• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IF a civil war really does break out?

What will you be doing if a civil war does break out?

• Total voters
I'd just sit back and watch since I left the U.S. long ago.
Where would the major battles take place? I'd suggest major cities would be the best place to fight.
I would think there would be public knowledge of what government business a local politician traveling abroad to Switzerland and France was conducting, or for that matter even outside the jurisdiction of her position.

I would think there would be public knowledge of what government business a local politician traveling abroad to Switzerland and France was conducting, or for that matter even outside the jurisdiction of her position.
???

Name a conflict the US has been involved in that was not inspired by profit mongering.

Do you think General President Eisenhower was some sort of nutter?
The Korean War for one. The bombings of Serbia for another. Eisenhower was not a "nutter". He was a great general. But being a great general does not make him an expert on this subject.

If a civil war did start I submit that it would be more like the Troubles in Northern Island.

Been saying much the same for something like five years.
True no border, no formal army arising out of secession, just an endless series of senseless random acts of violence and a dramatic uptick in gross malfeasance of justice where the perpetrators sidestep the justice that should be meted out to them, thus fueling even more of the same.

:rolleyes: *sigh* You said, "There were more Americans killed in the war between the states than WW1, WW2, Korea and Viet Nam combined." Killed implies they died in combat but I pointed out 2/3 died of disease. Now show me where I said anything like the bolded in the above quote. Oh wait, you can't because I didn't.

Hyperbole notwithstanding, January 6th was an insurrection but thankfully not a very well organized one. My point, since it obviously went over your head, is comparing a civil war 160 years ago to a modern one is false equivalence. Even if they were comparable, given modern medicine and sanitation, I agree there likely wouldn't be 600,000 or 400,000 or even 200,000 deaths in four years. (Course even with modern medicine, we've already lost over 1,000,000 to a single disease in less than three years.) But again, a current civil war won't be guys in blue and gray uniforms lining up and shooting at each other. It will be a guerilla war with terrorist attacks on both sides and all that takes is a wing nut group of big mouths inflaming the kooks. Yuck it up as much as you like but that's already underway. It hasn't been wiped out and won't be unless and until there's a treaty. But neither side is willing to compromise so the war just goes on and on. If it goes on long enough, we may hit 600,000 and more.
Whatever you say.😉

Be on the lookout for hoards of crazed liberals running the countryside, who think they now have the right to kill any and all political opponents.....keep armed and help those I can.
Don’t worry, we’re all cuck soyboys.

The Korean War for one. The bombings of Serbia for another. Eisenhower was not a "nutter". He was a great general. But being a great general does not make him an expert on this subject.
Yeah. There is indeed a military industrial complex. Maybe now it's a military technological complex, but it's clearly a for-profit complex. 1000%.

I'd move to another country, likely Germany.

My daughter is 13, my son is 10, and my nephew is 8. I am responsible for providing them the best start to their lives as possible, and that responsibility supercedes all others.

Forcing my family to live in economic instability and fear of mortal violence because 2 groups of idiots can't agree would be an immoral act.

Yeah. There is indeed a military industrial complex. Maybe now it's a military technological complex, but it's clearly a for-profit complex. 1000%.
How was the Korean conflict "for profit"?

Beyond the immediacy of weapons and equipment acquired for it that is.

Or the U.S. involvement against Serbia in the 1990s?

How was the Korean conflict "for profit"?

Beyond the immediacy of weapons and equipment acquired for it that is.

Or the U.S. involvement against Serbia in the 1990s?
All conlicts that were/are supposedly anti-communist are about money.

Do you know how many wars/conflicts the US has been in in the last 100 years? And you claim 2 were not for profit?

All of America's wars since WWII were either fighting a cold war with Russia or China or since to protect/increase the profits of our corporations. Expanding America's influence for more opportunities for American corporations to make profits.

I suggest all good Americans take a cue FROM the Ukrainians.
Watching them fighting an enemy that is a dozen times their size and kicking their asses is inspiration.

My mother's parents were Polish and were prisoners of both German and Russian armies. My grandmother was a young woman when the Nazi's invaded, and later a prisoner of the Russians.

She hated Russians! She spoke little of those years, only that they were "mixed" with Ukrainians. And she giggled when she talked of how they 'fought back': as seamstresses, they would randomly "forget" to tie off the thread on buttons....which were the way pants stayed closed.

That should give you an idea of the people of the land. They don't quit. Ever. Ukrainians in Montreal I was married to a Ukrainian. Her parents and friends ran a military training camp north of the city; planning an invasion to retake their beloved homeland. It was 1976.

I doubt any of us in the new world can ever understand the attachment to their homeland. I goes beyond mere love of country but is steeped in thousands of years, a land that has been invaded and occupied by pretty much everybody. But even good old Atilla has a best before date. Mongols or Huns ruled the region for 400 years, where the ancestors of these people learned warfare.

Been saying much the same for something like five years.
True no border, no formal army arising out of secession, just an endless series of senseless random acts of violence and a dramatic uptick in gross malfeasance of justice where the perpetrators sidestep the justice that should be meted out to them, thus fueling even more of the same.
That's the way I see it,too. More McVeigh's, Dr. Tillers, Matthew Shepard's coming our way.

There are a lot of Trumpets in the military.

Omg

Read the thread. The generals will follow the constitution. The men will follow the generals.

Good grief

Back
Top Bottom