• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Idiots! The UK's right wing burns down the world's economy because "Britain First!"

Re: Idiots! The UK's right wing burns down the world's economy because "Britain Firs

I think it is the beginning of the end for the UK.

Like I said, Scotland will leave soon - they voted strongly to remain in the EU, but when they see what's happening to the economy as a result of what Britain did, they will leave...and they will join the EU if it still exists. I do not know if Northern Ireland can - I don't know enough about its particular situation in the UK. Wales, I understand, voted to leave.

Re: Idiots! The UK's right wing burns down the world's economy because "Britain Firs

If you're going to talk the talk, you'll have to walk the walk. If the UK was such a valuable partner, it would've remained committed to the ideal of the EU and the common interest of Europe. Instead by leaving the EU, it weakened it at a time of regional and international turmoil and portending war. I bet you, Putin is jumping in gaiety in the Kremlin over the news.

Besides, Europe has a commitment to its best interest constituted in the EU. That is to say, it has an obligation to demonstrate the penalty of compromising its institutions and its ideals.

Quoted for truth!

If you're going to talk the talk, you'll have to walk the walk. If the UK was such a valuable partner, it would've remained committed to the ideal of the EU and the common interest of Europe. Instead by leaving the EU, it weakened it at a time of regional and international turmoil and portending war. I bet you, Putin is jumping in gaiety in the Kremlin over the news.

And they saw it not in their interest to be part of the EU. I'm sorry, but not everyone is going to see it your way all the time. Punishing people for simply disagreeing with you is childish drivel.

Like I said, Scotland will leave soon - they voted strongly to remain in the EU, but when they see what's happening to the economy as a result of what Britain did, they will leave...and they will join the EU if it still exists. I do not know if Northern Ireland can - I don't know enough about its particular situation in the UK. Wales, I understand, voted to leave.

'Great Britain' may be reduced to Wales and England. I guess they could then change their name to the Not So Great Britain.

One side - supported by the EU, British prime minister David Cameron, President Obama, and most economists - warned that leaving the EU would be a very bad idea, and would have severe economic consequences not just for England, but also the world.

The other side - supported by the xenophobic anti-immigration right wing of the UK and a certain Donald Trump - believed the UK's sovereignty was at stake, that brown people and Islam was taking over and that the UK could not longer control either its borders or its economy.

So the UK's right wing did what today's right wings throughout the world seem to love to do: burn it all down so we can be in charge and everything will magically all better. As a result, the world's markets are in free fall (I'm in too much of a hurry to find links - it's all over the news - JFGI) and the EU is now telling the UK to leave "as soon as possible". The British Pound has fallen more in one day than it did during the worst day of the Great Recession, more - according to reports on the BBC - than it ever did in living memory. There is a very real danger that the Brexit will cause a recession in the world's major economies, including America (remember, the EU is our largest trading partner). What's more, Scotland - which almost left the UK a couple years ago - voted strongly to remain in the EU...and as a result, if I were a betting man, I'd bet heavily that within three years, Scotland will be its own nation and will join the EU...if the EU still exists. But the right wing thinks the Brexit was somehow a great thing.

But this is all the right wing way - "burn it all down!" Look at our own right wing: they want to get rid not just of Obamacare, not just most of our social safety net, but also several of our government agencies that have helped to make all Americans' lives better. "Burn it all down!" with no real plan on what to do with the pile of ashes that what's left of the economy or the national infrastructure that took lifetimes to build.

Look at what the UK's right wing is doing not just to their own economy, but to the world's economy. This is the kind of thing that will happen if we let America's right wing get its way.

The right? That not the issue here, but a poorly structured political system. The EU is just a mess and does the populations inordinate damage. This was going to happen and will continue in one way or the other, till the roots of the problem are ripped up.

And they saw it not in their interest to be part of the EU. I'm sorry, but not everyone is going to see it your way all the time. Punishing people for simply disagreeing with you is childish drivel.

So the UK has the right to opt out of the EU but the EU doesn't have the right to conduct its affairs as it sees fit?

The Brexit camp is already in damage control mode.

'Great Britain' may be reduced to Wales and England. I guess they could then change their name to the Not So Great Britain.

The irony would be epical. They left the EU because sovereignty only to see that sovereignty dismantled.

So the UK has the right to opt out of the EU but the EU doesn't have the right to conduct its affairs as it sees fit?

The Brexit camp is already in damage control mode.

If they want to act like children and prove to the world that they can't handle people disagreeing with them they are more than welcome to it. They will however have to deal with pictures of crying babies mocking them. Sorry, but it's going to happen.

I don't pretend to be Canadian. Pretending is a leftwing tactic.

Pretending does take a minimum of imagination. That's for sure.

Quoted for truth!

Wait, wait wait. Russia isn't a threat...I cited the video of Obama arguing against Romney about this on this thread...lol

If they want to act like children and prove to the world that they can't handle people disagreeing with them they are more than welcome to it. They will however have to deal with pictures of crying babies mocking them. Sorry, but it's going to happen.

Between severe economic and diplomatic damage and being taunted with pictures of crying babies, I believe the EU has the better end of that deal.

The irony would be epical. They left the EU because sovereignty only to see that sovereignty dismantled.

You mean that other people will declare their sovereignty from England? Well then, isn't that just horrible! Oh wait, no, it's not.

And yet the UKIP's poll numbers have soared over the last couple of years. They went from irrelevant to the third-largest national vote total in the country in 2015. Their platform is well known for xenophobic small minded fear tactics.

You cannot deny that immigration views played a big part by many single issue voters. The UKIP's dramatic rise in popularity is proof of that.

We'll see how UKIP do in the next general but I've seen nothing that suggests they are on the verge of anything big in fact they themselves were disappointed by the outcome in the last general. This wasn't a vote towards any political party it was a vote to stay in the EU. Yes of course immigration was a key talking point but that's hardly shocking when you consider how terrible the EU's handling of the refugee crisis has been. I also find it massively ironic that an Australian is trying to lecture the leave crowd on immigration.

Between severe economic and diplomatic damage and being taunted with pictures of crying babies, I believe the EU has the better end of that deal.

Why is it that people don't consider purposely damaging a countries economy an act of war? It's clearly an act of aggression on the people from another land, so why is it not an act of war?

Not that I'm advocating that, but still, it's weird to me that such actions are not seen as acts of war.

Why is it that people don't consider purposely damaging a countries economy an act of war? It's clearly an act of aggression on the people from another land, so why is it not an act of war?

So if I decide to prefer another country with which I share stronger ties in matters of trade and diplomacy over another, the latter has the right to wage war against me? you're full of gems man.

Everything has to end eventually.

You mean that other people will declare their sovereignty from England? Well then, isn't that just horrible! Oh wait, no, it's not.

The UK won't share your views I guarantee you that.

So if I decide to prefer another country with which I share stronger ties in matters of trade and diplomacy over another, the latter has the right to wage war against me? you're full of gems man.

Tell me, who is doing the trade? Is the people doing the trade or the state? I"ll wait..

We'll see how UKIP do in the next general but I've seen nothing that suggests they are on the verge of anything big in fact they themselves were disappointed by the outcome in the last general. This wasn't a vote towards any political party it was a vote to stay in the EU. Yes of course immigration was a key talking point but that's hardly shocking when you consider how terrible the EU's handling of the refugee crisis has been. I also find it massively ironic that an Australian is trying to lecture the leave crowd on immigration.

Why do you find that shocking? If you think that I could support my Governments inhumane treatment of asylum seekers then you really don't know me very well at all. :shrug:

One side - supported by the EU, British prime minister David Cameron, President Obama, and most economists - warned that leaving the EU would be a very bad idea, and would have severe economic consequences not just for England, but also the world.

The other side - supported by the xenophobic anti-immigration right wing of the UK and a certain Donald Trump - believed the UK's sovereignty was at stake, that brown people and Islam was taking over and that the UK could not longer control either its borders or its economy.

So the UK's right wing did what today's right wings throughout the world seem to love to do: burn it all down so we can be in charge and everything will magically all better. As a result, the world's markets are in free fall (I'm in too much of a hurry to find links - it's all over the news - JFGI) and the EU is now telling the UK to leave "as soon as possible". The British Pound has fallen more in one day than it did during the worst day of the Great Recession, more - according to reports on the BBC - than it ever did in living memory. There is a very real danger that the Brexit will cause a recession in the world's major economies, including America (remember, the EU is our largest trading partner). What's more, Scotland - which almost left the UK a couple years ago - voted strongly to remain in the EU...and as a result, if I were a betting man, I'd bet heavily that within three years, Scotland will be its own nation and will join the EU...if the EU still exists. But the right wing thinks the Brexit was somehow a great thing.

But this is all the right wing way - "burn it all down!" Look at our own right wing: they want to get rid not just of Obamacare, not just most of our social safety net, but also several of our government agencies that have helped to make all Americans' lives better. "Burn it all down!" with no real plan on what to do with the pile of ashes that what's left of the economy or the national infrastructure that took lifetimes to build.

Look at what the UK's right wing is doing not just to their own economy, but to the world's economy. This is the kind of thing that will happen if we let America's right wing get its way.

I do appreciate your rant, but in all seriousness the "burn it all down" chant is the mantra of the progressive left and always has been. Burn it down is the chant of Black Lives Matter and the likes of Michael Brown's father who yell to the Missouri crowd to "burn this sucker down" and they proceeded to do just that. Burn it down is the chant of Occupy Wall Street and the likes of Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats who want to take from the rich and productive in society and give it to the lazy teat suckers and when they don't get their way the **** in the streets, burn police cars and stores, and loot and rob.

The right respects the property and lives of others. And the right respects that some people prefer to make their own destiny rather than have some unaccountable liberal elites decide it for them. Sure, there will be a little uncertainty in the world markets and political circles for a short time, but life will return to normal and the people of the UK will get to determine what their future holds all by themselves without arrogant asses elsewhere telling them they're idiots for not following them.

Tell me, who is doing the trade? Is the people doing the trade or the state? I"ll wait..

Obviously we're talking about trade between states. How's that relevant though? enlighten me.

Obviously we're talking about trade between states. How's that relevant though? enlighten me.

What is the state itself producing? :cool:

What is the state itself producing? :cool:

goods and services.

goods and services.

Examples would be grand, you know. Are you honestly telling me that blocking trade between nations or taking steps to inhibit it only affects trade done by government? I wonder if you realize how utterly stupid that is.

Back
Top Bottom