• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Conservatives fear government tyranny, why do they reject the concept of systemic racism?

Yes_Minister

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If Conservatives fear government tyranny, why do they reject the concept of systemic racism? Systemic racism is state oppression directed against African Americans and other minorities and if conservatives are going to say it doesn't exist, why do you assume that? If you are wrong and systematic racism exists, are you not supporting or at least ignoring the oppression of minorities?

Do conservatives apply their small-government ideology to minorities? How many African Americans believe structural racism does not exist?

If Conservatives fear government tyranny, why do they reject the concept of systemic racism? Systemic racism is state oppression directed against African Americans and other minorities and if conservatives are going to say it doesn't exist, why do you assume that? If you are wrong and systematic racism exists, are you not supporting or at least ignoring the oppression of minorities?

Do conservatives apply their small-government ideology to minorities? How many African Americans believe structural racism does not exist?
We reject the concept because it doesn't stand up to the slightest critical inspection. The vast majority of laws, rules and regulations speak in opposition to racism. Conservatives advocate EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, e.g. everyone gets an equal chance, not equal outcome - which seems to be the left's sole metric

We reject the concept because it doesn't stand up to the slightest critical inspection. The vast majority of laws, rules and regulations speak in opposition to racism. Conservatives advocate EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, e.g. everyone gets an equal chance, not equal outcome - which seems to be the left's sole metric
Right wingers SAY they are for equal opportunity, then let LOCATION determine school etc opportunity and ALWAYS push to eliminate state taxes. Then they act stupid about screwed opportunity, and declare all bad luck is earned. When ALL the folks in groups, but TOKEN examples are less than, to say they are just INFERIOR, is disingenous, cynical, and RACIST.

Right wingers SAY they are for equal opportunity, then let LOCATION determine school etc opportunity and ALWAYS push to eliminate state taxes. Then they act stupid about screwed opportunity, and declare all bad luck is earned. When ALL the folks in groups, but TOKEN examples are less than, to say they are just INFERIOR, is disingenous, cynical, and RACIST.
Pure nonsense.

Did you look at those articles I posted? Why does the US have the biggest prison population in the world and is it made up mostly of minorities? Why do black people recieve harsher sentences than white people from the courts?

Are those things fair and just in your opinion? Is that small government in action?

Did you look at those articles I posted? Why does the US have the biggest prison population in the world and is it made up mostly of minorities? Why do black people recieve harsher sentences than white people from the courts?

Are those things fair and just in your opinion? Is that small government in action?
None of which relates to the thread's question.

Because one thing conservatives really really love more than failed economic theory is racism.

None of which relates to the thread's question.

How do you figure that? How is racial bias in the courts or the prison system not a facet of state power that can be used against minorities?

This is how it was in parts of the country as late as the 1960s. That mentality still exists in many people and their children who resisted change during that period:

1c6782702a1055f31302eb4cd84605cf.jpg

It’s called racism.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is how it was in parts of the country as late as the 1960s. That mentality still exists in many people and their children who resisted change during that period:

1c6782702a1055f31302eb4cd84605cf.jpg

It’s called racism.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"As late as the '60's? You mean fifty years ago?

Do you comprehend that government power can protect racism? And if you do comprehend that, do you do anything to watch and rebel if you see racial injustice being protected and perpetuated by the government?

If Conservatives fear government tyranny, why do they reject the concept of systemic racism?
Systemic racism was eliminated by Obama and Holder at the federal level. Systemic racism in the blues cities where blacks die is maintained by Democrat mayors, Democrat state attorneys, and Democrat police supers.

Pure nonsense.
I actually don’t believe there is equal opportunities in America. I also believe, if pressed, any honest conservative would admit it

Systemic racism was eliminated by Obama and Holder at the federal level. Systemic racism in the blues cities where blacks die is maintained by Democrat mayors, Democrat state attorneys, and Democrat police supers.

How do you explain this then?

Why does Conservatives' fear of "big government" never apply to systemic racism? Do conservatives apply this ideology to minorities?

How do you explain this then?

Why does Conservatives' fear of "big government" never apply to systemic racism? Do conservatives apply this ideology to minorities?
I will not debate "systemic racism" until it's defined. I am sure you will be able to do it with relative ease.

I will not debate "systemic racism" until its legal definition is posted.

I suppose you would rather play semantic games then address my article.

What would you accept as a ''legal definition'' of structural racism? Is it even a legal term or a sociological one? Does this count:

Or this?

Also, how is this small government?

For all the conservative fear of ''big government'', it seems like they want to close their eyes and ears to state power being used against minorities, why is that?

I suppose you would rather play semantic games then address my article.

What would you accept as a ''legal definition'' of structural racism? Is it even a legal term or a sociological one? Does this count:

Or this?

Also, how is this small government?

For all the conservative fear of ''big government'', it seems like they want to close their eyes and ears to state power being used against minorities, why is that?
No definition, no debate.

No definition, no debate.

Then you are forfeiting then?

Okay about this:

Structural Racism Definition: Structural Racism in the U.S. is the normalization and legitimization of an array of dynamics – historical, cultural, institutional and interpersonal – that routinely advantage whites while producing cumulative and chronic adverse outcomes for people of color. It is a system of hierarchy and inequity, primarily characterized by white supremacy – the preferential treatment, privilege and power for white people at the expense of Black, Latino, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American, Arab and other racially oppressed people. Scope: Structural Racism encompasses

Is that good enough or not? Because that is what you get, I am not going to waste time playing semantic games with you.

What on Earth are you talking about? If liberals believe in systemic racism then why do they like chocolate?

What on Earth are you talking about? If liberals believe in systemic racism then why do they like chocolate?

What does chocolate have to do with anything?

One, I am a leftist, not a liberal.

Two, I am saying this idea that conservatives fear government tyranny and want to limit the power of the state is a giant lie, because they have no problem with government tyranny affecting people they don't like, such as minorities and members of the LGTB community.

The GOP has been using dog whistles to appeal to bigots since the 60s:

The Republican Law and Order agenda was designed to use the power of the state against black people:

The Republicans use bureaucracy and tactics like gerrymandering to deny black people their rights:

I am saying that black people are specifically excluded from the GOP's small-government ideology, which makes that ideology a farce. Republican small government ideology is made to benefit billionaires like Charles Koch, its never meant to help the black community.

What does chocolate have to do with anything?

One, I am a leftist, not a liberal.

Two, I am saying this idea that conservatives fear government tyranny and want to limit the power of the state is a giant lie, because they have no problem with government tyranny affecting people they don't like, such as minorities and members of the LGTB community.

The GOP has been using dog whistles to appeal to bigots since the 60s:

The Republican Law and Order agenda was designed to use the power of the state against black people:

The Republicans use bureaucracy and tactics like gerrymandering to deny black people their rights:

I am saying that black people are specifically excluded from the GOP's small-government ideology, which makes that ideology a farce. Republican small government ideology is made to benefit billionaires like Charles Koch, its never meant to help the black community.

My question was exactly like yours. It made no sense. That was my point.

My question was exactly like yours. It made no sense. That was my point.

And how does my question make no sense? How are the articles and videoes I posted about the GOP using state power against the black community incorrect? Why does the GOP's small government ideology never apply to people like George Flyod, Breonna Taylor, Philando Castile, etc?

Heck can you explain why the vast majority of African Americans do not vote for the GOP?

First off, Cons don't fear government tyranny so long as it is them that are in charge, they only fear Liberals being in charge. Many Cons fear People of Color, be it Black, Brown, or Red, and as such they will support the government imposing laws and regulations that discriminate against those groups as a whole because it makes them feel safer.

And how does my question make no sense? How are the articles and videoes I posted about the GOP using state power against the black community incorrect? Why does the GOP's small government ideology never apply to people like George Flyod, Breonna Taylor, Philando Castile, etc?

Heck can you explain why the vast majority of African Americans do not vote for the GOP?
There is no such thing as systemic racism. The very fact that so many people are against systemic racism is the very proof that racism isn't systemic. YOU are the proof.

Back
Top Bottom