• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

If election 2004 were held today, who would you vote for?

If election 2004 were held today, who would you vote for?

• George Bush

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • John Kerry

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Ralph Nader

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
Caine said:
Just because someone votes against Roberts doesn't make them liberal.

It sure does make them Conservative.....Have you even looked at the 22 Senators who voted against Roberts?

26 X World Champs said:
There's an indisputable level of intelligence to the thought process that arrives at the conclusion that any vote is a wasted vote.

Mr. Pride, would you care to explain your thinking to the good people of Iraq? I mean all of those people who risked their lives to vote their conscience regardless if their candidate had a chance to win were wasting their vote AND risking their lives?

You're a frickin' genius Navy Pride!

Wow, I thought you were among the Cut and Run People when it comes to Iraq..........Now you seemed to think the vote process was good......Welcome aboard.......

As far as the people in Iraq and their vote I have no clue who the favorite was there so I can't tell you or not if it was a wasted vote.........I know they were voting for and assembly of people.........

Thanks for the compliment.......:lol:

Navy Pride said:
Wow, I thought you were among the Cut and Run People when it comes to Iraq..........Now you seemed to think the vote process was good......Welcome aboard.
I guess you were wrong again, how surprised am I? You (not Republicans), but YOU seem unable to process that people like me are against the war in Iraq and for the people of Iraq and Pro Democracy. It seems that you are unable to intellectualize beyond the obvious unintelligent generalizations. It seems like every one of your posts tries to put down Democrats, calling people names, using the term "your girlfriend" whether it's Hillary or Cindy Sheehan or any othe Democrat of the moment.

You keep asking for Conservative Democrats, but what is that? You seem to think it means someone who agrees with Conservative Republicans, but that would make that person a Republican, i.e. Zell Miller, not a Democrat.

You're still ignoring my questions, though you have no problem demanding answers from others in this community? Why is that Mr. Pride? Me thinks you have TOO MUCH PRIDE to admit that you posted untruths that were unsubstantiated and your PRIDE is preventing you from admitting that what you wrote was completely, factually, incorrect.

Is that what Navy Pride is all about? Inquiring minds want to know.

26 X World Champs said:
I guess you were wrong again, how surprised am I? You (not Republicans), but YOU seem unable to process that people like me are against the war in Iraq and for the people of Iraq and Pro Democracy. It seems that you are unable to intellectualize beyond the obvious unintelligent generalizations. It seems like every one of your posts tries to put down Democrats, calling people names, using the term "your girlfriend" whether it's Hillary or Cindy Sheehan or any othe Democrat of the moment.

You keep asking for Conservative Democrats, but what is that? You seem to think it means someone who agrees with Conservative Republicans, but that would make that person a Republican, i.e. Zell Miller, not a Democrat.

You're still ignoring my questions, though you have no problem demanding answers from others in this community? Why is that Mr. Pride? Me thinks you have TOO MUCH PRIDE to admit that you posted untruths that were unsubstantiated and your PRIDE is preventing you from admitting that what you wrote was completely, factually, incorrect.

Is that what Navy Pride is all about? Inquiring minds want to know.

Did you know that your hero President Clinton was for regime change in Iraq? Did you know that Hillary supports the war in Iraq? Did you know that if we had not invaded Iraq that Sadam would still be running things, murdering thousands in shredders and his 2 fine sons raping 12 year old girls?

Hey and where is you apology on the 9th circuit? How conventiently you ignore that.......

Oh and what question are you talking about?

Navy Pride said:
Did you know that your hero President Clinton was for regime change in Iraq? Did you know that Hillary supports the war in Iraq? Did you know that if we had not invaded Iraq that Sadam would still be running things, murdering thousands in shredders and his 2 fine sons raping 12 year old girls?

Hey and where is you apology on the 9th circuit? How conventiently you ignore that.......

Oh and what question are you talking about?

Actually, while Saddam was a dispicable individual, the murder rate in Iraq is actually higher now than it was before we went in.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Actually, while Saddam was a dispicable individual, the murder rate in Iraq is actually higher now than it was before we went in.[/QUOTE

Since you provided no link to prove that info I don't know if its true or not but if it is it is not the U.S. that is doing all the murdering but the terrorists in the country.......

I think no one actually knows how many people Saddam and sons murdered...They are still finding mass graves.......

One thing I can say though is that I don't think many 12 year old girls are being raped in front of their parents or anyone is being fed into shredders feet first......

I put other. Last year, I was totally behind Kerry. I think he has lost his momentum and will not be able to gain it. I do like his stance on social and environmental issues.

I would vote for Russell Feingold (senator from Wisconsin).

Navy Pride said:
SouthernDemocrat said:
Actually, while Saddam was a dispicable individual, the murder rate in Iraq is actually higher now than it was before we went in.[/QUOTE

Since you provided no link to prove that info I don't know if its true or not but if it is it is not the U.S. that is doing all the murdering but the terrorists in the country.......

I think no one actually knows how many people Saddam and sons murdered...They are still finding mass graves.......

One thing I can say though is that I don't think many 12 year old girls are being raped in front of their parents or anyone is being fed into shredders feet first......
See this is the problem with the radical right. Everything is not just black and white. My point was that it does not matter who is doing all the killing, but rather that we have just traded one problem for another. Saddam was a horrible guy, but his secular brutality kept the islamic thugs in check. So really, they are no safer today in Iraq than they were when he was in power. So now, you dont have Saddam killing people anymore, you just have all those terrorist thugs doing it and they are even more indiscriminate than he was.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Navy Pride said:
See this is the problem with the radical right. Everything is not just black and white. My point was that it does not matter who is doing all the killing, but rather that we have just traded one problem for another. Saddam was a horrible guy, but his secular brutality kept the islamic thugs in check. So really, they are no safer today in Iraq than they were when he was in power. So now, you dont have Saddam killing people anymore, you just have all those terrorist thugs doing it and they are even more indiscriminate than he was.

Again that is your opinion........I don't call you the radical left......Why do you call me the radical right? I consider people who murder abortion doctors and bomb buildings in Oklahoma City the radical right........I condemn those acts strogly.......Have I lumped you with nut cases like Michael Moore or Ward Churchill who are left wing whackos?

As far as Iraq goes I think the jury is still out......You on the left in the media keep saying its a failure there but that is not what the troops tell me that I talk too and living close to Fort Lewis Army post I talk to a lot of them..

The problem with your party is all you do is critcize but you don't offer any solutions to the problems whether its in Iraq or New Orleans.........

I personally would vote for Bush again, mainly because their is not a viable alternative to Bush. Kerry was inconsistent where one day he was supporting the war and the next day he was not. He would vote to authorize troops to go to war then turn around and vote against funding the troops. Generally, when I vote, I choose the man that is consistent and can make a decisive decision. Though I don't agree with Bush's Iraq policy, he is able to make a decision, stick with it and be decisive. Not being able to make a decision is more dangerous than making the wrong decision. Bush was able to make a decision where Kerry is not.

TimmyBoy said:
I personally would vote for Bush again, mainly because their is not a viable alternative to Bush. Kerry was inconsistent where one day he was supporting the war and the next day he was not. He would vote to authorize troops to go to war then turn around and vote against funding the troops. Generally, when I vote, I choose the man that is consistent and can make a decisive decision. Though I don't agree with Bush's Iraq policy, he is able to make a decision, stick with it and be decisive. Not being able to make a decision is more dangerous than making the wrong decision. Bush was able to make a decision where Kerry is not.

This is a common problem with peopl who look at the basic information and make general assumptions.

Kerry himself explained why he would sometimes look like a "flip-flopper"
This is because, in some of the bills there were parts of that piece of legislation that he didn't agree with. The funding might have been too high of an amount, putting us furthur in debt and ruining social security and he might not have agreed that the amount was right, he may have believed there was a better way to attempt to cover the cost of the bill, since most bills have a mention of where the money is comming from.
Im not going to tell you why for every one of his bills cause I don't know. But I do know I hate it when people look at the basic information and make general assumptions that he is against this or against that in general just because he doesn't agree with that particular bill.

Caine said:
This is a common problem with peopl who look at the basic information and make general assumptions.

This is because, in some of the bills there were parts of that piece of legislation that he didn't agree with. The funding might have been too high of an amount, putting us furthur in debt and ruining social security and he might not have agreed that the amount was right, he may have believed there was a better way to attempt to cover the cost of the bill, since most bills have a mention of where the money is comming from.
Im not going to tell you why for every one of his bills cause I don't know. But I do know I hate it when people look at the basic information and make general assumptions that he is against this or against that in general just because he doesn't agree with that particular bill.

Kerry was a joke in his hunting clothes and his wind surfing..He flip flopped on every issue.................Every time he opened his big mouth he put his foot in it..........

Navy Pride said:
Kerry was a joke in his hunting clothes and his wind surfing..He flip flopped on every issue.................Every time he opened his big mouth he put his foot in it..........

If your not going to bring something intelligent to the table, then don't bother posting this garbage.

Caine said:
If your not going to bring something intelligent to the table, then don't bother posting this garbage.

I know the truth hurts to you Kerry Lovers......He was a big stiff bore who lied about his military record and got caught in the lie by a bunch of guys that served with him and some medal of honor winners........

Your boy lost big time get use to it.........

Now can we get back on topic..........

Navy Pride said:
I know the truth hurts to you Kerry Lovers......He was a big stiff bore who lied about his military record and got caught in the lie by a bunch of guys that served with him and some medal of honor winners........

Your boy lost big time get use to it.........

Now can we get back on topic..........

Yes, because you were the one to bring us off topic so that you could insult and smear Kerry's name some more, and not even discuss what I mentioned about him.

Caine said:
Yes, because you were the one to bring us off topic so that you could insult and smear Kerry's name some more, and not even discuss what I mentioned about him.

Well you know if Jesus Christ ran on the Democratic Ticket, I would be willing to bet that in no time there would be a group formed called "The Other Apostles" and we would be hearing charges from Limbaugh and Hannity like "Jesus claims he was crucified, but now that these other 40 Apostles have came forward, I don't think we can consider his claims believable. If he really was crucified, then why is it that only 12 out of what Fox News is reporting to be a total of 52 Apostles support his claims."

Navy Pride said:
Like your posts that make claims that are completely untrue, made up fallacies?:lol:

Only a loser lies, gets caught, and then refuses to own up to gettng busted, you know? Everyone makes mistakes, stupid ones at that, but people who are not so full of PRIDE have the ability to act like an adult and admit they were wrong, it's cleansing and it uplifts people opinion of the person who made the mistake because at least they showed the intelligence to admit they were incorrect.

:2no4:

SouthernDemocrat said:
Well you know if Jesus Christ ran on the Democratic Ticket, I would be willing to bet that in no time there would be a group formed called "The Other Apostles" and we would be hearing charges from Limbaugh and Hannity like "Jesus claims he was crucified, but now that these other 40 Apostles have came forward, I don't think we can consider his claims believable. If he really was crucified, then why is it that only 12 out of what Fox News is reporting to be a total of 52 Apostles support his claims."

I have one thing to say to that.......
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

SouthernDemocrat said:

SD, you seem like a reasonable guy/girl........I enjoy debating with you but don't get influenced by some in this forum who have gone off the deep end of the far left and are just Bush haters and no more........They have no solutions, no answers its just Bash the President..........

I don't listen to Hannity or Limbaugh and I hope you don't listen to Air America.......The Radio talk show I listen to is Michael Medved.......He is a Conservative but I don't think he is far right.....

I hope we can continue our reasonablbe debate.......

Navy Pride said:
SD, you seem like a reasonable guy/girl........I enjoy debating with you but don't get influenced by some in this forum who have gone off the deep end of the far left and are just Bush haters and no more........They have no solutions, no answers its just Bash the President..........

I don't listen to Hannity or Limbaugh and I hope you don't listen to Air America.......The Radio talk show I listen to is Michael Medved.......He is a Conservative but I don't think he is far right.....

Yes, because we've seen your reasonable debating skills.... Ahem.. lets see.

Caine said:

This was your reasonable response.....

Navy Pride said:

I rest my case.

Navy Pride said:
Doesn't a debate involve writing posts that are based in truths rather than made up "facts" and consistent name calling? How is it reasonable if a poster is constantly calling his foes names and making false statements backed by nothing or uncreditable sources?

If one debates by belittling his opponents every chance he gets is that what you consider to be "reasonable debate"? Here's some of what Navy Pride has written very recently:
Navy Pride said:
I just hope your liberal cronnies in the senate feel the same way you do but sadly somehow I don't think they will
Navy Pride said:
You are in a state of denial my friend.........Seek help.........take care.
Navy Pride said:
As far as name calling goes I just calls em as I sees wm and you my friend are a lib.
Navy Pride said:
See I did not call you a liberal or a lefty.
Navy Pride said:
You liberals really take the cake......You have no problem with a maried man with a family with a daughter almost as old as Monica and old enough to be her Grandfather getting BJs in the oval office while at work.
Navy Pride said:
And yours are all whack jobs far out left wing liberal bleeding hearts.
All these in the last day or so and all I did was do a search for your posts with the word LIBERAL. I can find so many more of your posts that you reduce your "debate" to name calling and belittling. Shall I prove that too?

26 X World Champs said:
Doesn't a debate involve writing posts that are based in truths rather than made up "facts" and consistent name calling? How is it reasonable if a poster is constantly calling his foes names and making false statements backed by nothing or uncreditable sources?

If one debates by belittling his opponents every chance he gets is that what you consider to be "reasonable debate"? Here's some of what Navy Pride has written very recently:

All these in the last day or so and all I did was do a search for your posts with the word LIBERAL. I can find so many more of your posts that you reduce your "debate" to name calling and belittling. Shall I prove that too?

Its all the truth...Why is it name calling to call you a liberal.........Its not if you call me a conservative.............I will never understand why you liberals are so ashamed to be called what you are......Stand up and be counted.........be a man/woman..............

Navy Pride said:
I will never understand why you liberals are so ashamed to be called what you are.
Why are so ashamed that you cannot admit that you've made multiple posts that contained lies and were completely based on falsehoods? Are you too ashamed to be called what you are? :violin:

26 X World Champs said:
Why are so ashamed that you cannot admit that you've made multiple posts that contained lies and were completely based on falsehoods? Are you too ashamed to be called what you are? :violin:

You notice he hasn't even bothered to respond to my post which pointed him out on his lack of debating....

After everything that has happened its nice to see the President with a nice lead in the poll..................

Back
Top Bottom