• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Bernie Drops Out, is it Over?

Why on why are we continuing to pursue having 70 year olds run this country.

Am sorry but this job is too important for someone older than 70y. Face it your mind is not as sharp as it was in your younger years.

I think that is generally true but not always true. There are any number of people in their 70's and older whose minds are very sharp. Warren is a good example, Newt still has it. RBG isnt physically that well but her mind is as sharp as ever. Even Jimmy Carter at 95 seems pretty sound mentally. For Bernie, it is his physical health that seems to be the issue whereas with Biden, it is clearly his mental health. I think the problem with electing old people is that they are less likely to have kept up with the culture

No it's not over. It hasn't even really begun yet. It won't start until January. Bernie might be out, and perhaps Biden, but the folks that don't like Warren will jump to someone. Maybe Klobucher, maybe Buttigieg. Maybe even Yang. Who can say?

I predict this will still be a contest come March.

Yes it will be over. Elizabeth Warren will almost certainly win the nomination. It will then just be a dog and pony show to see who will best be the candidate to act as her running mate.

Biden is still doing well in polling... she'd have to fight it out with him.

Maybe Hillary will see this as her chance to make one more try. Wouldn't that be fun!

Republicans would love to see Hillary back in the race.

No, no one wants that. Even though I think Trump would beat her, I dont want to have to listen to her every day for the next 14 months.

Does anyone here remember when everybody thought Hillary Clinton was a shoe in?

Evidently lessons not learned.

View attachment 67265264

"Biden looking to be a disaster, Bernie looking to be on the decline, Warren looking to be unelectable... Interesting, verrry, interesting."

Speculation is starting to grow that the repeatedly failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton may try to
run for office once again as she has a full slate of media appearances scheduled next week.
The former First Lady is making appearances on CBS Sunday Morning, Stephen Colbert, and The View.

She is behind a lot of stuff we can't even guess about probably has had a hand in getting Biden out of the way.
Evidently she is confident that Comey, Mueller, and their cartel of criminals have destroyed a sufficient
amount of evidence that it is safe to try again.

Quid pro Joe 'ain't what he used to be' mentally, Bernie is hospitalized so only Warren is in her way &
wall street bigs have already asserted that if Warren is the nominee they'll stay home or support Trump.
The democrat party is in shambles and it is going to get worse. What's mildly entertaining is
that Hillary is on the edge of her seat looking for the signal to jump in there to save the day.

Yes it will be over. Elizabeth Warren will almost certainly win the nomination. It will then just be a dog and pony show to see who will best be the candidate to act as her running mate.

Potential candidates have until June to announce. There is no guarantee that any of the above will be the nominee.

Well certainly. But I do not think he has the fire in the belly to have it out with her and take the nomination. If Sanders drops out and most of his supporters flock to Warren, I think it is over for Biden.

Speculation is starting to grow that the repeatedly failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton may try to
run for office once again as she has a full slate of media appearances scheduled next week.
The former First Lady is making appearances on CBS Sunday Morning, Stephen Colbert, and The View.

She is behind a lot of stuff we can't even guess about probably has had a hand in getting Biden out of the way.
Evidently she is confident that Comey, Mueller, and their cartel of criminals have destroyed a sufficient

Quid pro Joe 'ain't what he used to be' mentally, Bernie is hospitalized so only Warren is in her way &
wall street bigs have already asserted that if Warren is the nominee they'll stay home or support Trump.
The democrat party is in shambles and it is going to get worse. What's mildly entertaining is
that Hillary is on the edge of her seat looking for the signal to jump in there to save the day.

The Clinton's don't like to lose, and they learn from their mistakes. Hillary has abandoned pants suits. Looks like a face lift, and no longer looks like a drunk stumbling into cars and down steps. She's also hitting the campaign stops. I'd give her even odds as the candidate at this point.

Bernie Sanders is having heart surgery. It's relatively minor, but his ability to campaign will be severely restricted and he was already losing ground. Joe Biden is getting hit by all the attention on Ukraine.

The third debate is in less than two weeks. Will it all be over except for the rituals?

Poll did not attach. Could a Mod add one: yes, maybe, no, other.

If Sanders drops out, yes, I can see most of Sander's support migrating to Warren; doubly so if he endorses Warren which he almost certainly will.

Joe will probably be done between his declining cognition, Ukraine, his steadily decaying polls, Warren's growth and this probable surge from Sander's camp.

I personally have concerns about Warren's electability, but I would vastly prefer her to Biden who I feel will be a liability by the time of the general as he is struggling to remember such things as Obama's name.

Bernie Sanders is having heart surgery. It's relatively minor, but his ability to campaign will be severely restricted and he was already losing ground. Joe Biden is getting hit by all the attention on Ukraine.

The third debate is in less than two weeks. Will it all be over except for the rituals?

Poll did not attach. Could a Mod add one: yes, maybe, no, other.
Wondering, did Bernie travel to Cuba for the surgery?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The Clinton's don't like to lose, and they learn from their mistakes. Hillary has abandoned pants suits. Looks like a face lift, and no longer looks like a drunk stumbling into cars and down steps. She's also hitting the campaign stops. I'd give her even odds as the candidate at this point.

12 candidates will be on stage in the next debate. The top sports books are betting that she has a better chance to
be the nominee than 6 of them,: In the last 2 days Clinton was the only one on the board that gained support,
2 days ago 33 to1 now is 28 to 1. Ibet by next week she’ll be 25 to 1

Elizabeth Warren-103
Joe Biden+353
Bernie Sanders+886
Andrew Yang+1015
Pete Buttigieg+1661
Kamala Harris+1966

Hillary Clinton+2869

Beto O Rourke+4000
Tulsi Gabbard+7167
Cory Booker+8000
Amy Klobuchar+8500

Steyer & Castro are on the stage but odds weren't calculated because their chances are 0!

12 candidates will be on stage in the next debate. The top sports books are betting that she has a better chance to
be the nominee than 6 of them,: In the last 2 days Clinton was the only one on the board that gained support,
2 days ago 33 to1 now is 28 to 1. Ibet by next week she’ll be 25 to 1

Elizabeth Warren-103
Joe Biden+353
Bernie Sanders+886
Andrew Yang+1015
Pete Buttigieg+1661
Kamala Harris+1966

Hillary Clinton+2869

Beto O Rourke+4000
Tulsi Gabbard+7167
Cory Booker+8000
Amy Klobuchar+8500

Steyer & Castro are on the stage but odds weren't calculated because their chances are 0!

I'm not going to lie, after having seen odd boards rate Buttigieg as a top tier candidate on par with Joe and Sanders at one point, I have very little confidence in them; save for the most obvious things, they just don't seem to be particularly prescient this far out.

I am inclined to agree with you, but it's possible that Mayor Pete takes off given he is out fundraising the rest of the field.

I am inclined to agree with you, but it's possible that Mayor Pete takes off given he is out fundraising the rest of the field.

The thing is Warren will also probably inherit much of Sanders' donor base as well, and he's been the most prolific fundraiser of them all, Buttigieg included.

Not really. There has been a significant fall off and his secondary numbers are not good. Basically, his only selling point is that he can beat Trump and that idea is not as convincing as it used to be.

It's possible but I don't think it likely.

The Democrat hopes for Winning in 2020 has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

No, it won't be over.

The DNC needs to keep the theater going until the middle of next year. The show will go on...act after act.

Now here is a man who understands the system. Donations, Ratings, Buzz. They will roll Berney out of the stage to attract the nursing home vote. They will sluff off Biden and his pathetic sons news like they did the emails disappearing with Clintons server.

The Show must go on and this is the show of shows. I personally am wondering what candidate will call Biden out in the next debate. I am not here to debate the legality of the JOE/HUNTER relationship in Ukraine and China, I am just saying someone should just call him out for the complete and utter stupidity of it.

If Sanders drops out then I think it's definitely going to be either Warren or Biden. I think eventually Biden's baggage and gaffes will catch up with him though and it will be Warren. I don't think Warren can beat Trump however. If Hillary couldn't then I doubt Warren can.

Back
Top Bottom