• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Idiots! The UK's right wing burns down the world's economy because "Britain First!"

Re: Idiots! The UK's right wing burns down the world's economy because "Britain Firs

Not one of those backs up your claim of him laughing in the face of the public. I'm afraid I'm asking to much of you, but what else do you have?

Re: Idiots! The UK's right wing burns down the world's economy because "Britain Firs

Well, you have your opinion, but the people of the UK don't share it. In fact, perhaps your opinion is more reflective of talking points, than the results of their vote are. Indeed, the insults you've directed towards the people of the UK, and the attempt to carry such insults over to this side of the big pond confirm they are just that.

I believe it is the nature of humans to consolidate into culturally agreeable groups. History indicates this is true. When that natural state is threatened, as it has been with the edicts and demands of the EU, it seems also natural for those people to want to protect their common goals.

Claiming this is some right wing, xenophobic response is little more than a kneejerk reaction similar to the words of a loser calling the victor names; Meaningless and sophomoric.

The people of the UK just screwed themselves and their economy...and the GOP nominee for president supported that particular screw-up. The fact that Trump inserted himself into the debate (as our president rightly did as a matter of diplomacy in support of our national interests) means that his (Trump's) words on this matter are a window into his judgement - or lack thereof.

What's happening to world markets right now? Tens of billions of dollars in local currencies have gone *poof*. But then, this is in complete consonance to the right-wing way: "Burn it all down!"

Not one of those backs up your claim of him laughing in the face of the public. I'm afraid I'm asking to much of you, but what else do you have?

:lamo omg will Obamasheep really back him for everything?!??!??!!
I love it, I really do. You guys are some special kind of blind.

And what's happening to the world's markets right now? And to your own 401K if you've got one?

Yep! You're another adherent of the "burn it all down" philosophy of the right! Who the heck cares what happens, as long as you get to burn it all down!

But it's not the people of the UK who are burning it down - it's the bettors in those markets. The floor was very quickly reached and has recovered quite a bit already in just the last few hours. And if your 401K is suffering then you are invested in way to many risky portfolios. You're exposed your retirement to gamblers.

Yeah, burning down the world's economy "must have been a good move." Right.

There's a phrase for this: "Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face." Nationalism is good...but ONLY in moderation. This wasn't moderation - this was an all-out bender, a months-long binge...and the hangover is going to last for generations.

If you look back at the history of WWI, even two weeks before the war, the great majority of the people didn't think that war was a possibility. Why? Because all of Europe was much more prosperous than at any time in its history. In the great scheme of things, the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand was a very small spark indeed. The fuel, on the other hand, was rampant nationalism, the idea that in a choice between common sense and nationalism, a choice between doing what's best for the world or doing what's most satisfying to the right wing (yes, it was the several nations' right wing at the time), common sense was chucked right out the window. How did that particular bout of unfettered nationalism work out?

NO, I'm not saying that the Brexit is somehow leading to war. What I am saying is that in the UK, rampant nationalism has triumphed over common sense and shared prosperity, and fear of a browner future has triumphed over preserving not only their national economy but also the freedom for their people to live and work as they wanted throughout the EU.

Yeah, the right wing got its way to burn it all down. Wait for a year - and not even a year! - and THEN ask the English people if they still think the Brexit was a good idea!

Oh please, having control over your own country is in fact something a country should have in full. Why don't you guess what is stopping them right this very minute from living and working in other countries.

Oh and btw, EU member is in fact not needed for other countries to allow the UK people to move freely in their country. Just sayin'.

:lamo omg will Obamasheep really back him for everything?!??!??!!
I love it, I really do. You guys are some special kind of blind.

I'm not 'backing him up'? Why be so dishonest?

I'm just calling you out on your claim and, as usual, watching you run from it with your hair on fire.

Same old, same old.

Thanks for admitting you can't support your own nonsense.

I'm not 'backing him up'? Why be so dishonest?

I'm just calling you out on your claim and, as usual, watching you run from it with your hair on fire.

Same old, same old.

Thanks for admitting you can't support your own nonsense.

I cited you half a dozen sources of the shame he brought our country. You're right. It's not funny. It's very criminal.

Yeah, burning down the world's economy "must have been a good move." Right.

There's a phrase for this: "Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face." Nationalism is good...but ONLY in moderation. This wasn't moderation - this was an all-out bender, a months-long binge...and the hangover is going to last for generations.

If you look back at the history of WWI, even two weeks before the war, the great majority of the people didn't think that war was a possibility. Why? Because all of Europe was much more prosperous than at any time in its history. In the great scheme of things, the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand was a very small spark indeed. The fuel, on the other hand, was rampant nationalism, the idea that in a choice between common sense and nationalism, a choice between doing what's best for the world or doing what's most satisfying to the right wing (yes, it was the several nations' right wing at the time), common sense was chucked right out the window. How did that particular bout of unfettered nationalism work out?

NO, I'm not saying that the Brexit is somehow leading to war. What I am saying is that in the UK, rampant nationalism has triumphed over common sense and shared prosperity, and fear of a browner future has triumphed over preserving not only their national economy but also the freedom for their people to live and work as they wanted throughout the EU.

Yeah, the right wing got its way to burn it all down. Wait for a year - and not even a year! - and THEN ask the English people if they still think the Brexit was a good idea!

The "Right" voted to stop having the nation's pockets picked by the greedy leaches with their hands out. That's all. And, yes, the markets responded....after all a golden goose left the redistribution plantation.

And can people stop blaming the UK people for the stupid actions of wall street? ****.

You're at fault for these stupid people doing stupid ****! If you just didn't scare them they wouldn't be doing dumb crap right now! :lamo

i do wonder how much impact Obama's perceived 'intrusion' played on this brexit vote
he may have brought out/motivated the opposition

we see something similar at home
the tRump devotees
they tend to be less educated, less informed, less affluent, and more pissed off than the average joe
they have no idea what they want; they just recognize what they have is not doing them any favors
so they want something else
isn't that the same demographic in GB. and similarly, they may not know what the result of their vote might be but they sense it will upset the status quo that does not now serve them well

both groups are very willing to roll the dice
and can we blame them?

i do wonder how much impact Obama's perceived 'intrusion' played on this brexit vote
he may have brought out/motivated the opposition

we see something similar at home
the tRump devotees
they tend to be less educated, less informed, less affluent, and more pissed off than the average joe
they have no idea what they want; they just recognize what they have is not doing them any favors
so they want something else
isn't that the same demographic in GB. and similarly, they may not know what the result of their vote might be but they sense it will upset the status quo that does not now serve them well

both groups are very willing to roll the dice
and can we blame them?

So you just called the majority of UK voters stupid. Congrats.

So you just called the majority of UK voters stupid. Congrats.

the vote confirms it
much as the GOP primary vote indicates is true for the republicans

The people of the UK just screwed themselves and their economy...and the GOP nominee for president supported that particular screw-up. The fact that Trump inserted himself into the debate (as our president rightly did as a matter of diplomacy in support of our national interests) means that his (Trump's) words on this matter are a window into his judgement - or lack thereof.

What's happening to world markets right now? Tens of billions of dollars in local currencies have gone *poof*. But then, this is in complete consonance to the right-wing way: "Burn it all down!"

Your opinion is noted. The markets are simply reacting to the news. Your agenda and ideological beliefs compel you to follow the same line of rhetoric. It remains to be seen what the long term fallout will be.

I am of the belief it is a good thing for people to reject attempts to undermine their sovereignty and force them to be ruled by a global elite who don't have their best interests at heart.

I also believe there is a reason there are nations in this world. Perhaps the globalists will wake up to this reality.

Trump, as a free citizen, certainly has the right to have his opinion heard. It's a bit alarming that anyone would suggest otherwise. It appears Obama's attempt to add his voice to the issue was viewed by voters as little more than an insult, which seems to be something he is good at.

the vote confirms it
much as the GOP primary vote indicates is true for the republicans

Because Hillary winning on the Democratic side totally proves democratic voters are brilliant. :roll:

The markets will not collapse. The sky will not fall. The Earth will not grind to a halt.

It's always like this every time a society finds itself at a crossroads and one path must be chosen. People will adjust. As an American I really have no idea what this means long term but I do know that if a majority of the population voted for it then that vote HAS TO BE based on something a hell of a lot deeper than "fear of brown people". That kind of sour grapes bull**** is nothing more than butthurt whining from petulant children who aren't used to being told "no".

I respect the path that the people have chosen. Que sera sera...

No, it was quite coherent Tell me what parts or big words are confusing you, and I'll try to help.

It was a temper tantrum, I offer you and the OP binkies to console you.

Because Hillary winning on the Democratic side totally proves democratic voters are brilliant. :roll:

hey, you're finally coming around

congrats

'laughing in the face of the public' doesn't suit you? OK, I suppose that 'lying in the face of the public' is probably more accurate anyway.

This is so much bigger than immigration. One of our most diverse cities voted to leave FFS.

And yet the UKIP's poll numbers have soared over the last couple of years. They went from irrelevant to the third-largest national vote total in the country in 2015. Their platform is well known for xenophobic small minded fear tactics.

You cannot deny that immigration views played a big part by many single issue voters. The UKIP's dramatic rise in popularity is proof of that.

The only people that are idiots are the ones that will insist on some sort of punitive response to a nation that decided that the 'Union' was no longer viable. Rather than respond like children and threaten punishment, would it be so bad if Europe (and the US) simply respected the will of the citizens of the UK and still treated them as the valuable partners they are and really, always have been?

If this ends up negative it will be due to the opposition forces childish response.

One side - supported by the EU, British prime minister David Cameron, President Obama, and most economists - warned that leaving the EU would be a very bad idea, and would have severe economic consequences not just for England, but also the world.

The other side - supported by the xenophobic anti-immigration right wing of the UK and a certain Donald Trump - believed the UK's sovereignty was at stake, that brown people and Islam was taking over and that the UK could not longer control either its borders or its economy.

So the UK's right wing did what today's right wings throughout the world seem to love to do: burn it all down so we can be in charge and everything will magically all better. As a result, the world's markets are in free fall (I'm in too much of a hurry to find links - it's all over the news - JFGI) and the EU is now telling the UK to leave "as soon as possible". The British Pound has fallen more in one day than it did during the worst day of the Great Recession, more - according to reports on the BBC - than it ever did in living memory. There is a very real danger that the Brexit will cause a recession in the world's major economies, including America (remember, the EU is our largest trading partner). What's more, Scotland - which almost left the UK a couple years ago - voted strongly to remain in the EU...and as a result, if I were a betting man, I'd bet heavily that within three years, Scotland will be its own nation and will join the EU...if the EU still exists. But the right wing thinks the Brexit was somehow a great thing.

But this is all the right wing way - "burn it all down!" Look at our own right wing: they want to get rid not just of Obamacare, not just most of our social safety net, but also several of our government agencies that have helped to make all Americans' lives better. "Burn it all down!" with no real plan on what to do with the pile of ashes that what's left of the economy or the national infrastructure that took lifetimes to build.

Look at what the UK's right wing is doing not just to their own economy, but to the world's economy. This is the kind of thing that will happen if we let America's right wing get its way.

I think it is the beginning of the end for the UK.

Chicken Little spreading FUD.

Oh please, having control over your own country is in fact something a country should have in full. Why don't you guess what is stopping them right this very minute from living and working in other countries.

Oh and btw, EU member is in fact not needed for other countries to allow the UK people to move freely in their country. Just sayin'.

Exactly, Oh please. Spot on.

The markets will not collapse. The sky will not fall. The Earth will not grind to a halt.

It's always like this every time a society finds itself at a crossroads and one path must be chosen. People will adjust. As an American I really have no idea what this means long term but I do know that if a majority of the population voted for it then that vote HAS TO BE based on something a hell of a lot deeper than "fear of brown people". That kind of sour grapes bull**** is nothing more than butthurt whining from petulant children who aren't used to being told "no".

I respect the path that the people have chosen. Que sera sera...

Of course the sky will not fall, and the Earth will not grind to a halt. These markets are only temporarily reacting to the news, as markets always do.

The trade relationships that were established before the EU, as well as those that were established before BrExit will continue, as they are in the best interests of both parties involved in the trade. That hasn't changed with BrExit, nor is it likely to change in the future either.

hey, you're finally coming around

congrats

So I take it you like Hillary. Nothing about her is desirable in a person, a mother, a grandmother, a politician, or frankly a woman. She is just an all around contemptible pile of **** that for some reason democrats want for president.

One side - supported by the EU, British prime minister David Cameron, President Obama, and most economists - warned that leaving the EU would be a very bad idea, and would have severe economic consequences not just for England, but also the world.

The other side - supported by the xenophobic anti-immigration right wing of the UK and a certain Donald Trump - believed the UK's sovereignty was at stake, that brown people and Islam was taking over and that the UK could not longer control either its borders or its economy.

So the UK's right wing did what today's right wings throughout the world seem to love to do: burn it all down so we can be in charge and everything will magically all better. As a result, the world's markets are in free fall (I'm in too much of a hurry to find links - it's all over the news - JFGI) and the EU is now telling the UK to leave "as soon as possible". The British Pound has fallen more in one day than it did during the worst day of the Great Recession, more - according to reports on the BBC - than it ever did in living memory. There is a very real danger that the Brexit will cause a recession in the world's major economies, including America (remember, the EU is our largest trading partner). What's more, Scotland - which almost left the UK a couple years ago - voted strongly to remain in the EU...and as a result, if I were a betting man, I'd bet heavily that within three years, Scotland will be its own nation and will join the EU...if the EU still exists. But the right wing thinks the Brexit was somehow a great thing.

But this is all the right wing way - "burn it all down!" Look at our own right wing: they want to get rid not just of Obamacare, not just most of our social safety net, but also several of our government agencies that have helped to make all Americans' lives better. "Burn it all down!" with no real plan on what to do with the pile of ashes that what's left of the economy or the national infrastructure that took lifetimes to build.

Look at what the UK's right wing is doing not just to their own economy, but to the world's economy. This is the kind of thing that will happen if we let America's right wing get its way.

Burn it all down.

The only people that are idiots are the ones that will insist on some sort of punitive response to a nation that decided that the 'Union' was no longer viable. Rather than respond like children and threaten punishment, would it be so bad if Europe (and the US) simply respected the will of the citizens of the UK and still treated them as the valuable partners they are and really, always have been?

If this ends up negative it will be due to the opposition forces childish response.

If you're going to talk the talk, you'll have to walk the walk. If the UK was such a valuable partner, it would've remained committed to the ideal of the EU and the common interest of Europe. Instead by leaving the EU, it weakened it at a time of regional and international turmoil and portending war. I bet you, Putin is jumping in gaiety in the Kremlin over the news.

Besides, Europe has a commitment to its best interest constituted in the EU. That is to say, it has an obligation to demonstrate the penalty of compromising its institutions and its ideals.

Back
Top Bottom