• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Idaho Senate halts healthcare bill targeting trans youth

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

Finally some sanity coming from Republicans. Politicians are not doctors and need to stop acting like it. Let trans youth have the compassionate, evidence-based care that they deserve. (y)

Good that law went too far with its out of state provision.

And with its cruelty towards children.
Giving a child hormone blockers or cosmetic surgery is cruelty towards children. When they are adults, if they want elective cosmetic surgery, or hormone blockers, then they can decide that for themselves, when they have the maturity level and brain development to make such a drastic and long term decision.

Giving a child hormone blockers or cosmetic surgery is cruelty towards children.

^ This is the kind of cruel, anti-trans bullshit that this law would have forced.

A child's healthcare is a matter between the child, the parent/guardian, and the doctor, and nobody else. :)

When they are adults, if they want elective cosmetic surgery, or hormone blockers, then they can decide that for themselves, when they have the maturity level and brain development to make such a drastic and long term decision.

Letting kids not be who they wanna be, is child abuse.

Republicans and Bible-thumping so-called Christians are child abusers for trying to turn kids into males or females, even if they completely feel different or not fitting a gender.

And sometimes, these Republicans and Christians-in-name-only are also killers - because kids often kill themselves after being bullied or pressured into something they don’t wanna be.

Let people be who they wanna be !

^ This is the kind of cruel, anti-trans bullshit that this law would have forced.
You've confused yourself. Providing life alterinig, cosmetic surgery and hormone blockers to a child still developing, is harmful.
A child's healthcare is a matter between the child, the parent/guardian, and the doctor, and nobody else. :)
This isn't about healthcare. It's about treating a mental illness with cosmetic surgery and harmful hormone blockers to developing children.

You've confused yourself. Providing life alterinig, cosmetic surgery and hormone blockers to a child still developing, is harmful.

This isn't about healthcare. It's about treating a mental illness with cosmetic surgery and harmful hormone blockers to developing children.

Being trans or intersex is not a mental illness.

It is a gender-change due to being born in the wrong body or a 3rd gender, but some people don’t get that because they are ignorant assholes …

You've confused yourself.

:LOL:

Providing life alterinig, cosmetic surgery and hormone blockers to a child still developing, is harmful.

:ROFLMAO:

This isn't about healthcare.

Correct, it's about right-wing bigotry.

It's about treating a mental illness

Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness. :)

with cosmetic surgery and harmful hormone blockers to developing children.

These are your views and you are entitled to them. What you're not entitled to do, as Idaho Republicans recognize, is force them onto children. (y)

Being trans or intersex is not a mental illness.
If you are one thing, and believe you are something else, that is by definition and clinical diagnosis, a mental illness.
It is a gender-change due to being born in the wrong body or a 3rd gender, but some people don’t get that because they are ignorant assholes …
Nobody is "Born in the wrong body". Biology doesn't care how you feel about it. A male, born a male, forever remains a male, no matter what parts of their body they surgically augment, or hormones they take.

Being trans or intersex, or gay, etc. should be seen as a normal form of evolution or form of nature, which also exists in the animal kingdom. There are also gay and lesbian and trans dolphins for example, a phenomenon widely known in science, through hundreds of years.

But unlike animals, humans bully those people with a natural minority development.

Trans, intersex, gay people are nothing else than someone born with red hair or freckles and should be treated so and not be bullied. They are often treated really badly, despite having cool personalities.

:LOL:

:ROFLMAO:

Correct, it's about right-wing bigotry.
No, it's about treating mental disorders with dangerous life altering cosmetic surgery and hormone blockers, to still developing children.
Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness. :)
We've been over this dozens of times. I've shown you the DSM diagnosis. It is a mental illness.
These are your views and you are entitled to them.
It isn't a view. It's a medical and biological fact.
What you're not entitled to do, as Idaho Republicans recognize, is force them onto children. (y)
I'm not forcing anything on anyone. Mature adults can make whatever life altering decisions for THEMSELVES that they wish. Pushing cosmetic surgery or hormone blockers on a developing child, to treat a mental illness, is child abuse.

If you are one thing, and believe you are something else, that is by definition and clinical diagnosis, a mental illness.

Nobody is "Born in the wrong body". Biology doesn't care how you feel about it. A male, born a male, forever remains a male, no matter what parts of their body they surgically augment, or hormones they take.

You sound like a caveman. Go back to the stone age, where you belong and collect some firewood.

No, it's about treating mental disorders with dangerous life altering cosmetic surgery and hormone blockers, to still developing children.

Cut the hysteria. 😁 Hormone therapy is safe and effective when used properly. (y)

We've been over this dozens of times. I've shown you the DSM diagnosis. It is a mental illness.

Keep lying over and over again and expecting a different result.

I'm not forcing anything on anyone. Mature adults can make whatever life altering decisions for THEMSELVES that they wish. Pushing cosmetic surgery or hormone blockers on a developing child, to treat a mental illness, is child abuse.

^ This is what wanting to force your views on children looks like. Even Idaho Republicans knew that that was too much.

because I'm explaining biology to you? lol ok

You are not explaining biology to me. You are posting debunked conservative crap.

Biology is not just male/female setup, but also body interacting with ones psychology. So, you can be born a male, but feel early on as a female. As the mind usually outweighs the body, the mind wins and wants to change the body too.

But most people can’t do so without being bullied, because ignorant people like you are roadblocks, despite medical means being available and advancing due to science.

I could also bully you for having a small, ignorant caveman brain (a mental illness, because today’s people have larger brains and are more developed), but let’s not do that …

Cut the hysteria. 😁 Hormone therapy is safe and effective when used properly. (y)
In a still developing child, it is not safe.
Keep lying over and over again and expecting a different result.
This is a personal attack. Getting butthurt because biology doesn't care how you FEEL, doesn't change reality.
This is what wanting to force your views on children looks like. Even Idaho Republicans knew that that was too much.
You're confused again. The bill was seeking to STOP views, via harmful cosmetic surgery and hormone blockers to developing children, being forced on children.

You are not explaining biology to me. You are posting debunked conservative crap.
I'm not conservative. But I am and will continue explaining biology to you. Sex is determined by chromosomes, not feelings. You cant change your sex. You can't be "born in the wrong body".
Biology is not just male/female setup, but also body interacting with ones psychology.
No it isn't.
So, you can be born a male, but feel early on as a female.
Feelings are irrelevant to biology. You can feel and want to live your life as a different GENDER, but your sex remains the same. Gender is a psychological construct, where sex is biology.
As the mind usually outweighs the body, the mind wins and wants to change the body too.
The body can't be changed. Cosmetic surgery and hormone blockers simply artificially alter the physical appearance. A male remains a male regardless.
But most people can’t do so without being bullied, because ignorant people like you are roadblocks, despite medical means being available and advancing due to science.
Noting I've stated is in any way bullying. I'm explaining basic biology to you, and explaining why pushing this bullshit on a child is harmful and child abuse.
I could also bully you for having a small, ignorant caveman brain (a mental illness, because today’s people have larger brains and are more developed), but let’s not do that …
This is a personal attack, which is all you have because you can't defend your position with actual science.

I guess you don't know the gestation process of the human being. Most men don't bother to learn that.

There is a hormone wash that goes over the brain of a fetus twice during gestation.

If it's a female fetus, it is supposed to get an estrogen wash.

If its a male fetus, it is supposed to get a testosterone wash.

The gestational process isn't perfect. As we know birth defects happen. The gestation process doesn't always go the way it's supposed to.

Thus a female fetus may not get that estrogen wash or didn't get enough of it or got the wrong hormone.

Same with the male fetus with testosterone.

Doctors have done MRI studies on gay men's brains. The fem gay men have female brains.

It is very possible that a transgender person got the wrong hormone wash.

Just as with a gay or heterosexual person. They were born that way.

There is no mental illness that causes a transgender person. There is no proof that it's a mental illness and no real doctor will ever tell you it's a mental illness.

For heaven's sake. Learn about the gestational process of the human being.

I guess you don't know the gestation process of the human being. Most men don't bother to learn that.

There is a hormone wash that goes over the brain of a fetus twice during gestation.

If it's a female fetus, it is supposed to get an estrogen wash.

If its a male fetus, it is supposed to get a testosterone wash.

The gestational process isn't perfect. As we know birth defects happen. The gestation process doesn't always go the way it's supposed to.

Thus a female fetus may not get that estrogen wash or didn't get enough of it or got the wrong hormone.

Same with the male fetus with testosterone.
Sex is determined by chromosomes.
Doctors have done MRI studies on gay men's brains. The fem gay men have female brains.
This has nothing to do with the topic
It is very possible that a transgender person got the wrong hormone wash.
No it isn't. Their chromosomes determine their sex.
Just as with a gay or heterosexual person. They were born that way.
This has nothing to do with the topic.
There is no mental illness that causes a transgender person.
The DSM disagrees.
There is no proof that it's a mental illness and no real doctor will ever tell you it's a mental illness.
It is a clinical mental illness, per the DSM
For heaven's sake. Learn about the gestational process of the human being.
I know all about it. I'm trying to get you guys to understand the basics of biology, chromosomes and DNA first, before we can get into more complex topics.

Being trans or intersex, or gay, etc. should be seen as a normal form of evolution or form of nature, which also exists in the animal kingdom. There are also gay and lesbian and trans dolphins for example, a phenomenon widely known in science, through hundreds of years.
Dolphins don't have sexual orientations or gender identities

This bill was never about transgendered people.

It was to establish that Idaho could regulate interstate commerce.

I can think of other, highly personal, or life-altering scenarios that could arise so be careful of that Oxford comma. Would you feel likewise if it's a minor's (potential) abortion at stake? Must the parent/guardian also be involved? It's just hard to categorize such matters (as health care) as absolute. [/advance apologies. not usually a fan of whataboutisms but sometimes it's warranted to further the general discussion]

Letting kids not be who they wanna be, is child abuse.
Let people be who they wanna be !
admittedly and selectively quoted

That's a big no...when it comes to kids. If my minor child (and in the US, that's <18) wants to be a heroin addict or an anorexic or a skinhead or a Crip...those are all big FAT no-ways and I will do all I can to prevent it or intervene.

As for "people"...adult "people", being who they wanna be...I'll give most "people" a whole lotta latitude. Generally, I'm a live-and-let live type and to each their own. If I don't like "you" (being "you") well, then, I'll just either move on along or find a way.....to get along.

I just disavow such broad statements.

Sex is determined by chromosomes.
There are women with XY chromosomes.

There are humans who have both XX and XY chromosomes.

Sex, gender and sexuality are not binary but bimodal.

Back
Top Bottom