• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

If election 2004 were held today, who would you vote for?

If election 2004 were held today, who would you vote for?

• George Bush

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • John Kerry

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Ralph Nader

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
Caine said:
This is a common problem with peopl who look at the basic information and make general assumptions.

Kerry himself explained why he would sometimes look like a "flip-flopper"
This is because, in some of the bills there were parts of that piece of legislation that he didn't agree with. The funding might have been too high of an amount, putting us furthur in debt and ruining social security and he might not have agreed that the amount was right, he may have believed there was a better way to attempt to cover the cost of the bill, since most bills have a mention of where the money is comming from.
Im not going to tell you why for every one of his bills cause I don't know. But I do know I hate it when people look at the basic information and make general assumptions that he is against this or against that in general just because he doesn't agree with that particular bill.

My personal view on Social Security is that it won't be around for me. When I plan for my retirement, I assume I will not be able to collect Social Security because it is basically a broken system that is need of repair. Social Security is the furthest thing from my mind and I plan my retirement, assuming that I will not see a dime that I pay in. As far as money, I think when our troops are in combat, we should be ready to fork over serious cash because, after all, their lives are on the line. It's the least we can do. When your life is on the line, cost is something that is furthest from your mind. Maybe for the politicans whose lives are not on the line, it is important, but for the troops getting shot it, cost is irrelevant.

TimmyBoy said:
My personal view on Social Security is that it won't be around for me. When I plan for my retirement, I assume I will not be able to collect Social Security because it is basically a broken system that is need of repair. Social Security is the furthest thing from my mind and I plan my retirement, assuming that I will not see a dime that I pay in. As far as money, I think when our troops are in combat, we should be ready to fork over serious cash because, after all, their lives are on the line. It's the least we can do. When your life is on the line, cost is something that is furthest from your mind. Maybe for the politicans whose lives are not on the line, it is important, but for the troops getting shot it, cost is irrelevant.

But, because it is your opinion that his logic is flawed in how he votes on legislation, should that be a reason to generalize from his voting record that he is a flip flopper? No... he has his reasons, like every politician who votes on legislation, and I think its time for people to stop overlooking it and making crazy claims.

Navy Pride said:
After everything that has happened its nice to see the President with a nice lead in the poll..................
Wanna bet that Navy Pride will use this "poll" as a source for one or more of his posts in the future that will be based on made up facts (aka lies)?

His "sources" are right wing bloggers, and he is dumbfounded when no one except him takes them as creditable!

Don't you find it amazing that Navy Pride has too much of what I consider to be foolish PRIDE to ever admit that his posts are wrong, contain lies, and are chock-filled with name calling and belittling remarks that in no way address the subject of the debate.

I think a better poll would be Bush v. Bill Clinton...as a matter of fact I will start one right now...look for it in this section momentarily.

Navy Pride said:
That is your opinion, I don't happen to agree with it.......When you vote for a person that has zero chance to win you waste your vote.........

So if you vote for the loser you are "wasting your vote"? That's totally illogical.

independent_thinker2002 said:
So if you vote for the loser you are "wasting your vote"? That's totally illogical.

Only if you vote for someone you know has no chance to win......

Navy Pride said:
Only if you vote for someone you know has no chance to win......
Can you imagine teaching Navy Pride's voting philosophy in school?

Can you imagine teaching Navy Pride's voting philisophy to naturalized American citizens?

Can you imagine teaching Navy Pride's voting philisophy to Iraqis?

Can you imagine teaching Navy Pride's voting philisophy anyone in the Middle East?

What level of intelligence is it that would actually post that voting for anyone who does not have a chance to win is a wasted vote? I think it shows a level severely below the average person! :ws

26 X World Champs said:
Can you imagine teaching Navy Pride's voting philosophy in school?

Can you imagine teaching Navy Pride's voting philisophy to naturalized American citizens?

Can you imagine teaching Navy Pride's voting philisophy to Iraqis?

Can you imagine teaching Navy Pride's voting philisophy anyone in the Middle East?

What level of intelligence is it that would actually post that voting for anyone who does not have a chance to win is a wasted vote? I think it shows a level severely below the average person! :ws

Well you keep doing that...............:lol:

Kandahar said:
Lieberman isn't really a moderate, he's a conservative.

What's the point of nominating someone like him who is completely unrepresentative of his party? Maybe he'd win the election...but how would Democrats win by having a DINO in the White House?

At least with Kerry there was some alternative between the two main candidates (although Dean would've been better and third-parties should not be excluded). Lieberman is just a Bush clone.

Lieberman isn't a Bush-Clone. If he's so unrepresentative of democrats, why did Gore pick him to be the running mate? There's definately a very strong Lieberman faction in the democratic party. He won in Connecticut by courting fiscal conservatives and social moderates.

Bush again????? Give me a *&*& ing break!!!

imprtnrd said:
Bush again????? Give me a *&*& ing break!!!

Well look at the alternative......Get a frigging clue........You had a flawed candidate in Kerry.........

Navy Pride said:
Well look at the alternative......Get a frigging clue........You had a flawed candidate in Kerry.........
Like Bush wasn't flawed when he was born?

Caine said:
Like Bush wasn't flawed when he was born?

Well judging be the way the American people voted and the results of this poll he was not as flawed as your boy Kerry.

Navy Pride said:
Well judging be the way the American people voted and the results of this poll he was not as flawed as your boy Kerry.
Typical Navy Pride Response.

Caine said:
Typical Navy Pride Response.

Well all you said when I said Kerry was flawed tou said Bush was born flawed.........And I guess American voters tthought your boy Kerry was much more flawed..........

Is that the best answer you could come up with is attack the messenger?

Navy Pride said:
Well all you said when I said Kerry was flawed tou said Bush was born flawed.........And I guess American voters tthought your boy Kerry was much more flawed..........

Is that the best answer you could come up with is attack the messenger?
The argument you made to start this ignorant bickering was stupid, and again, not contributing A GOD DAMNED THING to the debate. Your stupid comments are starting to get on my nerves. Ive yet to see you contribute but just do alot of name calling, whining, and "NA NA NA NAAA NAAAA"

Grow up old man.

Caine said:
The argument you made to start this ignorant bickering was stupid, and again, not contributing A GOD DAMNED THING to the debate. Your stupid comments are starting to get on my nerves. Ive yet to see you contribute but just do alot of name calling, whining, and "NA NA NA NAAA NAAAA"

Grow up old man.

Boy when your beaten you can't handle it.........All you can do is attack me personally.........so very sad............

Navy Pride said:
Boy when your beaten you can't handle it.........All you can do is attack me personally.........so very sad............

Okay, yeah, your EXCELLENT debate skills completely defeated me.
All your sources that back up your nutt ball claims are always completely CREDIBLE. There is no way I could have ever imagined of beating you in a a debate.

Caine said:
Okay, yeah, your EXCELLENT debate skills completely defeated me.
All your sources that back up your nutt ball claims are always completely CREDIBLE. There is no way I could have ever imagined of beating you in a a debate.

What the hell are you Dems gonna do in 08 when you don't have Bush to blame everything on? Are you actually going to have to come up with some ideas? LMFAO no I didn't think so but hay good luck.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
What the hell are you Dems gonna do in 08 when you don't have Bush to blame everything on? Are you actually going to have to come up with some ideas? LMFAO no I didn't think so but hay good luck.

Was that post directed at you?
I didn't think so, in my neck of the woods, someone like you would get thier ass beat for jumping into an argument between two people.

That post had nothing to do with blaming everything on bush, but the fact that Navy's debate skills suck. So learn to read.... http://www.hookedonphonics.com

The point of this post of yours was to try to antagonize me.

Caine said:
Was that post directed at you?
I didn't think so, in my neck of the woods, someone like you would get thier ass beat for jumping into an argument between two people.

That post had nothing to do with blaming everything on bush, but the fact that Navy's debate skills suck. So learn to read.... http://www.hookedonphonics.com

The point of this post of yours was to try to antagonize me.

oooooo scary telephone tuff guy . . . eh

That is all they have, whinning and complaining with no solutions for any problem......When it comes to the left its always about hate for this president........I would love to see Jeb Bush run in 2008 and get 8 more years of a Bush presidency.........Would the torque the jaws of our left wing liberal friends in this forum............

Wow its nice to see the way the poll is running.........The President would win handily again...That is great to see..........

Navy Pride said:
That is all they have, whinning and complaining with no solutions for any problem......When it comes to the left its always about hate for this president........I would love to see Jeb Bush run in 2008 and get 8 more years of a Bush presidency.........Would the torque the jaws of our left wing liberal friends in this forum............

I think I've had this discussion before but I'll say it again GET YOUR OWN BUSH I live in Florida and we don't need some Dem coming in here and screwing up all the good worK j.k. I'm still rooting for Mccain but I don't know if he'll get the nomination.

I think I've had this discussion before but I'll say it again GET YOUR OWN BUSH I live in Florida and we don't need some Dem coming in here and screwing up all the good worK j.k. I'm still rooting for Mccain but I don't know if he'll get the nomination.

I know, Jeb is not going to run but wouldn't be ironic and did...........The Liberals would go crazy......

Back
Top Bottom