• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Icing as a Symbol of Religious Hypocrisy.

It is recorded in the gospels of the New Testament that Jesus made a practice of going to to the homes of the worst known sinners of His day, tax collectors, prostitutes, thieves, etc....

He ate with them, He drank wine with them. He did so even though He knew full well their sins, and He knew full well everyone else in the community knew it as well.

It is not recorded that Jesus said,

"I am here, socializing with you, I know the wickedness of your sins, so I just wanted to make it clear that I do not approve of any of your sins, but I will socialize with you anyway, because I love you, but I hate your sins, so is everyone clear on the I will eat your food and drink your wine, but I still hate your sins, but I love you"

The Son of God Himself, Jesus Christ, the Word of God made flesh ate and drank wine in the company and in the homes of sinners (whores, thieves...etc....) They loved Him, because he showed so obviously that He loved them.

Some of you will not like what I have to say.

How is it that you can think that you cannot make a cake for gay couples because you do not want to be guilty of showing approval to what you think is a sin. You Scribes! You Pharisees! Woe unto you, hypocrites!

Do you not realize that the religious leaders of His day accused Him of exactly the same thing as you accuse others. The moment Jesus stepped into the House, and even more so, dining and eating at the very tables of those sinners, It would be seen by some as His approval of their sinful lives, especially as he did not make the absurd, ridiculous disclaimer I put in quotes above.

Jesus knew very well how his actions would be received by some. He did it anyway, because it was the right thing to do, or He would not have done it.

Jesus never sinned even once, and He knew that you cannot love people, nor will they come to love you if you do not meet them at the place they are, and love them right there, in the midst of their sin. They knew He saw them at their worst, and loved them anyway, even before they stopped their sin, they didn't do that until they came to know Him, and then, they loved Him.

And you think you represent Jesus and his love by not baking a cake for "sinners." You think you are showing some kind of approval of their gay-wedding sins by selling them a cake. Did Jesus think or care that the hypocrites of his time believed He was showing approval of the sins of those he spent time in the homes of. NO, He knew that for exactly what it was.

Jesus showed you how to love the sinner, but not the sin. Show your love to people, sell them a cake, make them some flower arrangements, cater them some pizzas.

Because, without love, nothing you do means a thing.

I think it is telling that with so many "righteous Christians" on this board demanding that people live their lives a certain way, not a one of them had the "righteous courage" to address your seemingly inconvenient truth about Jesus.

Rogue Valley;bt4912 said:
I think it is telling that with so many "righteous Christians" on this board demanding that people live their lives a certain way, not a one of them had the "righteous courage" to address your seemingly inconvenient truth about Jesus.

Thank you, Rouge.

Rogue Valley;bt4912 said:

What would be the point?

Back
Top Bottom