• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IDF senior officer killed in ambush by Lebanese Army sniper

In this case no. it takes only one person to open fire in order to tango. cutting down a tree one meter behind the fence is no reason to kill someone not on lebanise soil and most definitely not on Israeli soil.
I wonder alexa, what would your reaction be if an Israeli soldier shot dead a Lebanise shepherd who crossed the border just for crossing it. I bet all my money that "oh the border is disputable" and "it takes two to tango" would not be included.

An Israel shoots dead a Lebanese shepherd across the border is not equating like with like. In that case it is an armed person killing an unarmed man going about his routine work. In this case it was soldiers shooting at soldiers after it was asked that Israel wait. The result for the Lebanese were 4 dead and a village fired on. They actually suffered the most.

It just depends on whether you want peace or war. If you want peace look at where both can avoid this happening again. If you want war ratchet it up till you get war but know that is what you are after.

I prefer peace.

I remember reading somewhere that there was an incident where a few US soldiers were trimming some trees in the DMZ between North and South Korea. They were attacked by NK soldiers armed with hatchets and machete's. Some US soldiers were hacked to death

The US wasn't very happy about this bestiality, and rightfully so. Neither is Israel.

Does it not take two to tango and two to make friends. If Israel had waited, there also would not have been loss of life.

It takes only one side to cause the loss of life, and in this case all of the losts of life are on Lebanese hands.
Lebanon has had no right to unprovokely attack and kill an Israeli Lt. Colonel. They have committed an act of war, and they'd probably get away with it.
As ensured however the next time Lebanon decides to attack an Israeli individual Israel would not show any restraint, and rightfully so.

I prefer peace.

If you actually preferred peace you would ascribe responsibility to the perpetrators rather than this very predictable pattern you show of twisting things around in order to blame the targets.

An Israel shoots dead a Lebanese shepherd across the border is not equating like with like. In that case it is an armed person killing an unarmed man going about his routine work. In this case it was soldiers shooting at soldiers after it was asked that Israel wait. The result for the Lebanese were 4 dead and a village fired on. They actually suffered the most.

It just depends on whether you want peace or war. If you want peace look at where both can avoid this happening again. If you want war ratchet it up till you get war but know that is what you are after.

I prefer peace.

I agree that its not like with like, the Shepered will actually cross the border, the Israeli lieutenet colonet set on a picnic table in the Israeli side of the border, its even more serious than shooting down a Lebanise who trys to infiltrate Israel knowing the history of those infiltrations

If you want peace and your neighboors are warmongers, you have to let them know that if they will distrupt peace they will have to pay a painfull price. If you will not, you will never enjoy peace because your neighboors will keep on testing your patiance in some sort of an atteration war or even believe they can wipe you out and engage in a full scale war. The Israeli retaliation was clear - don't **** with us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom