• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If a candidate was trying to lose, how would he behave any differently than Trump?

ModerationNow!

I identify as "non-Bidenary".
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I am not a Donald Trump fan, and I'm certainly not a Hillary fan either, primarily due to the corruption and dishonesty factors(not to mention the fact that her foreign policies were not successful).

There is some good news when you think about Trump and his financial success. By that, I mean if someone as tonedeaf and clueless as Donald Trump can become a billionaire, then anyone should be able to!

It was refreshing at first to see a republican FINALLY take on the mainstream media's dishonest bias, but then he started going way beyond that, and from what I can tell, he seems to like being controversial in a NEGATIVE way. He seeks negative attention. He can't be so stupid that he doesn't realize that that the media will use anything they can against him. He knows that they will lie and exaggerate, for instance his comment that many Latino women get raped during their cross-desert treks to America. They spun that into, "Trump calls all Latinos rapists".

But aside from the media's inevitable anti republican spin, He often acts like a 12 year old kid the way he routinely insists on using insults. He's gotta know the media won't let him get away with that, like they will with Elizabeth Warren, Hillary or any other democrat. I don't want ANY politicians lowering themselves to name calling.

He's had so many opportunities where he could have acted professional and mature, while honestly pointing out how to get America back on track, but instead he acts like a bonehead and comes up with stupid ideas like Mexico paying for a wall. That will never happen because Mexico actively supports illegal immigration into USA for the money they send back(which also allows the Mexican govt to be complacent instead of actually improving their own economic situation).

If I was in a political race, and for some odd reason I decided that I wanted to sabotage my own campaign instead of just dropping out, I can't imagine doing anything differently than Trump has been doing!

The bottom line is this: Trump is the best thing that ever happened to Hillary, and a Hillary Clinton presidency will likely be a bad thing for America.

Re: If a candidate was trying to lose, how would he behave any differently than Trump

I am not a Donald Trump fan, and I'm certainly not a Hillary fan either, primarily due to the corruption and dishonesty factors(not to mention the fact that her foreign policies were not successful).

There is some good news when you think about Trump and his financial success. By that, I mean if someone as tonedeaf and clueless as Donald Trump can become a billionaire, then anyone should be able to!

It was refreshing at first to see a republican FINALLY take on the mainstream media's dishonest bias, but then he started going way beyond that, and from what I can tell, he seems to like being controversial in a NEGATIVE way. He seeks negative attention. He can't be so stupid that he doesn't realize that that the media will use anything they can against him. He knows that they will lie and exaggerate, for instance his comment that many Latino women get raped during their cross-desert treks to America. They spun that into, "Trump calls all Latinos rapists".

But aside from the media's inevitable anti republican spin, He often acts like a 12 year old kid the way he routinely insists on using insults. He's gotta know the media won't let him get away with that, like they will with Elizabeth Warren, Hillary or any other democrat. I don't want ANY politicians lowering themselves to name calling.

He's had so many opportunities where he could have acted professional and mature, while honestly pointing out how to get America back on track, but instead he acts like a bonehead and comes up with stupid ideas like Mexico paying for a wall. That will never happen because Mexico actively supports illegal immigration into USA for the money they send back(which also allows the Mexican govt to be complacent instead of actually improving their own economic situation).

If I was in a political race, and for some odd reason I decided that I wanted to sabotage my own campaign instead of just dropping out, I can't imagine doing anything differently than Trump has been doing!

The bottom line is this: Trump is the best thing that ever happened to Hillary, and a Hillary Clinton presidency will likely be a bad thing for America.

Yes, I pretty much agree whole heartedly. Donald Trump was a gift given to Hillary so she can stop pretending to be a left-wing, for-the-people candidate, and then win anyways. Thanks Republicans and Democrats, you've given America such a great gift this season --the opportunity to vote between an incompetent racist and a very competent scumbag. Speaking for the rest of the country, we feel so, so proud of your accomplishments.

Re: If a candidate was trying to lose, how would he behave any differently than Trump

Enjoyed the clever way you weaved in many of the faults of Hillary, Pocahontas, jr and the left wing media while setting up Trump yet at the same time being honest about his faults as well. Funny thing is, and I am amazed by it, Trump somehow overcomes. Hillary's almost non existent record of achievement except being first lady, working those coattails to become a Senator of no distinction working that to become a Secretary of the State of collapse of our foreign policy... add to that she is as corrupt as they come and bloody poor liar, her smile and fake regional accents are Hilliarous...

The debates between the two should be great entertainment, two thick hulled ironclads, like the duel of the Monitor and the Merrimack blasting big lead cannon balls broadsides at each other, both with such thick skins they will just bounce off... probably could go PPV, just need to get them a cage, too.

Good fun post

Yes, I pretty much agree whole heartedly. Donald Trump was a gift given to Hillary so she can stop pretending to be a left-wing, for-the-people candidate, and then win anyways. Thanks Republicans and Democrats, you've given America such a great gift this season --the opportunity to vote between an incompetent racist and a very competent scumbag. Speaking for the rest of the country, we feel so, so proud of your accomplishments.

I suppose you'll be calling Elizabeth Warren a "scumbag" too for campaigning with Hillary? Talk about "sour grapes". When are you going to admit you might be wrong about Hillary and that Warren would not be with her now if she didn't believe Hillary would be a good President and a friend of Progressives? I you truly cared a hoot about a progessive agenda you would be helping make this election a huge landslide for Hillary that sweeps in many new Democrats into Congress with her. That is certainly what Warren is doing and Bernie has promised on a stack of Bibles to do too.

Last edited:

Donald is reading off a teleprompter now, so apparently he wants to win.

I suppose you'll be calling Elizabeth Warren a "scumbag" too for campaigning with Hillary? Talk about "sour grapes". When are you going to admit you might be wrong about Hillary and that Warren would not be with her now if she didn't believe Hillary would be a good President and a friend of Progressives? I you truly cared a hoot about a progessive agenda you would be helping make this election a huge landslide for Hillary that sweeps in many new Democrats into Congress with her. That is certainly what Warren is doing and Bernie has promised on a stack of Bibles to do too.

As it was pointed out earlier on CNN, Elizabeth Warren has been very critical of Hillary in the near past. Just because they stand beside each other and smile, doesn't mean she thinks Hillary will be a great president. You do remember That almost every politician in each political party will eventually support their party's candidate, do you not? You are reading far too much into a common thing. The Clintons and Obama's certainly aren't great friends, but you know they will support Hillary. But I can promise you that most true progressives would have preferred "that other guy who was squeezed out by the DNC". The thing that scares me, is that Hillary won't really be expected to accomplish much of anything that actually improves the lives of the people they claim to care about the most, the poor. When the poor end up just as poor or poorer(and higher taxed) than they are now, many from the left will ignore it and claim she is the 2nd best president ever(after Obama at #1, as was claimed here earlier, which proves my whole point).

As it was pointed out earlier on CNN, Elizabeth Warren has been very critical of Hillary in the near past. Just because they stand beside each other and smile, doesn't mean she thinks Hillary will be a great president. You do remember That almost every politician in each political party will eventually support their party's candidate, do you not? You are reading far too much into a common thing. The Clintons and Obama's certainly aren't great friends, but you know they will support Hillary. But I can promise you that most true progressives would have preferred "that other guy who was squeezed out by the DNC". The thing that scares me, is that Hillary won't really be expected to accomplish much of anything that actually improves the lives of the people they claim to care about the most, the poor. When the poor end up just as poor or poorer(and higher taxed) than they are now, many from the left will ignore it and claim she is the 2nd best president ever(after Obama at #1, as was claimed here earlier, which proves my whole point).

Bill Clinton's terms saw the largest increases in wages in 20 years and he did that with only 2 years of Democratic control of Congress. Even more will be expected for Hilary especially if we can get Congress back. Warren has stated that she is looking forward to working wit Hillary on progressive change and I don't think she is a liar. Sour grapes because you don't get the candidate you want is for babies. We should look forward not backwards.

I thought this idea amusing: If Trump can become billionaire, anyone can.
It is false. Why?

I thought this idea amusing: If Trump can become billionaire, anyone can.
It is false. Why?
Because most of us dont start out with a cool million handed to us from their father, perhaps?

Because most of us dont start out with a cool million handed to us from their father, perhaps?

Gosh! All ten points in one! :)

Bill Clinton's terms saw the largest increases in wages in 20 years and he did that with only 2 years of Democratic control of Congress. Even more will be expected for Hilary especially if we can get Congress back. Warren has stated that she is looking forward to working wit Hillary on progressive change and I don't think she is a liar. Sour grapes because you don't get the candidate you want is for babies. We should look forward not backwards.

Are you serious? It was soley Bill Clinton and the dems in the legislature for those 2 years that get ALL 100% of the credit for the jobs of the 90s? It couldn't possibly be that previous policies had something to do with it, nor could it be that the reps who controlled Congress for the next 6 years had anything to do with it huh? Nope, Bill Clinton and his magic democrats made all those jobs just appear!

In reality, the brand new computer, internet, software, hardware, pc game markets are what caused the new jobs that appeared out of nowhere in the 90s. Unless Clinton invented the internet and computers, and software and all other tech related things, he had essentially nothing to do with it!

To think otherwise is to prove one's blind, faith-based bias in the Democratic party, and an intentional lack of desire to see the obvious reasons for job growth in the 90s. It was called the "tech boom" remember?

Can we get 2 NEW candidates please......

Are you serious? It was soley Bill Clinton and the dems in the legislature for those 2 years that get ALL 100% of the credit for the jobs of the 90s? It couldn't possibly be that previous policies had something to do with it, nor could it be that the reps who controlled Congress for the next 6 years had anything to do with it huh? Nope, Bill Clinton and his magic democrats made all those jobs just appear!

In reality, the brand new computer, internet, software, hardware, pc game markets are what caused the new jobs that appeared out of nowhere in the 90s. Unless Clinton invented the internet and computers, and software and all other tech related things, he had essentially nothing to do with it!

To think otherwise is to prove one's blind, faith-based bias in the Democratic party, and an intentional lack of desire to see the obvious reasons for job growth in the 90s. It was called the "tech boom" remember?

Do you think the government, the President, should be influencing the economy?

Back
Top Bottom