• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If FDR reacted to Pearl Harbor s Trump has to covid

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
FDR talking to his cabinet before speaking to the American people. First, we do not want to panic the American people so we will tell them this. First we will say we were having war games with the Japanese. Then we will tell them that some bombs were dropped into the harbor as part of the war games. We will not tell them that those bombs fell on our ships as that could cause a panic. We will also tell them that there were a few minor injuries in the games as there were a few minor injuries so that is not a lie. We will not tell them that there were over 2,000 killed and how many were seriously injured. We do not want to scare or panic our citizens by this attack, so we will not declare war as that could hurt both the economy and the stock market. Do you Trumpsters out there get the picture. Americans should get and can handle the truth.

And don't forget the incredible speech he gave in the middle of the war where he proclaimed "it is what it is" and " I bear no responsibility". It galvanized the country. I was so moved, I almost puked.

FDR talking to his cabinet before speaking to the American people. First, we do not want to panic the American people so we will tell them this. First we will say we were having war games with the Japanese. Then we will tell them that some bombs were dropped into the harbor as part of the war games. We will not tell them that those bombs fell on our ships as that could cause a panic. We will also tell them that there were a few minor injuries in the games as there were a few minor injuries so that is not a lie. We will not tell them that there were over 2,000 killed and how many were seriously injured. We do not want to scare or panic our citizens by this attack, so we will not declare war as that could hurt both the economy and the stock market. Do you Trumpsters out there get the picture. Americans should get and can handle the truth.

If this is about the Woodward thing, it's Woodward himself who is being destroyed, No matter how much the MSM that no one trusts anymore hyper-venalities.

Woodward has been caught in so many lies over the years that people who would normally agree him have openly speculated "Was Nixon actually guilty of anything"? When Woodward writes a book the only reputation that gets destroyed is Woodward's.

Apples and paint colors.

Yes, what FDR did is run to the camera shouting
"ALL OUR BATTLESHIPS WERE SUNK! JAPAN HAS MORE AIRCRAFT CARRIERS! JAPAN IS GOING TO OVERRUN OUR FORCES IN PACIFIC. HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF AMERICANS ARE GOING TO DIE!!! PLUS OH MY GOD GERMANY HAS DECLARED WAR ON US TOO! ALL OF EUROPE IS GOING TO BE LOST TO HITLER AND ALL OF THE PACIFIC IS GOING TO BE LOST TO JAPAN!!!"

Like you suggest, he did everything to tell Americans how horrific the situation is and at least he didn't hint we might win.

Of course, none of that happened.

OR... put more directly, your message is 100% exactly opposite the truth. But I do understand the Democratic Party, most Democrats and you want all Americans as terrified as possible in a 24/7 day after week after month and month bio-terrorism campaign declaring there is no cure, never will be, and there is no vaccine and can not have any for years if ever - for which millions and millions of Americans are going to die. Anything and everything possible to terrify Americans and destroy their lives.

And don't forget the incredible speech he gave in the middle of the war where he proclaimed "it is what it is" and " I bear no responsibility". It galvanized the country. I was so moved, I almost puked.

So destroying the premise of a biased reporters dishonest rhetorical question makes you want to puke? I feel sorry for you.

Did FDR ever even hint Pearl Harbor was his fault and he was responsible? Hell no. Did Democrat LBJ ever accept responsibility for Vietnam? No. Did Obama ever accept responsibility for turning Libya into a terrorist hellhole? No.

Has Joe Biden ever accepted responsibility for his failures with Swine Flu? No.

NEVER ever expect ANY intellectual integrity from the Democratic Party. Always expect lies and pure hypocrisy.

If this is about the Woodward thing, it's Woodward himself who is being destroyed, No matter how much the MSM that no one trusts anymore hyper-venalities.

Woodward has been caught in so many lies over the years that people who would normally agree him have openly speculated "Was Nixon actually guilty of anything"? When Woodward writes a book the only reputation that gets destroyed is Woodward's.

He's an old has-been desperate to be relevant and make money - nothing else

If this is about the Woodward thing, he is the one getting destroyed on it. No matter how much the MSM that no one believes anymore hyperventilates over it.

The only question is: why would the President give this POS an interview?

FDR knew Japan was up to something. Reports from Embassies in Japan noted and reported ship movements. When normal inter-ship and ship to shore communications all but disappeared we knew Japan was planning something big.

Pearl harbor is a virus?

FDR knew Japan was up to something. Reports from Embassies in Japan noted and reported ship movements. When normal inter-ship and ship to shore communications all but disappeared we knew Japan was planning something big.

This was so serious that Republicans in Congress held hearings on whether FDR had prior knowledge of the imminent attack against Pearl Harbor and kept it secret wanting the USA into the war despite huge public opposition.

I think "Woodward" has tapes of Trump actually telling him how dangerous, "strenuous" and easily transmited the virus is ... WAAAAAAAAAAAY ... back in February.

How do "I" know ... I heard them ... just like anyone in America with ears did. Either you live under a rock, on the back side of the Moon or just can't hear.

B.S. :roll:

A large percentage of talking heads on TV, writing books, and doing and saying ANYTHING for any attention are old has-beens. Old politicians. Old commentators. Old losers. Lots of old people who used to be someone of relevant, but not anymore. Not for a long time.

I do seem to remember the furious attacks and ranting by Democrats after Woodward's book Obama's Wars.

I think "Woodward" has tapes of Trump actually telling him how dangerous, "strenuous" and easily transmited the virus is ... WAAAAAAAAAAAY ... back in February.
Yes. He apparently told Woodward that the virus that was spreading in China and killing people there was both deadly and transmittable.

Yes. He apparently told Woodward that the virus that was spreading in China and killing people there was both deadly and transmittable.

While Nancy had a Kodak moment in ChiTown. She was all giddy too.

LOL. Nixon resigned because he was soooo guilty. He was going to be impeached and upheld by his own party.

The panic BS was used by Trump to cover up his lacking energy to do anything.

It is totally BS that people would have panic and started jumping off buildings. Hell, we still have Republican Trump supporters who claim there is no virus after all of this.

Trump just plays golf and has facials with little time for being a president.

So destroying the premise of a biased reporters dishonest rhetorical question makes you want to puke? I feel sorry for you.

The entire quote is out there. He said what he said. If he didn't mean to say that he could have tried to spell it out later and said that isn't what I meant. But he didn't. So the quote stands as it is. If you can't read, I feel sorry for you. Actually, no I don't.

How do "I" know ... I heard them ... just like anyone in America with ears did. Either you live under a rock, on the back side of the Moon or just can't hear.

Have you listened to the tapes? I have.

The President was not talking about deception he was talking about not causing a panic. That is why it's Woodward no Trump getting destroyed.

The entire quote is out there. He said what he said. If he didn't mean to say that he could have tried to spell it out later and said that isn't what I meant. But he didn't. So the quote stands as it is. If you can't read, I feel sorry for you. Actually, no I don't.

Yes, I remember it, and I listened to it just before answering you. You are canceled, good bye. Coronavirus outbreak: ‘I don't take responsibility at all' Trump says on lag in COVID-19 testing - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom