• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Biden Once Again Calls On Him For Help, Will James Taylor Be Ready To Go ?

Eatomus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It worked the last time, after all.
James taylor.jpg000000000000000000

I was gonna make a joke about the musician, presuming the subject was another. But the thread is as lame as my joke would have been and I've nowhere to go.

Okay, I got something.

Before Taylor was married to Carly Simon, he was engaged to a woman attending a mental health institution in California while he was living in New York. As a present, his best friends bought a plane ticket for her to come visit him and the plane crashed. That's what "Fire and Rain" is about.

That's not a joke. That's sad. But it's something.

The sight of John Kerry with hands folded would have rendered most people speechless. Yet James Taylor was able to soldier on. God bless James Taylor, so glad he got out of the mental hospital and made a decent life for himself.

It worked the last time, after all.
View attachment 67376470000000000000000000

Met James Taylor once. Real humble and approachable guy.

I was in the front row at one of his shows, and it was intermission. He said "I can go over behind that curtain there for 20 minutes, or I can just sit down here and talk to you guys."
And thats what he did, sat down right on the front of the stage with his legs dangling over, and talked to us. After awhile of that, he got up and started playing again. Never left the stage at all.
Talented guy. One time I said to myself "I'm going to get my guitar and learn to play some James Taylor songs."

Yeah. Those chords and techniques are not of this world. Now that I think about it...he uses a capo a lot. maybe thats why I was having such a tough time. Great songwriter, one of the best IMO.

Met James Taylor once. Real humble and approachable guy.

I was in the front row at one of his shows, and it was intermission. He said "I can go over behind that curtain there for 20 minutes, or I can just sit down here and talk to you guys."
And thats what he did, sat down right on the front of the stage with his legs dangling over, and talked to us. After awhile of that, he got up and started playing again. Never left the stage at all.
Talented guy. One time I said to myself "I'm going to get my guitar and learn to play some James Taylor songs."

Yeah. Those chords and techniques are not of this world. Now that I think about it...he uses a capo a lot. maybe thats why I was having such a tough time. Great songwriter, one of the best IMO.
So if Biden sends him it sounds like you think he can stop the aggression once again
1645661678665.png

Back
Top Bottom