• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Idiotic Environmental Predictions

So...

You give them a pass even though they can do better.

OK...
No one is giving anyone a pass except for you deniers who make the statement without providing further implications as to what actions should be taken.

But, Wat....That's all that is needed! The ex cathedra declarations of the MIGHTY LORD OF PLANAR (who has 2 year degree!) are sufficient! No additional proof is necessary!
For the most part, I point out the hypocrisy of you AGW religious types who always rant and rave when someone links WUWT, but then posts Skeptical Science or some other lame blog.

If you notice, I never link WUWT. I have at times linked material in it, and almost always papers that WUWT has sourced.

Funny how you think you have any credibility at all when you make unreal claims, like saying I only have a two year degree.

Do you realize how silly you appear to anyone with an ounce of intelligence?

For the most part, I point out the hypocrisy of you AGW religious types who always rant and rave when someone links WUWT, but then posts Skeptical Science or some other lame blog.

If you notice, I never link WUWT. I have at times linked material in it, and almost always papers that WUWT has sourced.

Funny how you think you have any credibility at all when you make unreal claims, like saying I only have a two year degree.

Psychological projection.

So what? What then should we do?
Good question, but the others must see the people of our nation as foolish arguing among ourselves, instead of criticizing them.

They are laughing all the way to the bank making us cheep goods and getting rich, because the Americvan people as a whole, are stupid.

Ummm, no. Were the words too big? Or did you not know what a lot of them meant?

I don't give ANYONE a pass. But I don't run China (do you?) The way to get China to do better is to:

1. STOP USING CHINA's goods
2. Lead by example (and CONTINUE Leading, even when others don't follow!)

What is so hard about that? Again, were the words too big?
So then. Why do you agree with the USA spending trillions of dollars when it won't matter?

Except SkepticalScience references peer reviewed literature.

Do you prove the peer reviewed literature wrong? (I bet you don't...I bet, as per usual, you will resort to someone else being a "liar".)
Remember the time they claimed something different, regarding eccentricity, that I pointed out?

No, it is NOT a valid point unless the asker also includes implications, whoch means that after asking the question "and therefore....." Is also included. As it now stands, deniers only ask it to STIFLE discussion rather than to further it.
If you cannot see that China and India need to be a part of any global solution, then there is no need to any further discussions.
Have a good day!

"So you admit to relying on WUWT but without explicitly saying so?"

I never "rely" on WUWT. I look for at the source links they provide, and only when someone else links them.

How can you think that from my words? I ask again. Is English your second language?

My actions should be clear, as I have that pattern for all the years I have been in this forum.

Good question, but the others must see the people of our nation as foolish arguing among ourselves, instead of criticizing them.

They are laughing all the way to the bank making us cheep goods and getting rich, because the Americvan people as a whole, are stupid.

Who says they are not being criticized other than you right wingers using it as a talking point? At least we have a president who is taking the climate crisis seriously rather than a buffoon who spent his time mouthing the very same denier talking point as those of you in an online forum and FOX.

If you cannot see that China and India need to be a part of any global solution, then there is no need to any further discussions.
Have a good day!

I didn't say that. Why the strawman? Are you trying to stifle discussion?

Who says it won't matter? And what is the alternative?
Spend the money on keeping illegal aliens out. Spend the money on our homeless veterans. So may other places where tha money, if it must be spent, that can make tangible improvements.

I never "rely" on WUWT. I look for at the source links they provide, and only when someone else links them.

How can you think that from my words? I ask again. Is English your second language?

My actions should be clear, as I have that pattern for all the years I have been in this forum.

You've been using a DENIER BLOG to look for "sources" for years?
Well, I have to say that explains a lot!

Spend the money on keeping illegal aliens out. Spend the money on our homeless veterans. So may other places where tha money, if it must be spent, that can make tangible improvements.

Liberals and scientists can walk and chew gum at the same time.

I like technical discussion, have you ever presented any?

Technical discussion has real world implications. You still haven't provided any implications as to what should be done regarding denier comment about China and India.

Technical discussion has real world implications. You still haven't provided any implications as to what should be done regarding denier comment about China and India.
I did, it just flew over your head! We need an energy solution that will allow them to function, but will cost less than fuel made from oil.
When we solve our energy problem, any issues with CO2 will be solved as a side benefit.

i can still remember my grandfather (born in 1898) taking care of his farm/land like it was his baby. he was a Southern Democrat.

i sometimes wonder what happened to those type of people.

You never link WUWT.

You just crib graphs and concepts and arguments from it and pretend it came from ‘40 years of papers that I’ve read’.

We’re on to you dude.

So where’s the ‘source link’ from the graph you used?

Looks to me it was originally sourced at WUWT...

On my software or version of DP there are 27 pages of this discussion. Why? I repeat what goes unanswered, that if skeptics have a case they should get it published somewhere else, in scientific journals, bring testimony to relevant US and international bodies, etc. Is there similar skepticism in other countries? If so, make alliances, have demonstrations (you could have an "Unearth Day" to reveal the evidence.) Or, you could relax and adopt the John McCain approach: if it is a problem, we should do something; if not, much of what is suggested to deal with it is good for other reasons: windmills, (when they are not causing cancer and killing birdies), are cleaner, efficient cars may cost less to operate, on and on. This issue isnt like tobacco or acid rain, where there may be a lobby that denies the science as your ally, as oil companies seem to accept the science and are adapting, as does the previously skeptical GOP. And if someday new evidence surfaces that says this isn't a problem after all, even better. Woody Allen's movie "Sleeper" had him play a health foods store owner transformed to the distant future, where he is told that health food science had been overturned, that banana cream pie was the best thing to eat rather than what he peddled in the past.
But come up with a plan: first tell us how the voluntary suggestions of the Paris conference are harming us and what we are missing out on by buying into the dominant science. Then tell us what we should do instead: pipelines, wilderness drilling as Trump suggested so, we can have "energy dominance" as he put it. Simply going back and forth on this or that latest article is hardly working to change minds and policy.

On my software or version of DP there are 27 pages of this discussion. Why? I repeat what goes unanswered, that if skeptics have a case they should get it published somewhere else, in scientific journals, bring testimony to relevant US and international bodies, etc. Is there similar skepticism in other countries? If so, make alliances, have demonstrations (you could have an "Unearth Day" to reveal the evidence.) Or, you could relax and adopt the John McCain approach: if it is a problem, we should do something; if not, much of what is suggested to deal with it is good for other reasons: windmills, (when they are not causing cancer and killing birdies), are cleaner, efficient cars may cost less to operate, on and on. This issue isnt like tobacco or acid rain, where there may be a lobby that denies the science as your ally, as oil companies seem to accept the science and are adapting, as does the previously skeptical GOP. And if someday new evidence surfaces that says this isn't a problem after all, even better. Woody Allen's movie "Sleeper" had him play a health foods store owner transformed to the distant future, where he is told that health food science had been overturned, that banana cream pie was the best thing to eat rather than what he peddled in the past.
But come up with a plan: first tell us how the voluntary suggestions of the Paris conference are harming us and what we are missing out on by buying into the dominant science. Then tell us what we should do instead: pipelines, wilderness drilling as Trump suggested so, we can have "energy dominance" as he put it. Simply going back and forth on this or that latest article is hardly working to change minds and policy.
I have a plan, but it is unlikely that the people who demonize energy use will care for it.
The first step is to acknowledge that Humanity first and foremost has an energy problem, not a CO2 problem.
CO2 may well be a symptom, but limiting CO2 is not the solution.
Our problem is that we do not have enough naturally stored hydrocarbons in the ground, to allow
the people who are currently alive to live a first world life style for very long.
The path of humanity is unsustainable! This is a much greater problem, than if added CO2 can causes some warming.
The solution to the problem is energy storage, how does nature store energy, mostly as hydrocarbons.
Man made, carbon neutral, fuels, can allow humanity a sustainable path foreword, until we find a better solution.
Why are we not doing it already, economic viability! The man made fuels will become cost competitive,
when oil is between $85 and $95 a barrel.
Why would this be better than electric cars? It would address every aspect of transportation, (roughly 30% of global emissions)
with a solution that is already compatible with existing demand and infrastructure!
It also would dovetail in nicely with the surplus solar and wind duck curve.
This will happen without any regulation, and everyone will use the new fuel, because, it will be the lowest price one at the pump.
This would eliminate new CO2 emissions from all transport, globally, because the fuel is made from atmospheric CO2,
so the CO2 released when the fuel is burned, is net zero.
More important is that it would allow low density, poor duty cycle energy sources like wind and solar to
be stored seasonally, to be used when needed, not just when generated.
It would also separate global energy from the countries that have supplies of oil.

Spend the money on keeping illegal aliens out.

I can see why this is an issue for you. I suspect YOU might actually be someone who could lose their job to an undocumented worker.

Spend the money on our homeless veterans.

I agree that we need to do that. But I'd start by taking the money out of the GIGANTIC defense expenditure in the US.

So may other places where tha money,

"tha money". Mo' Money, Mo' Problems, eh Biggie?

if it must be spent, that can make tangible improvements.

Just like the money spent to improve our environment in the 1970's, 1980's etc. Remember back when the same denialists you have casting doubt on global warming were casting doubt on acid rain? Yeah. Thankfully we didn't listen to them then and we got things improved.

Back
Top Bottom