• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If 80% of the people that work in your location are from India, what should that tell you?

I work in a building of more than 1,000 people. Something like 80% of them are from India. This is in metro Dallas. My workplace, to quote Obama, "Doesn't look like America". It looks like India. This is strange. What gives? I have heard some of the few Americans that do work there tell me that they feel like they are being "managed out". I was brought in as a contractor because they had a very hard time finding someone with experience of a certain system that I happened to have.

Do any of them look like Parminder Nagra?

08f2fb7acc3071ff4678277b8465ebe7.jpg

I work in a building of more than 1,000 people. Something like 80% of them are from India. This is in metro Dallas. My workplace, to quote Obama, "Doesn't look like America". It looks like India. This is strange. What gives? I have heard some of the few Americans that do work there tell me that they feel like they are being "managed out". I was brought in as a contractor because they had a very hard time finding someone with experience of a certain system that I happened to have.

My grad program was like that. And, this was back at the end of the 80's. I can only imagine what it's like now.

Perhaps you should look into the bolded statement to find your answer.

Why shouldn't they be?

So a question gets a deflection instead of an answer. Noted.
I asked "Why" because you said "Thank God Israel is safe from this."

I should actually ask "HOW". How is Israel safe from "this"...
What is "this"? Is immigration "this"?

How is Israel safe from it?

Do you live in Israel?

So a question gets a deflection instead of an answer. Noted.
I asked "Why" because you said "Thank God Israel is safe from this."

I should actually ask "HOW". How is Israel safe from "this"...
What is "this"? Is immigration "this"?

How is Israel safe from it?

Do you live in Israel?

No I don't live in Israel. I'm a Christian.

Jews will never be replaced in their own homeland.

This is basically just abuse of the H-2B visa program and it’s pretty common in technology business. It’s much cheaper to pay an employment agency to bring people over here from India on a contract basis than to hire real American employees.

They are simply prioritizing profit and attempting to provide a good return on investment. Isn't this what corporations are supposed to do? This seems to be a matter of faith among my Republican friends.

They are simply prioritizing profit and attempting to provide a good return on investment. Isn't this what corporations are supposed to do? This seems to be a matter of faith among my Republican friends.

Abuse of a government program. We have workers protection law for a reason, that they are trying to subvert. That if a given company is having trouble finding labor then they have to offer better compensation to entice workers to leave there current jobs to come over. Creating a biding war that moves laborers benefits and wages upwards. So we all can benefit from a thriving economy. If not then they can deal with having less employees. Abusing programs that provide some relief to this only hurts all americans who are looking for higher wages.

Abuse of a government program. We have workers protection law for a reason, that they are trying to subvert. That if a given company is having trouble finding labor then they have to offer better compensation to entice workers to leave there current jobs to come over. Creating a biding war that moves laborers benefits and wages upwards. So we all can benefit from a thriving economy. If not then they can deal with having less employees. Abusing programs that provide some relief to this only hurts all americans who are looking for higher wages.

I don't see that any evidence of abuse was provided in the op. All I see is the feeling that there are too many Indians in the area.

Corporations have no obligation to hire American citizens, or pay wages above the minimum needed to get the type of workers they require. In the absence of any fraud or abuse of government-imposed regulations and red tape, corporations who get the labor they need at the lowest price possible are simply fulfilling their financial obligation to their shareholders.

Sounds like a business owned by an India Indian who favors people of his own heritage. A sort of racism I suppose but in this day and age, relatively harmless. I suspect the non-Indians on the work force do probably feel somewhat insecure as a result of it, but whether or not their jobs actually are insecure, nobody forces them to work there. I have been a similar minority on two or three of the many jobs I have had over the years, but it has not been a problem for me. May not be for them either.

Sounds like a business owned by an India Indian who favors people of his own heritage. A sort of racism I suppose but in this day and age, relatively harmless. I suspect the non-Indians on the work force do probably feel somewhat insecure as a result of it, but whether or not their jobs actually are insecure, nobody forces them to work there. I have been a similar minority on two or three of the many jobs I have had over the years, but it has not been a problem for me. May not be for them either.

Sounds like software support systems work. Indian/s have invested heavily in getting educations in computer science/software/programming and have some of the largest support companies in the world in these fields.

The site in the US is likely the US operations of an Indian company providing immediate customer support services. Being staffed by people who understand the systems and process's that company has, likely through H2B/H1B visa's for the most part.

Although a past Indian coworker of mine believes there are a good 2 million Indians in the US illegally (a statement he made about 4 years ago)

Sounds like software support systems work. Indian/s have invested heavily in getting educations in computer science/software/programming and have some of the largest support companies in the world in these fields.

The site in the US is likely the US operations of an Indian company providing immediate customer support services. Being staffed by people who understand the systems and process's that company has, likely through H2B/H1B visa's for the most part.

Although a past Indian coworker of mine believes there are a good 2 million Indians in the US illegally (a statement he made about 4 years ago)

I knew a lady from Madras or Chennai as it currently is called who used to visit the USA on a fairly regular basis. She has now passed on, but her first name was Gladys, she was native Indian, whatever race that is--I've never gotten a clear answer about that--wore the traditional Indian sari everywhere she goes even in the States, and spoke flawless English and French as well as Hindi and numerous other Indian dialects. I met her on a professional level years ago and we became friends. The last I saw her which was 15 or 20 years ago and at that time she told me much the same thing. There are many hundreds, if not thousands, of Indian nationals in the USA, most who came in via travel visas, and never left.

I don't see that any evidence of abuse was provided in the op. All I see is the feeling that there are too many Indians in the area.

Corporations have no obligation to hire American citizens, or pay wages above the minimum needed to get the type of workers they require. In the absence of any fraud or abuse of government-imposed regulations and red tape, corporations who get the labor they need at the lowest price possible are simply fulfilling their financial obligation to their shareholders.

You are right their isn't much evidence in the OP's original post but I made it a point to operate on the assumption he was accurate for the sake of argument. All government programs like EB-2 and H1B1 visa have to be applied for by the company first and granted by the government. The Gov has rules that must be adhered to for compliance to receive their permission and one of the things a company must do is show cause that they can not find a qualified US citizen to do the job or a US resident with a work permit to do the job. Having a large amount of foreign employees being brought over here for work is kinda of a red flag.

No I don't live in Israel. I'm a Christian.

Jews will never be replaced in their own homeland.

You might want to look into Dominionist dogma.
The Dominionists/Reconstructionists specifically state that Jews are simply "Christians waiting to be perfected", as in "convinced that Christ is the Messiah".

The alternative, according to the Dominionists, two of whom gave the opening and benediction at the recently opened embassy in Jerusalem, is a life in Hell.

Furthermore, if one probes the dogma of leading Dominionist figures like Rousas Rushdoony, Dominionists are commanded to go out and seek out unrepentant Jews and slay them if they refuse to accept Christ as the Messiah, by "raising up hunters" who will go out and turn over every rock and every hole in the countryside.

And their favorite "hunter sent by God", according to the Dominionists?
Well, this might really surprise you.

And one of the top Dominionists in the USA? None other than Ted Cruz, who sought out and eagerly accepted the endorsement of fellow Dominionists like Mike Bickle.

Mike Pence is also a Dominionist.
For Dominionists, it's all about who ultimately "owns the real estate" and as far as the Dominionists are concerned, it's not the Jews, it's them.

Back
Top Bottom