• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Biden gets tougher on Russia, will GOP support him or use it to bash him?

In this time of need, tell ole Joe to open up drilling again in the USA.....take his knee off the neck of our energy independence and cease buying oil from scumbags.

They are a little leary of that and so are their investors and bankers. "Drill baby drill" didn't work out so good for them last time.

OPEC is about to open the spigot anyway. Price of oil is already falling.

Are you suggesting he use the DPA to force them to drill? There is nothing stopping them from resuming production and returning to pre covid levels.....nothing but their own business plans. So the only option Biden has is to force them to. Interesting you would find that type of government interference acceptable.

What?.....the only permits which are allowed to drill are the leases already in place when Biden signed the EO stopping any new oil permits. Since Joe is fighting gas and oil in the USA, the investors are not risking their money drilling on these locations because of his policies. He doesn't have to force them to drill, simply open up the permits again, return the Keystone pipeline, open up Americas energy.....then sit back and watch.

OPEC is about to open the spigot anyway. Price of oil is already falling.
The UAE has agreed to release more oil. Don't know about Saudi Arabia but perhaps Biden's back channel talks had some impact. Wouldn't that irk the Biden haters who would gladly pay more for gas than acknowledge Biden is using his position to push them.

What?.....the only permits which are allowed to drill are the leases already in place when Biden signed the EO stopping any new oil permits. Since Joe is fighting gas and oil in the USA, the investors are not risking their money drilling on these locations because of his policies. He doesn't have to force them to drill, simply open up the permits again, return the Keystone pipeline, open up Americas energy.....then sit back and watch.
Shockingly, you have your facts wrong. There has been as many new permits granted in Bidens first year at there was in Trump's first year. I believe in the neighbourhood of 9000 permits. I'll provide a source for you to ignore...

They are not drilling because of the political climate fostered by Biden and his administration.....investors reluctant to put up money because of steep regulations back in effect and the fact there is a strong possibility, even if they found oil and gas reserves, they will not be able to transport it out, because of Bidens shutting down pipelines in the States.....but meanwhile good ole Biden is buying oil from Russia, and now Iran and Venezuela, while screwing the American worker and our prosperity.....impeach the crooked SOB.
LOL, so you want President Harris, do you?

They are not drilling because of the political climate fostered by Biden and his administration.....investors reluctant to put up money because of steep regulations back in effect and the fact there is a strong possibility, even if they found oil and gas reserves, they will not be able to transport it out, because of Bidens shutting down pipelines in the States
That's precisely right. I have oil rights I found out about several years ago when I was contacted by a landman due to property once owned by a great or great, great grandparent. After providing proof that the person was indeed my family member, I negotiated a lucrative lease on behalf of me and my other involved family members. The price of oil was fairly high then but not as high as it is now. As has been discussed in this thread, VERY often those leases never result in a drilled well. So, over the years I negotiated more leases, as previous ones ran out. The lease bonuses varied based on the price of oil at the time and on the political "leasing/approval/regulation/drilling/transporting" environment. You might guess that when the price of oil went very low, those calls to me for new leases (and the lease bonuses) lessened and when the political stance on U.S. oil production turned notably negative - those calls for new leases ceased completely. Drillers are very unwilling to invest the huge amount of money needed to drill new wells when they are facing a political environment putting up roadblocks in regulations/transportation/future governmental obstacles and more! The price of oil may be sky high right now but the risk drillers face in this political climate is a huge roadblock. You'd think I'd be getting more lease calls than ever with the price of oil this high - but not one lately.

Typical leftist mantra.....blame everybody else. Release regulations, open up drilling again, permit new leases.....sit back and watch America work. But we can't have that?....can we?.....oh no, then the left will look like fools. Instead, let's blame everything and everybody else....the latest is Bidens blaming Russia for the rise in fuel prices, when we all know the price of gas has been going up, since the fool took office over his policy decisions. Price has gone up faster the last couple of weeks because of the war in Ukraine, but that is NOT the cause.....the lying sob's make me sick.
They're trying out one of their blame someone or something else "narratives" but it's falling flat on its face - and this one is falling really fast and really flat.

They're trying out one of their blame someone or something else "narratives" but it's falling flat on its face - and this one is falling really fast and really flat.
No blame at all. The oil companies have every right to make business decisions they find in the best interest of their shareholders. At this point in time their choice is to reinvest their lucrative profits in stock buybacks not expanded production. That may change if the price stays so high but for now they seem to be holding the course. It is not the left trying to blame someone, it is the right desperate to make this about Biden.

Apparently you don't........Im flattered.

If you derive your self image from the opinion of others, that is a problem you'll probably need to address.

Back
Top Bottom