• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

idea

t125eagle

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
hey, i just had a brain stormed idea. since everyones talking about elections, why dont we have our own election, with members on here? democrats, republicans, independants... each "group" debate among themselves like a convention and decide who is running and what their stance is. then have elections based on that. or is it not do able?

t125eagle said:
hey, i just had a brain stormed idea. since everyones talking about elections, why dont we have our own election, with members on here? democrats, republicans, independants... each "group" debate among themselves like a convention and decide who is running and what their stance is. then have elections based on that. or is it not do able?

that sounds fun, but I wonder how we would go about doing it. there are so many factors that go into real elections that I dont see how we could simulate here.

well, everyone can declare where they want to stand: rep, dem, ind. then those in each group debate and decide who they want to run. then after a series of debates on certain issues, everyone on here votes for who he or she wants to win.

that is what i was thinking. does anyone think its do able?

t125eagle said:
well, everyone can declare where they want to stand: rep, dem, ind. then those in each group debate and decide who they want to run. then after a series of debates on certain issues, everyone on here votes for who he or she wants to win.

no one has anything to gain from any individual winning, so what is to stop this from being a popularity contest?

also, in real elections not every candidate has an equal voice due to laws that favor the two major parties, and due to money. how to we account for that?

Haha, shouldn't be difficult.
We'll just have an election of the honorary god of DP lol.

jfuh said:
Haha, shouldn't be difficult.
We'll just have an election of the honorary god of DP lol.

I think that any election that people would participate in would have to give the winner some sort of power over DP. and I cant see how that would benefit the website.

I agree with star2589. It's an interesting idea, but unrealistic in application. And most importantly, it would turn into a popularity contest that would create more high school type bickering than already occurs.

CaptainCourtesy said:
I agree with star2589. It's an interesting idea, but unrealistic in application. And most importantly, it would turn into a popularity contest that would create more high school type bickering than already occurs.
Isn't that how our election system is today? By which I mean in real life.

jfuh said:
Isn't that how our election system is today? By which I mean in real life.

thats not really the point. the point is that it would bring down the quality of this forum.

star2589 said:
thats not really the point. the point is that it would bring down the quality of this forum.

My point exacty. Aren't we better than that. :2razz:;)

Back
Top Bottom