• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If a violent felon fires on police, should they "be allowed" to fire back?

Consider these facts:

The Breonna Taylor shooting case was considered by a grand jury today, who chose not to charge the police with murder. One cop was SEPARATELY charged with other crimes, but that was unrelated to the police officers who fired into the apartment where Taylor and her boyfriend lived.

The "news" media, democrats and especially BLM, have portrayed the events related to the shooting inconsistency and dishonestly. Their "narrative" goes like this: "the racist police showed up to Breonna's home, and arbitrarily murdered her for NO REASON, other than racism"!

First of all, B. Taylor was going out with a violent drug trafficker, and she'd been linked to his trafficking, because she'd been repeatedly seen in and out of her boyfriend's separate drug stash house.

More importantly, the police came to their apartment to serve a "NO KNOCK" arrest and search warrant, after conducting an investigation into the 2. They were allowed to just kick the door in without notifying the 2 suspects of their presence, but they CHOSE TO KNOCK ANYWAY.

After knocking and making their presence as cops known, Taylor's boyfriend grabbed his gun and began firing at the officers THROUGH THE CLOSED DOOR! So the police fired back, and unfortunately, unintentionally shot Breonna. It's obviously bad that she died, but she WOULDN'T have died if her boyfriend didn't fire at the police, and/or if she wasn't living with a violent drug trafficker!

The reasonable and rational grand jury understood these facts, and realized that the police were in the right to return fire, when being fired on! So they didn't charge the officers who shot into their apartment with murder, plain and simply. Contrary to the left's narrative, this was NOT a matter of an innocent black woman being killed for no reason by racist cops....

Should police have to just stand by and be murdered by violent criminals, or should they be able to fire back when fired upon?

Another thread just to tell us the Black woman got what was coming to her?

I agree that not seeking medical assistance for Miss Taylor is inexcusable. If depraved indifference is the crime, then I totally agree it can be charged. But from what I understand, it's very hard to prove. It has to be extreme indifference to be charged.

But I feel like a lot of people want the police charged for shooting Taylor. I think that was clearly an accident by a bunch of poorly trained officers.

IT was their judgement to begin blind firing because their judgement is based on Black lives not mattering.

And then what happens after the legal firearm owner shoots through his door at whoever is pounding down his door which happens to be the cops. Let me help, we probably have a dead legal firearm owner who was only trying to protect himself. And guess what happens to the cops who are at the wrong door and just killed an innocent person? Correct, nothing.
They were at the right door sorry

What more do you need to prove it other than the police officers own statements and actions, there buddy that took a bullet in the leg had treatment, triage immediately, Taylor laid in her own blood for 20-45 minutes while aide was rendered to the officer and the boyfriend was put in cuffs and charged promptly with attempted murder.
Then the incident report with Taylor with no injuries, then the no knock warrant becoming a knock and announce warrant, then the bribing of the criminal ex boyfriend, then no ballistics reports released.
I'm sorry but if they had rendered aide, not tried to cover up the bullshit, not tried to smear her name. I would be the first one here saying man this was tragic and those police officers did the best they could in a tough situation.

I agree that the main offense was not providing aid. As an officer, if you shoot the wrong person you should at least be very quick to render aid. But I heard that she could not have been saved due to the extent of her injuries and died one minute after being shot.

It's a tragic situation. Nothing can be done to bring Breonna back. I'm glad they got a settlement. Maybe more officers should be fired for not tending Breonna after they shot her. Glad to hear no knock is gone. Hopefully, more changes will be made. But I don't think charging the officers involved will do any good.

IT was their judgement to begin blind firing because their judgement is based on Black lives not mattering.

I agree it was terrible judgement. But is that incompetence or criminality? I tend to think it's incompetence.

An untrained person will panic and blind fire. They should be better trained. They should have better trigger discipline than to accidentally shoot an unarmed woman 6 times.

I agree it was terrible judgement. But is that incompetence or criminality? I tend to think it's incompetence.

An untrained person will panic and blind fire. They should be better trained. They should have better trigger discipline than to accidentally shoot an unarmed woman 6 times.

Criminality. A woman died. They didn’t even try to get her help.

And I just don’t agree this fits into an “oopsie” catagory. Lot of bad actors made lots of bad decisions to get here. WE pretend this stuff happens in a vacuum, but the local PD’s first pass at this was to cover it up completely. So we don’t know how much of htis is poor training or *the* training.

Their judgement in firing was based upon the fact they were fired upon.

Consider these facts:

The Breonna Taylor shooting case was considered by a grand jury today, who chose not to charge the police with murder. One cop was SEPARATELY charged with other crimes, but that was unrelated to the police officers who fired into the apartment where Taylor and her boyfriend lived.

The "news" media, democrats and especially BLM, have portrayed the events related to the shooting inconsistency and dishonestly. Their "narrative" goes like this: "the racist police showed up to Breonna's home, and arbitrarily murdered her for NO REASON, other than racism"!

First of all, B. Taylor was going out with a violent drug trafficker, and she'd been linked to his trafficking, because she'd been repeatedly seen in and out of her boyfriend's separate drug stash house.

More importantly, the police came to their apartment to serve a "NO KNOCK" arrest and search warrant, after conducting an investigation into the 2. They were allowed to just kick the door in without notifying the 2 suspects of their presence, but they CHOSE TO KNOCK ANYWAY.

After knocking and making their presence as cops known, Taylor's boyfriend grabbed his gun and began firing at the officers THROUGH THE CLOSED DOOR! So the police fired back, and unfortunately, unintentionally shot Breonna. It's obviously bad that she died, but she WOULDN'T have died if her boyfriend didn't fire at the police, and/or if she wasn't living with a violent drug trafficker!

The reasonable and rational grand jury understood these facts, and realized that the police were in the right to return fire, when being fired on! So they didn't charge the officers who shot into their apartment with murder, plain and simply. Contrary to the left's narrative, this was NOT a matter of an innocent black woman being killed for no reason by racist cops....

Should police have to just stand by and be murdered by violent criminals, or should they be able to fire back when fired upon?

They should NEVER fire back IF they cannot see .........

They were at the right door sorry

That's the most ridiculous, illegitimate analogy I've heard in months! 1)? NO RATIONAL PERSON shoots at people knocking on his/her door! 2). The police announce themselves when serving warrants. 3). Even if someone is banging on your door REALLY hard, you don't shoot through the freaking door in an apartment building, with other tenants nearby, without first determining who's knocking! 4). Being a drug trafficker automatically makes you an ILLEGAL GUN OWNER!

It amazes me how some people will deny an OBVIOUS case of self defense, while accepting obviously BOGUS examples of "self defense" like this one..... Oy vey

That's the most ridiculous, illegitimate analogy I've heard in months! 1)? NO RATIONAL PERSON shoots at people knocking on his/her door! 2). The police announce themselves when serving warrants. 3). Even if someone is banging on your door REALLY hard, you don't shoot through the freaking door in an apartment building, with other tenants nearby, without first determining who's knocking! 4). Being a drug trafficker automatically makes you an ILLEGAL GUN OWNER!

It amazes me how some people will deny an OBVIOUS case of self defense, while accepting obviously BOGUS examples of "self defense" like this one..... Oy vey

I am unaware that the boyfriend is being charged for firing upon the police.

I am unaware that the boyfriend is being charged for firing upon the police.

Sounds like he feels it’s a miscarriage of justice, unless I’m misunderstanding his argument.

YOu do realize that the question of how the hell they got a warrant needs to be answered. Yo base you whole OP laying little if no blame on the Police on the fat that they had a warrant. My question is what lies they told to get such a warrant and what evidence did they have, or use. You have to have some evidence of possible wrong doing to get such a warrant and I am wondering how they got one for going into a house in the middle of the night with a no knock or even a knock invasion of a persons home without just cause. They boyfriend was on his phone at the time after dialing 911 saying someone was breaking into his house. Why dod 911 not inform him it was the police and if they dod not know they should have.

Walker also states he never heard the announcement of police. This could be miscommunication. If sleeping when that was announced, it is possible neither heard it.

Regarding the shooting. Walker fired 1 time when the door was broken in.

Was there an effort on Walker (or Taylor) to identify themselves to the ex boyfriend they "allegedly" thought was attacking? Maybe say they have a gun and will shoot in defense? Do we agree there is a HUGE difference between one angry ex boyfriend kicking in a door and a SWAT team knocking down a door? Was there any communication that day from the angry ex boyfriend that would suggest an imminent attack? Probably not. Walker admits himself that he wasn't aware of who kicking the door down (he only assumed that it was an angry ex bf) before he shot a round off ....a round by the way that could have killed a neighbor or even a child (or an officer in this case).

Now, should we start a new thread to discuss the damage done by Democrat rioters in Louisville? Or maybe discuss the Democrat inspired shooter that shot 14 times and including 2 police officers? Or should I start a thread on Kamala Harris supporting the "protests" and wanting them to continue after the election?

The police had a legitimate reason to be there and had a lawful warrant.
They announced their presence. They were fired upon from behind a closed door. They returned fire.
A very terrible event. But nothing indictable on these police.
The one officer who was indicted was apparently firing from outside the building in the direction of the apartment. That was ridiculous and reckless and it is appropriate he was fired and indicted.
Actually the warrant they had should never have been allowed. It too was based on faulty information supplied by the police. It was based on supposed questionable packages being sent to the house by a postmaster. The real postmaster at that location, who is not the one the police said they got the information from, says there were no questionable packages.

Was there an effort on Walker (or Taylor) to identify themselves to the ex boyfriend they "allegedly" thought was attacking? Maybe say they have a gun and will shoot in defense? Do we agree there is a HUGE difference between one angry ex boyfriend kicking in a door and a SWAT team knocking down a door? Was there any communication that day from the angry ex boyfriend that would suggest an imminent attack? Probably not. Walker admits himself that he wasn't aware of who kicking the door down (he only assumed that it was an angry ex bf) before he shot a round off ....a round by the way that could have killed a neighbor or even a child (or an officer in this case).

Now, should we start a new thread to discuss the damage done by Democrat rioters in Louisville. Or the Democrat inspired shooter that shot 14 times and including 2 police officers? Or should I start a thread on Kamala Harris supporting the "protests" and wanting them to continue after the election?
Wow, you must have a different sleep experience than most. That is a lot of logical thoughts in the middle of the night as someone is breaking into your house. Lol

Regarding the protests, fully supporting the peaceful protests due to the lack of justice in this case is something I agree with.

Fully denouncing the violence and murder using this lack of justice as an excuse is something I also fully support.

People should not lose their ability to protest and be heard because of criminal behavior.

The hypocrisy is gross

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Now, should we start a new thread to discuss the damage done by Democrat rioters in Louisville? Or maybe discuss the Democrat inspired shooter that shot 14 times and including 2 police officers? Or should I start a thread on Kamala Harris supporting the "protests" and wanting them to continue after the election?
So you are saying that if someone breaks into your house you are going to ask, is that the police or are you someone just breaking into my house? Really? The police say that they announced themselves, but only one of twelve people say they heard the police do so. The funny think is that the one person who said he heard them said he did not hear them during his first two interviews, but then changes his tune after a third interview. I suspect after being "influenced" by the police to do so. The police can put a lot of pressure to get someone to do as they say in those neighborhoods.

Consider these facts:

The boyfriend who shot at the police has no record, so this OP is based on a lie.

Back
Top Bottom