• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If a transgender person has a penis are they a woman?

TaterTots

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I've noticed a lot of transgendered people with penises consider themselves women. Does this not go against the definition and biology? Would you consider a transgendered person with a penis a woman if they indentify as one? I could write up a paragraph, but the question would remain the same.

What I find amazing is that people are supposed to address them as women even if growing breasts and developing female features due to severe hormonal imbalance is something that naturally occurs in men. Nothing about the process changes a man to a woman since everything we are talking about is built into the code of the individual from the start.

On the rest of it, I see no good biological reason to consider them women after SRS surgery either considering that biologically speaking an SRS genitalia is different than a woman's vagina, their genetics is still male, and their body produces the same level of hormones as a castrated man without the pills. Taking some pills, cutting off your nuts and inverting your dick doesn't make you a woman biologically speaking, sorry MTF's.

Last edited:
I've noticed a lot of transgendered people with penises consider themselves women. Does this not go against the definition and biology? Would you consider a transgendered person with a penis a woman if they indentify as one? I could write up a paragraph, but the question would remain the same.

No. The differences are physical, not mental.

I have never met a person upon introducing themselves reveals their genitalia. Nor do I check.

I don't consider them women.

What I find amazing is that people are supposed to address them as women even if growing breasts and developing female features due to severe hormonal imbalance is something that naturally occurs in men. Nothing about the process changes a man to a woman since everything we are talking about is built into the code of the individual from the start.

On the rest of it, I see no good biological reason to consider them women after SRS surgery either considering that biologically speaking an SRS genitalia is different than a woman's vagina, their genetics is still male, and their body produces the same level of hormones as a castrated man without the pills. Taking some pills, cutting off your nuts and inverting your dick doesn't make you a woman biologically speaking, sorry MTF's.

I'm definitely leaning towards your idea. I cannot call someone with a penis a woman. You were brought into this world in a certain way. You attempting to change so does not make you a natural woman. I'm not trying to create a hate thread, but it goes against biology. You were not born with the possibility to bare child. You are simply not a natural woman. The same with women attempting to be male. You cannot naturally produce semen to create a child. Why pretend?

I have never met a person upon introducing themselves reveals their genitalia. Nor do I check.

What does this even mean? So, if you went out on a date with someone you believed to be female and later had the opportunity of sex and discovered a penis you would still consider him/her a female? Can you explain further?

Is she a woman depends on the situation.

If she wants to use the bathroom, and looks like a woman... then I would say she's a woman as far as public restroom courtesy goes.

If my brother is single and looking for a girlfriend, then I wouldn't tell my brother she is a woman. I would give him more information.

I'm definitely leaning towards your idea. I cannot call someone with a penis a woman. You were brought into this world in a certain way. You attempting to change so does not make you a natural woman. I'm not trying to create a hate thread, but it goes against biology. You were not born with the possibility to bare child. You are simply not a natural woman. The same with women attempting to be male. You cannot naturally produce semen to create a child. Why pretend?

What if somebody is born intersexed, but they identify with one gender more than the other? Is it OK for them to have surgery to make them anatomy correct? Will they just never be a man or woman? Will they still always be intersexed to you?

What if somebody is born intersexed, but they identify with one gender more than the other? Is it OK for them to have surgery to make them anatomy correct? Will they just never be a man or woman? Will they still always be intersexed to you?

They are intersexed. How does surgery on their genitals change that?

If she wants to use the bathroom, and looks like a woman... then I would say she's a woman as far as public restroom courtesy goes.

If my brother is single and looking for a girlfriend, then I wouldn't tell my brother she is a woman. I would give him more information.

How can you just be a woman and then not a woman depending on the situation? How does that even begin to make sense?

Why pretend that you aren't a bigot? Seriously.

What does this even mean? So, if you went out on a date with someone you believed to be female and later had the opportunity of sex and discovered a penis you would still consider him/her a female? Can you explain further?

She has the duty to let you know she's pre-op Trans. You have the right to choose to continue the relationship.

Why pretend that you aren't a bigot? Seriously.

How is respecting biological reality somehow being a bigot? :lamo Why do you think that activating code already existing in your body somehow makes you a woman? How does that work? In every other situation of hormonal imbalance in men we don't just magically say they are women, but for some reason when it comes to people like yourself we do. It's goofy and biologically wrong.

She has the duty to let you know she's pre-op Trans. You have the right to choose to continue the relationship.

The individual also has the duty to not be attempting to date straight men, but that doesn't seem to stop them.

The individual also has the duty to not be attempting to date straight men, but that doesn't seem to stop them.

That's a powerful dose of fear showing. Why so frightened? You could simply say "No thanks."

That's a powerful dose of fear showing. Why so frightened? You could simply say "No thanks."

How did I just show fear? The individual is male, and in reality they have no business attempting to date straight men. The fact that straight men have to deal with the possibility of accidentally dating/sleeping with one is not their fault, but is in fact the fault of the person that can't understand basic things like straight men want women and they're not one.

That's kinda ****ed up.

That's kinda ****ed up.

How in **** is that messed up? :lamo

Keeping her brother in the dark about the facts would actually pretty ****ing messed up.

How did I just show fear? The individual is male, and in reality they have no business attempting to date straight men. The fact that straight men have to deal with the possibility of accidentally dating/sleeping with one is not their fault, but is in fact the fault of the person that can't understand basic things like straight men want women and they're not one.

Thank them for the compliment, but you're not available. Have you considered what subconscious signals you may be sending out?

Thank them for the compliment, but you're not available. Have you considered what subconscious signals you may be sending out?

What are you talking about? Geez.

Really, dude, how often do you come across this in RL? If you saw a masculine looking woman, would you assume she's trans or accuse her of having a dick or not being a "real" woman? If not, just deal with the fact that you might, indeed, already have called someone a woman who's trans and it's not a big deal.

Really, dude, how often do you come across this in RL? If you saw a masculine looking woman, would you assume she's trans or accuse her of having a dick or not being a "real" woman?

It depends.

If not, just deal with the fact that you might, indeed, already have called someone a woman who's trans and it's not a big deal.

Actually it is kind of a big deal that people can't tell them apart. :shrug: The fact alone creates many problems that wouldn't otherwise exist.

It depends.

Actually it is kind of a big deal that people can't tell them apart. :shrug: The fact alone creates many problems that wouldn't otherwise exist.

I believe not being able to readily distinguish between a trans person and someone born the sex they're presenting themselves as is exactly what trans folks are aiming for. Now, when it comes to hooking up and relationships, they should be honest, but just day to day to dealing with people, it's no big deal if you've ever assumed someone to be born a woman or man who actually wasn't (born that way).

Back
Top Bottom