• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IF a civil war really does break out?

What will you be doing if a civil war does break out?

• Total voters
Secure the immediate protection of my family, then go about securing the future protection of my family.

It's not that simple. People within the military would break into their own factions, even different factions among supposedly the same sides.
The military, by and large will do as told. There will be no split. They will uphold the Constitution. The boys at the top are well educated. They know what time it is. They are conservative but most decidedly not MAGA. MAGA is the enemy, not conservatives.
Over time, people begin to believe the lie, that America's generals are "woke", that "the FBI and DOJ work for the Democrat party." And if the right wing takes power, they'll almost certainly install political loyalists to replace the "wokists"...which would be a disaster.
Yes, this is very concerning. Fox keeps pushing this narrative.
This is what Stalin did, what Putin has done and is doing - how's that worked out for Russia's military? Turkey and Venezuela have authoritarian regimes that select cabinet posts based on loyalty
Another Trump presidency will end Democracy. Of this there is no doubt.
We've got a civil service, and generally speaking, it's a good one. **** that up and the country will implode rather quickly.
Agree

If a civil war breaks out with MAGA on one side and the rest of the planet on the other, I'll focus on anonymously outing MAGA members as secret RINOs, then go on with life while they self-immolate. There's no need to 'war' with paranoid conspiracy theorists... it's far easier to simply steer them in a new direction.

If I asked everyone here - to give an honest answer - would YOU?

Let's say for the sake of argument, some sort of civil war breaks out (like so many on the Right would like to see).

It might not be military units against military units, but civilian against civilian, or armed militias against the police, national guard, and the military.

Might it be state vs state? Doubtful, but all it takes is for ONE governor to declare independence and empower state law enforcement personnel to take over federal government institutions.

However, my question is not whether YOU believe a civil war will happen, but instead ask, what will YOU be doing if such an event occurs?

Choices above in the poll section.

Be on the lookout for hoards of crazed liberals running the countryside, who think they now have the right to kill any and all political opponents.....keep armed and help those I can.

I don't know what I'd do. I wouldn't enlist or do anything other than to try to protect my family and property. I like to think I'd ask for a transfer to another country, which is a possibility, but what about my relatives? Mostly, I just hope that it doesn't happen. If it does happen, I hope that the federal government moves quickly to freeze the assets of faux, Tweety, and everyone else responsible for fomenting it.

That was a different time, a different kind of warfare. This would be town to town, city to city, and in some cases, block to block street war. Think Yugoslavia or Syria.

A situation I'm keeping my eye on is the emerging water crisis out West. If the triple-dip La Nina forecast is accurate, that could mean another winter with well below average snowpack, which would put even more pressure on agriculture, and we're already coming out of one of our worst yields in decades, depending on the crop.

In the example of the Colorado River, California, due to how the initial multi-state water use agreement was set up, holds the power when it comes to water. The federal government holds even more power. But to get to my point, if there's a cross-border dispute involving California and other states, this could get ugly fast. And federal involvement in an attempt to mediate wouldn't necessarily be well-received. You all remember the Bundy clan insanity -- think that but on a much bigger scale.

Meanwhile right wing MAGA kings and extremists would be doing whatever they could to capitalize on the crisis and fan the flames. They'd claim that the Democrat party is stealing resources from good ole 'Merikuns' as a way to punish MAGA and Christians.
Your opinion. I disagree.

It is not anger it is a clear view of what they are and the danger they impose.
And the safest solution you can think of is killing them?

And the safest solution you can think of is killing them?
There's enough hatred spewing from both sides, at least online. Then you go out and about your business and people are just people. Everyone knows the extremes. They are not the norm but are rather hyped up by competition for ratings and votes.

There's enough hatred spewing from both sides, at least online. Then you go out and about your business and people are just people.
To some degree that is true, but I see more public animosity than ever before. Some of those people are dangerous.

To some degree that is true, but I see more public animosity than ever before. Some of those people are dangerous.
Emphasis some. The rest of us are coming together to point them out or turn them in.

Who would you go to war against? It's not like there is a liberal army and a conservative army training and spoiling for a fight. Honestly, who is going to war against who? Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came?
You're exactly right. Neither side has an army. The first side that starts shooting finds out just how many LEOs the US has.

The army wouldn't have to leave their bases.

first and foremost i would protect me and my loved ones if it was actually needed

after that, i doubt my side would need any help against the nutters.
The nutty ashli babbitts of the country will get themselves killed just like she did

BUT, if it was needed yes id gladly join America in its fight against nutters

Most normal people wouldn't be involved, only the extremist kooks, who would get arrested.

If I asked everyone here - to give an honest answer - would YOU?

Let's say for the sake of argument, some sort of civil war breaks out (like so many on the Right would like to see).

It might not be military units against military units, but civilian against civilian, or armed militias against the police, national guard, and the military.

Might it be state vs state? Doubtful, but all it takes is for ONE governor to declare independence and empower state law enforcement personnel to take over federal government institutions.

However, my question is not whether YOU believe a civil war will happen, but instead ask, what will YOU be doing if such an event occurs?

Choices above in the poll section.
You're assuming a hell of a lot to reach the proposed situation - that a civil war is underway.

I don't think it's anywhere near as simple as you state it, no one person can cause it.
Unless we have national guard and probably even regular military forces betraying their oaths and picking sides, including capturing military resources and bases, something like that would not be able to reach civil war status, I think.

A civil war would be terrible for all involved.

Edit: And for that matter, I forgot to consider the Navy.

We've been bombing people around the world from carriers for decades, that shit can be turned around and used against our own land if an actual civil war is in play, and it would be worse if both sides had parts of the Navy on their side.

Edit 2: Let's not even get into the absolute shitshow that would happen if competing sides gained control of nuclear weapons and some were idiot enough to use one.

You're exactly right. Neither side has an army. The first side that starts shooting finds out just how many LEOs the US has.

The army wouldn't have to leave their bases.
Agreed. Besides, the average american isn't going to leave his couch and Law and Order CSI or XBox to go out and fight a war. We are FAR too lazy for that kind of thing. Yell at the computer screen? Yes.

since I am armed to the teeth I would roll up a number and put on a pot of beans

There won't be a civil war. The worst would be a few malcontents with guns playing at revolution.

The police would deal with it.

We would hold their hands and dry their tears.

Because we're really nice like that when there's a breach of the peace.

Back
Top Bottom