• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Idaho pastor who bucked mask mandate now in ICU battling COVID-19

RAMOSS

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Well,, you can't fix stupid, and the virus doesn't care who or where you are. If you don't follow the precautions, you are likely to catch it.

Idaho pastor who bucked mask mandate diagnosed with COVID-19

An Idaho pastor who eschewed wearing face masks during services has contracted COVID-19 and is now recovering in an intensive care unit, church officials said.

Paul Van Noy, senior pastor at Candlelight Christian Fellowship in Coeur d’Alene, has been hospitalized for two weeks while battling the virus as his wife, Brenda Van Noy, is recovering from COVID-19 at home, a church official told the Spokesman-Review.

We see these stories over, and over, and over! Who's more likely to get Covid, than someone who openly flaunts it? We want them to pay for the damage they cause those around them, but it's such a sad situation to wish pain & suffering upon others. But what do do with these arrogant, dangerous, a-holes? We lock-up criminals that hurt others, so maybe this is our Creator's way of 'locking them up'? I suppose those less faithful amongst us, might cite 'Darwin'? They'd be right there, too.

I really have little sympathy for these trouble-makers. They're hurting innocent people by their words & deeds.

Seems the key to that story is the Recovery; lesser that it was contracted.
Yeah, two weeks in an ICU n a near death experience, with another week to go and who knows how much recovery, lingering symptoms, and permanent damage has occurred? Yeah, that's a sweet deal - huh?

Seems the key to that story is the Recovery; lesser that it was contracted.

One can hope he recovers. He's in the ICU, and the fatality rate of people who have gone into the ICU has dropped. But, the whole 'let's violate precautions' is why he's there to begin with.

Yeah, two weeks in an ICU n a near death experience, with another week to go and who knows how much recovery, lingering symptoms, and permanent damage has occurred? Yeah, that's a sweet deal - huh?

My comment was concerned with the story presentation.
Considering your question ... I suppose recovery beats being the honored guest at a funeral.
We all make choices; he made his choice and is standing the results.

Considering your question ... I suppose recovery beats being the honored guest at a funeral.
Alright, that's fair enough. Thanks for the response.

One can hope he recovers. He's in the ICU, and the fatality rate of people who have gone into the ICU has dropped. But, the whole 'let's violate precautions' is why he's there to begin with.

See post #7 :peace

It depends on where it goes from here. I do remember the claims of Herman Cain being in the hosptial 'recovering'. Until someone is actually out the ICU, they still are pretty darn sick. I hope they get all the proper medical care though.

How many others of his congregation are suffering because of his choices and his example as the leader of his flock? He has been in intensive care. He isn't going to come out the same. I think of him as someone who waves loaded guns around while drinking everywhere they go.

It depends on where it goes from here. I do remember the claims of Herman Cain being in the hosptial 'recovering'. Until someone is actually out the ICU, they still are pretty darn sick. I hope they get all the proper medical care though.

that is a shame but probably better for his congregation to "get it"

Maybe there is a god, after all.

Do you have evidence supporting your claim or are you just saying it because its convenient to your position?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You didn't follow the link, then? It's from one of Murdoch's rags. Or, maybe you've decided not to believe your own side's "news."

Pastor Paul Van Noy spent a week sick at home before being admitted to Kootenai Health, where he spent 18 days in the critical care unit.

At one point, his lungs severely damaged from the coronavirus, he was told he had a 20 percent chance of survival.

And he still has a long road to a full recovery.

But Monday, Van Noy was released to go home.

His wife of 36 years, Brenda, waited outside for him about 4:30 p.m. and briefly recounted the trials they endured in the past month.

“I haven’t touched my husband in almost three weeks. And I had to go home and be sick by myself and recover from COVID while he was in here, fighting for his life,” she said. “I’m very glad to get him home.”
'Quite a journey' (Couer D'Alene Press)

We see these stories over, and over, and over! Who's more likely to get Covid, than someone who openly flaunts it? We want them to pay for the damage they cause those around them, but it's such a sad situation to wish pain & suffering upon others. But what do do with these arrogant, dangerous, a-holes? We lock-up criminals that hurt others, so maybe this is our Creator's way of 'locking them up'? I suppose those less faithful amongst us, might cite 'Darwin'? They'd be right there, too.

I really have little sympathy for these trouble-makers. They're hurting innocent people by their words & deeds.
I hope every non mask wearer catches it and ends up on a ventilator. I want them to suffer not die. It's the only way they'll learn.

Back
Top Bottom