• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Democrats Did This It Would Be Genius (They Won't)

Geoist

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Beau of the Fifth Column has a great idea in how to have the DNC respond to the GOP refusing to debate for the upcoming election: Invite Libertarian Party candidates to debate the Democrats instead. This would pull GOP votes towards the LP. It is a win-win for Democrats. Will the DNC do it, though? 99.9% chance they won't.

Democrats would never willingly go head-to-head with libertarian. Dems HATE libertarians. Even more than the republicans hate libertarians! :LOL:

Beau of the Fifth Column has a great idea in how to have the DNC respond to the GOP refusing to debate for the upcoming election: Invite Libertarian Party candidates to debate the Democrats instead. This would pull GOP votes towards the LP. It is a win-win for Democrats. Will the DNC do it, though? 99.9% chance they won't.

Uhhh...that's specifically what they DON'T want to do, either major party. There is one thing they have had more bi-partisan effort on than nearly anything else, and that is keeping any 3rd party out of the debates and out of the conversation.

Democrats would never willingly go head-to-head with libertarian. Dems HATE libertarians. Even more than the republicans hate libertarians! :LOL:
I would be curious to have libertarian candidates explain why they support open borders.

Why don't republican P-USSIES want to debate?

What are the pathetic little republican "snowflakes" cryin' about now?
Diapered sociopaths have ZERO business calling anyone p-ussies, except each other.

Keep the bullshit localized. ;)

I would be curious to have libertarian candidates explain why they support open borders.
You would probably get an answer similar to this:

"Libertarians believe that people should be able to travel freely as long as they are peaceful. We welcome immigrants who come seeking a better life. The vast majority of immigrants are very peaceful and highly productive.

Indeed, the United States is a country of immigrants, of all backgrounds and walks of life…some families have just been here for more generations than others. Newcomers bring great vitality to our society.

Of course, if someone has a record of violence, credible plans for violence, or acts violently, then Libertarians support blocking their entry, deporting, and/or prosecuting and imprisoning them, depending on the offense."

source: https://www.lp.org/issues/immigration/

That is exactly what the Democrats should do. I am pessimistic that they will do it, however.

Diapered sociopaths have ZERO business calling anyone p-ussies, except each other.

:rolleyes:

Pathetic little republican p-ussies ---> That big meanie moderator asks hard questions. He must be a lib-rul. I want my mommy!!! 😭 😭 😭

Uhhh...that's specifically what they DON'T want to do, either major party. There is one thing they have had more bi-partisan effort on than nearly anything else, and that is keeping any 3rd party out of the debates and out of the conversation.

You're missing the point. The DNC wouldn't be bringing the Green Party on to debate. They'd be bringing the Libertarian Party on to debate. The LP is going to be swaying conservative viewers, taking away GOP votes in the process.

Why don't republican P-USSIES want to debate?

What are the pathetic little republican "snowflakes" cryin' about now?
They know they have no platform except to pander to the racists, moronic, selfish Taliban shithead base of theirs. The red states are working hard to suppress votes and rig future elections in favor of reps. They know they have courts to do their bidding and allow it.

And their deplorable base does not care about facts at all, and are doubling down on the whininess that they are victims when they are the perps

Is that harsh? no, its 100% facts and anybody wants to whine otherwise or give me the both sides BS can shove it. The attacks on shitty republicans are 100% fact based, unlike the fictional hate moronic republicans have on the other side because that's what they have been told to believe for decades

^Also missing the point.

Couldn't hurt. Anything that keeps the RNC temper tantrum in the news works for me.

You would probably get an answer similar to this:

"Libertarians believe that people should be able to travel freely as long as they are peaceful. We welcome immigrants who come seeking a better life. The vast majority of immigrants are very peaceful and highly productive.

Indeed, the United States is a country of immigrants, of all backgrounds and walks of life…some families have just been here for more generations than others. Newcomers bring great vitality to our society.

Of course, if someone has a record of violence, credible plans for violence, or acts violently, then Libertarians support blocking their entry, deporting, and/or prosecuting and imprisoning them, depending on the offense."

source: https://www.lp.org/issues/immigration/
Not a very good reason if you ask me.

No illegals should be the policy.

The non violent ones can apply to arrive legally.

God I remember that so well.

Reactions: Ren
Love the projection coming from right-wingers. Literally have one of the biggest conservative media voices out in public wearing diapers. You cons would be exploiting that photo for decades if it was a liberal/leftist.
Projection talk coming from the biggest projectors the world has ever known. lol

You are on the wrong side of every f***** debate. How does that feel? It can't feel good, so that must be why your side has gotten so comfortable with spreading confusion.

For the same reason you support open borders between US states.
Just in time to edit this response as I misread your post earlier....

Not the same reason. People in states are US citizens. Illegals crossing from Mexico, Canada, the gulf etc are not.

Last edited:

This guy is brilliant. That's EXACTLY what the Democrats should do! If only 2% - 3% of moderate right and independent voters decide to vote for the libertarian candidate they see on TV, it hurts the Republican Party tremendously.

And it also sends another message -- Republicans are too cowardly to defend their racist, corrupt beliefs on TV.

I've been hoping that some of the Never Trumper Republicans would start a third party before the 2022 midterms in order to siphon off 3% - 5% of Republican votes, but unfortunately that has not happened.

This is a "self-inflicted" wound for the Republican Party, as the speaker stated. Just like the Republicans' idiotic decision to pull out of the Jan 6 Committee.

Last edited:
You're missing the point. The DNC wouldn't be bringing the Green Party on to debate. They'd be bringing the Libertarian Party on to debate. The LP is going to be swaying conservative viewers, taking away GOP votes in the process.
They are more likely to pull from moderate Democrats/liberals, imo, as it's a debate. That means the Libertarian will be going after the Democrat saying why they shouldn't be voted for.

Speak for yourself. I know who I hate the most -- the Republican Traitor Party that tried to overthrow my government on Jan 6. **** them all.

Back
Top Bottom