failure to lead during the pandemic shows. even though he knows how dangerous it is he still tells his followers not to wear masks and to hell with social distancing. The real people he was afraid would panic were the people who have money in the economy and the stock market. He knew at the time if he could push this past the election with his "great" economy intact, he had a better chance of winning a reelection. Now do you understand, or will you still just go and stick your head in the sand.

You must be a miserable person. I would be, if I embraced a political ideology that forced me to lie as must as you just did.

I guess you forgot that everything Woodard has written comes directly from Trump's own mouth and is on tapes. Are you saying that the tapes are false? Even the most zealous Trumpster could not believe that the tapes are false. Trump is so arrogant he thought he could outwit Woodward and instead just made a fool of himself. So do not blame Woodward for doing his job, blame the idiot in the White House that gave the interviews.

All but the context, and that is why Woodward is the one being destroyed.

I do agree giving this POS an interview was a huge ****-up.

You must be a miserable person. I would be, if I embraced a political ideology that forced me to lie as must as you just did.

Only a Trumpster could actually believe what you have just written. And i am a happy person who knows his history and does not like people trying to put things over on others. Too much like Trump. You know the man who today said he gave money to the 9/11 funds and never did so.

Last edited:
All but the context, and that is why Woodward is the one being destroyed.

I do agree giving this POS an interview was a huge ****-up.

Woodward is only having problems with the people who believe Trump no matter what Trump does or says. I bet Woodward will make a int out of the book, so not exactly destroyed. And What do you think Woodwards job is, to make Trump look good for his followers? Woodward's job is to report and nothing he wrote was untrue as it all comes from the interviews. So you might not like what Woodward wrote and you can hate him all you want, but what he wrote was true. Trump knew the covid was very dangerous and instead of telling the truth to the American people so they would take the actions to reduce the spread he told them it was no worse than the fl. He told them they did not have to wear masks and socially distance. He told them to go one as normal and because he did, his followers went out and spread the disease. That is how we became the number one nation for this disease. Can you say anything I have written is false, if you do then you need to take a good long look in the mirror.

The panic BS was used by Trump to cover up his lacking energy to do anything.

It is totally BS that people would have panic and started jumping off buildings. Hell, we still have Republican Trump supporters who claim there is no virus after all of this.

Trump just plays golf and has facials with little time for being a president.

Nah, Trump downplayed it for the exact same reason the Soviets "downplayed" Chernobyl or China "downplayed" the coronavirus. This is how totalitarian governments operate.

Woodward is only having problems with the people who believe Trump no matter what Trump does or says. I bet Woodward will make a int out of the book, so not exactly destroyed. And What do you think Woodwards job is, to make Trump look good for his followers? Woodward's job is to report and nothing he wrote was untrue as it all comes from the interviews. So you might not like what Woodward wrote and you can hate him all you want, but what he wrote was true. Trump knew the covid was very dangerous and instead of telling the truth to the American people so they would take the actions to reduce the spread he told them it was no worse than the fl. He told them they did not have to wear masks and socially distance. He told them to go one as normal and because he did, his followers went out and spread the disease. That is how we became the number one nation for this disease. Can you say anything I have written is false, if you do then you need to take a good long look in the mirror.

Do you ever wonder why none of the allegations against Trump never stick? It's because eventually all proven BS. Now its to the point that no one but the most hard core Leftist Trump haters even listen.

All you are doing is repeating Democrat lies and talking points.

No, Woodward would never make any Republican look good.

I will make the point again:

Woodward has been caught in so many lies over the years that people who would normally agree him have openly speculated "Was Nixon actually guilty of anything"? When Woodward writes a book the only reputation that gets destroyed is Woodward's.

If this is about the Woodward thing, it's Woodward himself who is being destroyed, No matter how much the MSM that no one trusts anymore hyper-venalities.

Who's "Woodward"? We where taking about Herr Fuhrers taped conversations where he admits he lied to the American people. Now he has added "But it was for your own good". I guess we are all children and Trump thought it was better to let more of us die than tell us the truth. He is such a "kindly" old man isn't he?

Do you ever wonder why none of the allegations against Trump never stick? It's because eventually all proven BS. Now its to the point that no one but the most hard core Leftist Trump haters even listen.

All you are doing is repeating Democrat lies and talking points.

No, Woodward would never make any Republican look good.

I will make the point again:

NO, most of it is proven true but as Trump said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and he would not lose a vote. And this time it is all on tape and still Trumpsters will not believe. I read one post about it was taken out of context. It is on the tapes. And for Nixon, do you think if he could have gotten out of it he would have, And the hearings where all of Nixon's cronies spilled the beans was all a lie. Trumpster are so simple they believe everything their cult leaders tells them

Do they actually teach history in schools anymore, apparently not in the school you attended. The Japanese attacked us at Pearly Harbor so they could take over the areas of that part of the world so they had the raw materials to keep their war machine going. I am not going to tell you the whole story of the war, but they knew they had to eventually meet and defeat us if hey wanted to control that area. Sorry, but Trump could not have stopped them one damn bit. Learn the history of the war and then come back and write.

I learned the propaganda version in school too.

Who's "Woodward"? We where taking about Herr Fuhrers taped conversations where he admits he lied to the American people. Now he has added "But it was for your own good". I guess we are all children and Trump thought it was better to let more of us die than tell us the truth. He is such a "kindly" old man isn't he?

You are not keeping up with current events.

NO, most of it is proven true but as Trump said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and he would not lose a vote. And this time it is all on tape and still Trumpsters will not believe. I read one post about it was taken out of context. It is on the tapes. And for Nixon, do you think if he could have gotten out of it he would have, And the hearings where all of Nixon's cronies spilled the beans was all a lie. Trumpster are so simple they believe everything their cult leaders tells them

You are talking about a joke he once told.

If you think Trump support is Cultish it no wonder you are losing.

Back
Top Bottom