• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Biden was a leader

Because raising the price of the thing your enemy wants to sell reduces his revenue somehow. Or Leadership! Something along those lines.
If nobody buys Russian oil how does Russia prosper from high oil prices?

Kick em while their down. You don't win wars by half measures. The Sherman philosophy is how you end wars. Complete and total devastation.

How much more devastated could the Russian economy get before they start slinging nukes around?

Cutting off Russia's main source of income is symbolism? Suck it up snowflake. Pay more for gas and drill more US oil and defeat Putin.
Two people have already posted links showing that Russian companies are finding it difficult to move their oil. Isn't that good enough?

(Gas is already going up, fyi)

And their economy is flatlining. They cannot sustain their war.

Even if we blockaded all oil from Russia, do you think that would end the war instantly?
Instantly? Pretty GD close yeah. Instead our half ass sanctions will allow Putin to outlast Ukraine resistance and thousands will needlessly die.

Trumpists today: Biden is weak, he should cut off the Russian oil supply!

Trumpists tomorrow: Damn, I had to pay $4.25/gallon for gas, damn you Biden!
They have no logical cohesion to their shrieking, its all just "ERMERGERD I HATE BERDEN!!!!" bwahahahahaha.

Pure reactionary creatures, Its sad.
Kinda reminds me of this.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell”

― Carl Sandburg

I'd change it a little to describe the Cult.

“If the facts are against you, make shit up. If logic is against you, whatabout them? If logic and the facts are against you, pound the table and threaten to shoot up the school board”

--Trained Sheep. baaaaaaa

Instantly? Pretty GD close yeah. Instead our half ass sanctions will allow Putin to outlast Ukraine resistance and thousands will needlessly die.

Source for your claim they would stop the war instantly if oil trade was blockaded?

Cutting off Russia's main source of income is symbolism? Suck it up snowflake. Pay more for gas and drill more US oil and defeat Putin.

At over 100$ a barrel, I don't think there will be a problem enticing crude producers in the US to increase production.

Two people have already posted links showing that Russian companies are finding it difficult to move their oil. Isn't that good enough?

(Gas is already going up, fyi)
Did you ever box or wrestle? When your opponent is on the ropes you go in for the kill. If you don't they have a way of rebounding.

How much more devastated could the Russian economy get before they start slinging nukes around?
even if Putin is that crazy, I doubt his generals are. we would probably survive due to the poor state of the Russian nuclear arsenal. They would be annihilated by our response.

Trumpists yesterday: Capitalism rulez! No government intervention!!

Trumpists today: We need more government intervention, capitalism is not enough!

Capitalists today: Say what?

even if Putin is that crazy, I doubt his generals are. we would probably survive due to teh state of the Russian nuclear aresenal. They would be annihilated by our response.

And if Russia’s economy totally collapses and the country devolves into civil war, what are their chances of survival then? Especially when one or more of their rivals will probably get their hands on tactical nukes?

Source for your claim they would stop the war instantly if oil trade was blockaded?
it would stop sooner, and that means less people die due to arms.

And if Russia’s economy totally collapses and the country devolves into civil war, what are their chances of survival then? Especially when one or more of their rivals will probably get their hands on tactical nukes?
still pretty good actually. we can make them understand the use of nukes is unacceptable, and act accordingly.

most of them probably want local power, not suicide.

Demonstrate the speed at which the conflict would stop under one set of circumstances and then the other.

You don't know that. No one does. It may well escalate it.

China holds the key and of course Xi knows this. Unless and until China picks a side, we can't predict what Putin would do.

still pretty good actually. we can make them understand the use of nukes is unacceptable, and act accordingly.

most of them probably want local power, not suicide.

And if they can get more power by nuking the military forces of their rival and taking over their territory?

Demonstrate the speed at which the conflict would stop under one set of circumstances and then the other.
since withholding his funds is our main way to combat him at this time , and appears to be working, it is logical that further lessening of his access to money can only speed along the process.

If Biden was a leader as his apologists constantly claim he is he would lead the world in cutting off all oil imports from Russia. He would rally America into a war time footing and coax his snowflake followers into sucking it up.
He'd at least temporarily ignore the AGW cult and unleash US oil production in America.
If Biden was a leader he'd set an example for the world and Russia wouldn't have the money to continue their invasion. Their economy would completely collapse and Putins corpse would dangle from a Russian bridge.
Unfortunately Biden is not a leader and eventually Ukraine will be overcome as Biden and NATO " protest in the strongest terms".
The US population isn't ready for that those gas prices.

Personally, I am finding myself more and more willing to accept that increased expense as my monthly pay exceeds my monthly budget by a comfortable amount. Not everyone can afford it though.

since withholding his funds is our main way to combat him at this time , and appears to be working, it is logical that further lessening of his access to money can only speed along the process.

So you have no way of showing the speed at which the fighting would stop under one rather than the other set of circumstances?

If Biden was a leader as his apologists constantly claim he is he would lead the world in cutting off all oil imports from Russia. He would rally America into a war time footing and coax his snowflake followers into sucking it up.
He'd at least temporarily ignore the AGW cult and unleash US oil production in America.
If Biden was a leader he'd set an example for the world and Russia wouldn't have the money to continue their invasion. Their economy would completely collapse and Putins corpse would dangle from a Russian bridge.
Unfortunately Biden is not a leader and eventually Ukraine will be overcome as Biden and NATO " protest in the strongest terms".
How long after he would have done something like that would you be here making a thread about how Biden is increasing gas prices?

lol

So this is the narrative that righties are ralling behind.

As if people could just stick a bunch of fracking wells in the ground, get the oil, and lower gas prices.

What a fascinating fantasy world righties live in!

Trumpists today: Biden is weak, he should cut off the Russian oil supply!

Trumpists tomorrow: Damn, I had to pay $4.25/gallon for gas, damn you Biden!

That's how rightist propaganda works. They don't really want to cut Putin's supply of oil. They just have BDS.

Back
Top Bottom