• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If A Foreign Country Meddles In Our Election Should That Election Be Nullified?

I don't believe we benefited from it, why, do you?

Did you vote for Trump? I believe plenty of Trump voters fully believe they benefitted from it, hence why they continue to claim it either A) Never happened, B) It will always happen so why bother complaining or C) We do it, so what difference does it make?

Did you vote for Trump? I believe plenty of Trump voters fully believe they benefitted from it, hence why they continue to claim it either A) Never happened, B) It will always happen so why bother complaining or C) We do it, so what difference does it make?

I voted against Hillary. I didn't need the Russians to convince me of that. She did.

I voted against Hillary. I didn't need the Russians to convince me of that. She did.

Why did you vote against Hillary?

I voted write in for Bernie. I would never vote for a spray tanned new york businessman to lead my country.

Why did you vote against Hillary?

I voted write in for Bernie. I would never vote for a spray tanned new york businessman to lead my country.

More reasons than I care to type here, so I'll name just one. She's a liberal.

Now think about this. First of all, we would probably not have any evidence that the meddling actually changed election results. We are also open to the following scenarios:

1. A foreign government could continuously meddle in our elections, nullifying every single election so no one would ever win, a constitutional crisis indeed.

2. A foreign government who wants to undermine our Democracy could continuously meddle in our elections, convincing voters that Democracy doesn't work, discouraging voters from voting.

3. If US law required a formula to determine if election results were changed due to foreign meddling then that formula would determine the actual winner. In other words, if this formula was the law then theoretically if a foreign country wanted to meddle in our election then they could, for example (in 2016), go on the offensive to get Hillary elected, knowing that the formula would actually cause Trump to be declared the winner instead due to said meddling.

4. We could sanction the guilty country. Oh wait, we've already done this and they still meddled.

5. We could declare war on the other country, even if it were to escalate into nuclear.

There is no mechanism to nullify an election for US president. Once the results have been certified, that is the end of it.

More reasons than I care to type here, so I'll name just one. She's a liberal.

Bland partisan reasoning. So you instead voted for a criminal philanderer, womanizing nepotistic despot who is only rich because his daddy gave him a hand out?

You know, real, factual things that happened in the past - quite unlike the vast quantity of fictitious nonsense published by right wing trolls and their russian minders about HRC?

Clinton was never a good candidate, but condemning her as a liberal is preposterous. Clinton is a goddamned neo-con feminist. A Davos-Tech corporate sell out.

She's about as Liberal as Mussolini.

There is no mechanism to nullify an election for US president. Once the results have been certified, that is the end of it.

The Presidency was condemned by the 2018 mid-terms. The GOP lost the house, and would have lost the senate had the democrats focused on the message of healthcare and legal weed over the trumpist nonsense of bait and counter punch.

Apparently it's not. The left have been attacking the legitimacy of the election before Trump even took office.

Bland partisan reasoning. So you instead voted for a criminal philanderer, womanizing nepotistic despot who is only rich because his daddy gave him a hand out?

You know, real, factual things that happened in the past - quite unlike the vast quantity of fictitious nonsense published by right wing trolls and their russian minders about HRC?

Clinton was never a good candidate, but condemning her as a liberal is preposterous. Clinton is a goddamned neo-con feminist. A Davos-Tech corporate sell out.

She's about as Liberal as Mussolini.

No, I was too young to vote for JFK.

Apparently it's not. The left have been attacking the legitimacy of the election before Trump even took office.

Oh noz! They said bad things about Trump!!!!!!! How will you ever cope?!?

Srsly, no one has seriously suggested the election be undone, nor is there a way to do that.

That looks like a VW Polo to me.

They may have stolen the the designs from KIA and changed a few cosmetic features...

The Presidency was condemned by the 2018 mid-terms. The GOP lost the house, and would have lost the senate had the democrats focused on the message of healthcare and legal weed over the trumpist nonsense of bait and counter punch.

Which does not nullify the election of Trump. He is still president. If he dies or leaves office before his term is up, his Vice President will take over. The result of the election is final.

Oh noz! They said bad things about Trump!!!!!!! How will you ever cope?!?

Srsly, no one has seriously suggested the election be undone, nor is there a way to do that.

Well, you know darn well that many outside and inside this forum have called the election illegitimate and that Trump is not the legitimate president. You don't actually deny that do you?

Which does not nullify the election of Trump. He is still president. If he dies or leaves office before his term is up, his Vice President will take over. The result of the election is final.

Yes, it is. And now we will have 2 years of obstructing the king of nothing.

His power has been curbed.

No, I was too young to vote for JFK.

Yeah, dodge, duly noted. Trump is a ****ing criminal, and you know it. You live in PA. If you lived in eastern PA I am sure you'd known about his towers being built by those he villified to get elected - illegal immigrants.

Pathetic.

Well, you know darn well that many outside and inside this forum have called the election illegitimate and that Trump is not the legitimate president. You don't actually deny that do you?

So because some people are prone to stupid hyperbole, you have to make a stupid thread?

Yes, it is. And now we will have 2 years of obstructing the king of nothing.

His power has been curbed.

If you really think his power is curbed, you are in for a very disappointing couple years.

Now think about this. First of all, we would probably not have any evidence that the meddling actually changed election results. We are also open to the following scenarios:

1. A foreign government could continuously meddle in our elections, nullifying every single election so no one would ever win, a constitutional crisis indeed.

2. A foreign government who wants to undermine our Democracy could continuously meddle in our elections, convincing voters that Democracy doesn't work, discouraging voters from voting.

3. If US law required a formula to determine if election results were changed due to foreign meddling then that formula would determine the actual winner. In other words, if this formula was the law then theoretically if a foreign country wanted to meddle in our election then they could, for example (in 2016), go on the offensive to get Hillary elected, knowing that the formula would actually cause Trump to be declared the winner instead due to said meddling.

4. We could sanction the guilty country. Oh wait, we've already done this and they still meddled.

5. We could declare war on the other country, even if it were to escalate into nuclear.

With regards to meddling, I think that the situation is rather strange in that we don't talk about Israeli or Saudi meddling regarding our elections, but are utterly outraged when the Russians do it.

With regards to meddling, I think that the situation is rather strange in that we don't talk about Israeli or Saudi meddling regarding our elections, but are utterly outraged when the Russians do it.

I feel like the outrage comes from how successful it seems to have been. I think we used to assume American meddling in foreign elections was fighting for freedom and democracy and that Americans would be too smart to be influenced by any foreign propaganda directed at our citizens. I suppose it's easier to be outraged at a faceless foreign power than at our fellow citizens who seem to have fallen for it.

We've already tried that but the left seems to not want to talk about that.

I would like a link showing the left is not interested in meddling in other country's elections. In fact, I would believe we have already done that many times. And, no, we do not nullify the election, but we also don't even discuss removing sanctions against a country that does it to us and we make a very major effort to see it does not happen again.

I feel like the outrage comes from how successful it seems to have been. I think we used to assume American meddling in foreign elections was fighting for freedom and democracy and that Americans would be too smart to be influenced by any foreign propaganda directed at our citizens. I suppose it's easier to be outraged at a faceless foreign power than at our fellow citizens who seem to have fallen for it.

I don't think anyone's fallen for anything. I mean, did Russia have the police go around engaging in extrajudicial killings? Did Russia pass a massive tax bill that screws over the average American? Did Russia go and create an economy that was so horrid, many people can't or can barely make ends meet?

Yeah, dodge, duly noted. Trump is a ****ing criminal, and you know it. You live in PA. If you lived in eastern PA I am sure you'd known about his towers being built by those he villified to get elected - illegal immigrants.

Pathetic.

Nope, south central. I voted for Trump anyway...anybody but Hillary.

It's about to be 2020 M.R., the Will of the people is obvious - Americans don't want unverified choices. Those nasty foreigners support them with lies and false information not checked by our Media and its perfect record of accuracy and objectivity. Those 10-30 million illegal are people too and are eligiable to vote[how dare you], they live in America and an expert judge read the constitution and feels as a living document it clearly protects their right to be here and be a full citizen and vote, intent. Oh and that Senate and Electoral Collage idea is silly and out of date, let the people speak, popular vote only. And those state running elections no no no - the foreigners can hack those and states can't afford to protect the vote - they need to be mail in and centralized, in fact to avoid suppression by those evil actors let's do it by online poll that is secured here in the USA.

Oh what's this "justice democrats"? I am sorry but the party needs to have her super delegates input before we can approve that. Their votes will be worth 1,000,000, this might seem unjust it allows us to better reflect their knowledge and experience and protect ourselves from infaltators from Russian [you don't want a Democrat Trump do you?].We can't stand for lying to the American people. BTW, as co-conspiriters as per our classified hearing all republicans bank-accounts will be now be seized, time for their greed to stop, we need free university and healthcare and its about time they pay their fair share. And and FYI, our Police now don't have any responsibility to protect you if you get attacked for being a NAZI Russian Colaberator, but no guns or self-defence due to the protests, the law knows who represents justice, trust us - it is the law.

Back
Top Bottom