• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If a political candidate tweets...

Do you expect candidates to do their own tweeting?

• Total voters

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

...do you expect the candidate them self to be the tweeter, or are you ok with somebody else doing the actual tweeting in their name?

If it's their official twitter account than I assume all tweets are from them or approved by them.

I don't care because I ignore Twitter.

If it is in first person I certainly expect it to be by the actual person. Otherwise there needs to be some sort of clue, like signing it with the candidate's initials if it is by the candidate.

...do you expect the candidate them self to be the tweeter, or are you ok with somebody else doing the actual tweeting in their name?

As much as I expect a candidate to write thier own speeches

Twitter is just another communications mechanism so I assume in most cases politician's tweets are actually written by what folks handle communications for the politician.

I don't expect them to be the tweeter. I imagine they have people do it for them.

Anyone can tweet the politican's tweet unless he says he tweets his own tweets.

FWIW, Hillary's Twitter says that everything actually tweeted by her personally will end in "-H."

Trump's? I think they're actually his.

Think Trump tweeted this?

image.jpg

No, I not only don't EXPECT them to tweet, I would be amazed if they did.

FWIW, Hillary's Twitter says that everything actually tweeted by her personally will end in "-H."

Trump's? I think they're actually his.

That's correct. Hillary rarely posts to Twitter herself. Trump is addicted to it.

Think Trump tweeted this?

View attachment 67204808

No, I not only don't EXPECT them to tweet, I would be amazed if they did.

I think that's fake. There are no blue checkmarks by their names....but maybe they don't show up in the "threads" of tweets. Hmmmm...

That's correct. Hillary rarely posts to Twitter herself. Trump is addicted to it.

It's the ultimate narcissist platform.

I figured it might be.

Nevertheless, I would expect Trump to say that. And, yes, I believe he write and sends his own tweets. You can tell Hillary doesn't like with the "delete your account" tweet a few weeks back. That's a popular social media phrase with the younger generation -- she is too old to know about it.

Hey now --- I love Twitter.

I didn't say everyone on it is a narcissist, only that if you are one, it's the ultimate outlet.

And if I was Manafort or another staffer, I would cut off all of his access to Twitter. It gets him in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom