• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Idiology or Ideaology?

stsburns

American Infidel
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I have watched many CBS, NBC, CNN, and even Fox News guests , both Democrat and Republican, use the term "Idiology" as though they are indirectly calling their opposition an idiot. Though the diffrence being in Ideaology they would be critisizing ideas, not childishly critisizing by calling them idiots? So what are your thoughts? Does this even exist?

I'm tired of interpolating facts from the double-speak of major media commentators. Asking both sides, or all sides, to stop the spin, might be too much. This is a good question. I wish I had a good answer.

stsburns said:
I have watched many CBS, NBC, CNN, and even Fox News guests , both Democrat and Republican, use the term "Idiology" as though they are indirectly calling their opposition an idiot. Though the diffrence being in Ideaology they would be critisizing ideas, not childishly critisizing by calling them idiots? So what are your thoughts? Does this even exist?

I think "idiology" is an acceptable pronunciation of the word Ideology. I have heard it used as such many times before - long before our current obsession with the word. Now whether it's being used intentionally that way these days, I can't say, I guess I wouldn't be surprised.

Back
Top Bottom