• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Idaho Senate halts healthcare bill targeting trans youth

No there aren't.
Yes there are.

There are women who have XY chromosomes. Estimate to be 1 in every 80,000 births.
Yes, there are genetic aberrations/mutations.
Not an abberation or a mutation but in the spectrum of human sex, gender and sexuality.

Perfectly natural.

Sex is binary. Gender is a psychological construct. Sexuality is bimodal.
Sex is not binary. There are plenty of examples of intersex people.

Yes there are.

There are women who have XY chromosomes. Estimate to be 1 in every 80,000 births.
If there are XY chromosomes, and corresponding sex organs, they are not female. Anything else is a genetic aberration.
Not an abberation or a mutation but in the spectrum of human sex, gender and sexuality.
Nope. Genetic abberration. Gender is a construct, and sexuality has no relevance to what we are discussing.
Perfectly natural.
Not in any way.
Sex is not binary.
Sex is very much binary. This is basic biology.
There are plenty of examples of intersex people.
No there aren't. There are genetic aberrations.

f there are XY chromosomes, and corresponding sex organs, they are not female.
They are 100% female. They express as female, they have female genitalia. They tend to lack ovaries… but still… they are females.

And then the rest of the nonsense.

Sex is bimodal not binary.

One cannot claim that it is binary except for aberrations.

That means that it isn’t binary.

They are 100% female.
They aren't. They are genetic aberrations
They express as female, they have female genitalia. They tend to lack ovaries… but still… they are females.
no, they are genetic aberrations.
And then the rest of the nonsense.
Biology isn't nonsense.
Sex is bimodal not binary.
nope. There are only 2 sexes in the human race. male and female. Binary
One cannot claim that it is binary except for aberrations.
Of course we can. Biology, and genetics says so.
That means that it isn’t binary.
It is binary. This is basic biology.

They aren't. They are genetic aberrations

no, they are genetic aberrations.

Biology isn't nonsense.

nope. There are only 2 sexes in the human race. male and female. Binary

Of course we can. Biology, and genetics says so.

It is binary. This is basic biology.
You are seriously arguing that everything falls into one of two categories except for the stuff that doesn’t.

That makes no sense.

You are seriously arguing that everything falls into one of two categories except for the stuff that doesn’t.
I'm very patiently explaining basic biology to someone who apparently wants to reject proven science. The human species only has 2 sexes. Male and female. This is entirely controlled by chromosomes. Anything outside of this, is a genetic aberration.
That makes no sense.
I can't dumb it down any further for you.

The human species only has 2 sexes. Male and female. This is entirely controlled by chromosomes. Anything outside of this, is a genetic aberration.
The first part doesn’t agree with the second part.

Finally some sanity coming from Republicans. Politicians are not doctors and need to stop acting like it. Let trans youth have the compassionate, evidence-based care that they deserve. (y)
Paying for disillusioned youth who don't know what gender they are? I guess this is the backdoor to paying for gender reassignment? Boys are girls, never will be, girls are not boys, never will be.

I can think of other, highly personal, or life-altering scenarios that could arise so be careful of that Oxford comma. Would you feel likewise if it's a minor's (potential) abortion at stake? Must the parent/guardian also be involved? It's just hard to categorize such matters (as health care) as absolute. [/advance apologies. not usually a fan of whataboutisms but sometimes it's warranted to further the general discussion]

admittedly and selectively quoted

That's a big no...when it comes to kids. If my minor child (and in the US, that's <18) wants to be a heroin addict or an anorexic or a skinhead or a Crip...those are all big FAT no-ways and I will do all I can to prevent it or intervene.

Child abusers would say the same. Why are you parroting them?

As for "people"...adult "people", being who they wanna be...I'll give most "people" a whole lotta latitude. Generally, I'm a live-and-let live type and to each their own. If I don't like "you" (being "you") well, then, I'll just either move on along or find a way.....to get along.

I just disavow such broad statements.

But kids need to be controlled, amirite?

Sex is determined by chromosomes.

This has nothing to do with the topic

No it isn't. Their chromosomes determine their sex.

This has nothing to do with the topic.

The DSM disagrees.

It is a clinical mental illness, per the DSM

I know all about it. I'm trying to get you guys to understand the basics of biology, chromosomes and DNA first, before we can get into more complex topics.

You just saying something doesn't make it true.

What you post isn't true.

The studies have been done. The results are very clear.

The human gestational process includes a hormone wash that goes over the brain twice in gestation.

The MRIs of the brains of gay men are fact.

You don't have to accept it but medical science does since it's clear fact.

People like you are not going to be able to persecute and discriminate anyone you don't deem to conform to what you believe a person should be.

The first part doesn’t agree with the second part.
I really can't dumb it down any further for you to understand.

You just saying something doesn't make it true.
I agree. Established biological science does.
What you post isn't true.
It's demonstrably true.
The studies have been done. The results are very clear.
No study done to date has disproven biology. Sex is controlled by chromosomes, not feelings.
The human gestational process includes a hormone wash that goes over the brain twice in gestation.
I know
The MRIs of the brains of gay men are fact.
Homosexuality is entirely irrelevant to anything being discussed.
You don't have to accept it but medical science does since it's clear fact.
Medical science clearly states that sex is controlled by chromosomes, not feelings.
People like you are not going to be able to persecute and discriminate anyone you don't deem to conform to what you believe a person should be.
Pointing out biology is not persecution or discrimination. It's just reality.

I really can't dumb it down any further for you to understand.
It makes no logical sense to declare that everything fits in two dichotomous categories and then dismiss everything that doesn't fit in those categories as abberations.

What actually makes sense is that those two categories represent the majority of the human experience but there is between the two modes a broad middle that catches everything else.

They are just as human as you and I. They are not abberations.

All of this nonsense is predicated on the belief that they 1) either don't exist or 2) don't matter.

It makes no logical sense to declare that everything fits in two dichotomous categories and then dismiss everything that doesn't fit in those categories as abberations.
But we know they are aberrations.
What actually makes sense is that those two categories represent the majority of the human experience but there is between the two modes a broad middle that catches everything else.
No, there are genetic aberrations.
They are just as human as you and I. They are not abberations.
They are quite demonstrably genetic aberrations. Nobody said they weren't human.
All of this nonsense is predicated on the belief that they 1) either don't exist or 2) don't matter.
This is a strawman. I've clearly shown you that chromosomes dictate a persons sex, not their feelings. I've pointed out anything that falls outside of male/female in terms of chromosomes, is a genetic aberration. Reality does not care that you don't like this very basic biological fact.

But we know they are aberrations.

No, there are genetic aberrations.

They are quite demonstrably genetic aberrations. Nobody said they weren't human.

This is a strawman. I've clearly shown you that chromosomes dictate a persons sex, not their feelings. I've pointed out anything that falls outside of male/female in terms of chromosomes, is a genetic aberration. Reality does not care that you don't like this very basic biological fact.
Once again... there are XY females.

There are intersex people.

They do not fall into the two categories that you want to put all humans into.

It makes zero sense to say that everyone is either one thing or the other except for "aberrations" and since they are aberrant we don't have to acknowledge that they don't fall into one or the other category.

Biology is messy and does not conform to neat categorization.

I agree. Established biological science does.

It's demonstrably true.

No study done to date has disproven biology. Sex is controlled by chromosomes, not feelings.

I know

Homosexuality is entirely irrelevant to anything being discussed.

Medical science clearly states that sex is controlled by chromosomes, not feelings.

Pointing out biology is not persecution or discrimination. It's just reality.

I didn't read your post.

It's a waste of time to read your posts.

No one can ever give you facts that you don't like and you accept them.

I get it.

I'm not going to waste my time with you anymore.

Believe what you want.

Just know that in Idaho and most states, you won't get your dream of being able to persecute children and adults.

And that makes me very happy.

Once again... there are XY females.
No there isn't.
There are intersex people.
There are not.
They do not fall into the two categories that you want to put all humans into.
Anything outside of male/female, is a genetic aberration.
It makes zero sense to say that everyone is either one thing or the other except for "aberrations" and since they are aberrant we don't have to acknowledge that they don't fall into one or the other category.
Reality is not dependent upon your comprehension.
Biology is messy and does not conform to neat categorization.
Yes it does.

I didn't read your post.
Clearly
It's a waste of time to read your posts.

No one can ever give you facts that you don't like and you accept them.

I get it.

I'm not going to waste my time with you anymore.

Believe what you want.

Just know that in Idaho and most states, you won't get your dream of being able to persecute children and adults.

And that makes me very happy.
I'm sorry, but biology and reality do not care how you feel. Sex is determined by chromosomes, not feelings. This is basic middle school level stuff.

No there isn't.
Yes there are.

It is called Swyer syndrome. They present as female, have female external genetalia. They have some internal female genetalia including a uterus and fallopian tubes. They are usually sterile. It is 1 in every 80,000 births.

Thet have XY chromosome.

They do not fit in your narrowly defined category.
There are not.
Now you are just pulling my leg.

Anything outside of male/female, is a genetic aberration.
Yet are still human and exist outside of those narrowly defined categories.... maybe the problem is with the narrowly defined categorization?

Yes there are.
There aren't.
It is called Swyer syndrome.
Yes, a genetic aberration.
They present as female, have female external genetalia. They have some internal female genetalia including a uterus and fallopian tubes. They are usually sterile. It is 1 in every 80,000 births.
Right. Genetic aberration.
Thet have XY chromosome.
And are not female
They do not fit in your narrowly defined category.
They fall under genetic aberrations.
Now you are just pulling my leg.
No i'm explaining basic biology.
Yet are still human and exist outside of those narrowly defined categories....
As genetic aberrations.
maybe the problem is with the narrowly defined categorization?
No, the problem appears to be your ability to comprehend basic scientific facts.

No i'm explaining basic biology.
You aren't though.

You are explaining what you want it to be. Not what it actually is.

A whole swath of human experience has to be ignored to make everything fit into two tidy categories.

Simply dismissing everything that doesn't compute as an aberration just shows the inadequacy of the framework that you are operating under.

You aren't though.

You are explaining what you want it to be. Not what it actually is.

A whole swath of human experience has to be ignored to make everything fit into two tidy categories.

Simply dismissing everything that doesn't compute as an aberration just shows the inadequacy of the framework that you are operating under.

It's dogma. Pure dogma. They hate anything and anyone that doesn't conform to their rigid categories.

Back
Top Bottom